mChat

  • Pipes_GripesMon Jun 08, 2020 4:53 pm
    Does anyone have a reliable way to get stalls to behave realistically? Or is the instantaneous-and-all-encompassing loss of control just a fact of the program?
  • waspe414Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 am
    2015 version adds some variables to add curves to the stall behaviour, but unless those are added and tuned correctly, it's just instant loss of lift. Loss of control is a separate thing, and happens when you decrease airspeed below minimum maneuverable speed (control decreases from 100% at fully maneuverable to 0% at minimum maneuverable)
  • waspe414Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 am
    But loss of control is just no attitude change rather than uncontrolled attitude change like spins
  • The TeacherThu Jun 11, 2020 4:05 am
  • decaff_42Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:43 pm
    If you are in a deep stall I find that centering the stick actually helps drop the nose and regain control, but putting the stick anywhere else for pitch slows the nose drop.
  • waspe414Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:29 am
    Full trim forward and center stick is the best way to escape deep stall. YS is weird
  • plunderbirdMon Jun 15, 2020 3:05 pm
    Https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engl ... k-53051437 Happened early this morning. Not looking good
  • plunderbirdMon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 pm
    Sad to read the pilot, to the above article was found dead. RIP. Fly high.
  • NeoconThu Jun 18, 2020 5:00 am
    I am going to start updating to Windows 10-2004 over night, so YSCAS may be down until morning.
  • NeoconThu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm
    I'm back online.
  • TurbofanThu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm
    likes this message
    Neocon wrote:
    Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm
    I'm back online.
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 am
    Hey, remember me? :twisted:
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:40 am
    Hey, it's that person from those times and that place.
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 am
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away!
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 am
    How have you been pat?
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:42 am
    Boring and lazy.
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:42 am
    Much the same right now :/
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 am
    Where have you been?
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 am
    Thought I'd relive some old memories and have a look back at the good old times ;)
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:44 am
    Living life, I got a job in aviation, that went south thanks to Thomas cook, still in Travel industry however! Now a travel agent
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 am
    I guess the travel industry is slow right now?
  • NathFri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 am
    jetskit wrote:
    Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 am
    Thought I'd relive some old memories and have a look back at the good old times ;)
    Likewise, just stopping by to see what's what - nice to see that this place is still alive :oops:
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 am
    Oh yeah. sad times for us
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 am
    likes this message
    Nath wrote:
    Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:45 am
    jetskit wrote:
    Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 am
    Thought I'd relive some old memories and have a look back at the good old times ;)
    Likewise, just stopping by to see what's what - nice to see that this place is still alive :oops:
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:46 am
    How are things then? servers still seeing traffic?
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:46 am
    The HQ isn't as active as it has been in the past, but a lot of us are still around and we still have pretty good server activity.
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:47 am
    Good to hear!
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 am
    The regulars will probably be doing a Friday Night Flights on the YS CivAv server tomorrow night.
  • jetskitFri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 am
    Cool to see that the Friday night flights are still running!
  • NeoconFri Jun 19, 2020 1:08 am
    likes this message
    jetskit wrote:
    Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 am
    Cool to see that the Friday night flights are still running!
  • Pipes_GripesSat Jun 20, 2020 2:16 am
    Do we have a working pack of YS modelling scripts for Blender 2.8? I switched over from 2.49 so I could more effectively do RC design and have been wanting to fly my concepts around in YS.
  • waspe414Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:17 am
    Not to my knowledge
  • Thomascook221Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:28 am
    Pipes_Gripes wrote:
    Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:16 am
    Do we have a working pack of YS modelling scripts for Blender 2.8? I switched over from 2.49 so I could more effectively do RC design and have been wanting to fly my concepts around in YS.
    As far as i know we have a script for the 2.78/79 version, but no script avail for 2.8 version
  • u2flyMon Jun 22, 2020 5:15 am
    Pipes_Gripes wrote:
    Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:16 am
    Do we have a working pack of YS modelling scripts for Blender 2.8?
    Note yet, but I would try to make initial version of YSFS 3.x addon for Blender v2.83 as soon as possible. FTR, YSFS 2.x addon for v2.79b not finished yet & is limited in comparison to YSFS 1.x for v2.49b.
  • vandalWed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am
    Pssst... Hey kids want some candy?
  • LuisitooThu Jun 25, 2020 5:01 am
    Can i have some good sir?
  • Thomascook221Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 pm
    I prefer treat than trick, sir
  • waspe414Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:28 am
    Sorry, we're fresh out of good. We just got a delivery of chaotic neutral though, fresh from the oven
  • vandalFri Jun 26, 2020 5:26 pm
    @waspe414 hmm I've still got a few bags of my good old classic scarcasm
  • LuisitooMon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 am
    likes this message
    Thomascook221 wrote:
    Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 pm
    I prefer treat than trick, sir
  • Tap001YtMon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm
    posted a new topic: Ys flight 2.0 in General YS
  • DarkestHourMon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm
    I flew E-2C JASDF on the 187 Server & the altimeter froze at 4652 ft.
  • NeoconTue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 am
    I've been filling in the map rotation schedule for YSCAS for the rest of 2020.
  • TurbofanTue Jun 30, 2020 3:48 am
    likes this message
    Neocon wrote:
    Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 am
    I've been filling in the map rotation schedule for YSCAS for the rest of 2020.
  • NeoconFri Jul 03, 2020 11:47 pm
    I just restarted the @OpenYSProject server for #YSCAS. The #FridayNIghtFlights ATC Session starts in about 15 minutes. #YSFlight #YSFS Check #YSFHQ for details.
  • NeoconSat Jul 04, 2020 1:10 am
    So apparently five people is the limit for stability on my server. :lol:
  • TurbofanSat Jul 04, 2020 2:09 am
    Definitely one of the better turnouts though for an ATC session, it was fun!
  • decaff_42Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:46 pm
    likes this message
    Turbofan wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:09 am
    Definitely one of the better turnouts though for an ATC session, it was fun!

Who is chatting

No one is chatting
Refreshes every 60 seconds