YSFlight clubs in Los Angeles CA

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
ericj

YSFlight clubs in Los Angeles CA

Post by ericj » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello:
Are there any in person flight clubs a person can go to, to learn the basics from someone who knows how to fly YSFlight?
I have watched the youtube videos but just keep crashing, cant find the airport, etc
I am in Los Angeles, CA near LAX airport.

Thank you
Eric

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Re: YSFlight clubs in Los Angeles CA

Post by halberdier25 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 pm

A gigantic part of me wants you to go try to find Vapor and DM. I still have DM's email address and I last talked to her maybe... two years ago?

ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-22C

Post by ToxicSkylinesMH10 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm from LA man.
Ive been here my whole life :)

But just for information's sake about specifically what you're asking:the answer is no, not really.

The reason for this is really because YS Flight Users are just so spread out over the world.
On very very rare occasions will you have more than 2 or 3 people from the same city, state or even country. (Minus the US, UK, and NZ :D )

I really wish that YS was just a tad bit more popular than it is, only for the sake that everyone wouldn't look at me weird when I say that I play it :roll:

But other than that, we have the best YS Community that I know I could ever ask for, so it really kind of evens it out.
Besides, you don't have to be with someone in person in order for them to teach you how to be a better pilot :)

Just find someone with patience and you will be well on your way to success here

Actually, scratch that, you don't even need to be that amazing at flying to be respected by members here as long as you are nice and listen to advice, follow rules and all the like.

I hope that this encourages you more than discouraging for the lack of in-person teaching.
Above all, just keep flying and do your best to learn all the little tricks that ultimately make you better :)

Good luck bro

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 767

Post by Maroon 5 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Yup, I'm from LA too. Right Now I'm creating a detailed map of So Cal (adding stuff to Patrick31337's work). Search it. I created a post in Works in Progress if you want to read it. Got a problem? PM me. I'm about 2.5 DME from Van Nuys Airport VOR radial 340.
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw

NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Post by NavyGator » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

fanjet wrote:Yup, I'm from LA too. Right Now I'm creating a detailed map of So Cal (adding stuff to Patrick31337's work). Search it. I created a post in Works in Progress if you want to read it. Got a problem? PM me. I'm about 2.5 DME from Van Nuys Airport VOR radial 340.
I've seen this type of positioning shorthand before, and I've been wondering
about it. The radial I think I got, but, just how is it being related to DME,
[Dist.Meas.Equip.] in μs, nm, or what?

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 767

Post by Maroon 5 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:19 am

DME is how far the aircraft/location is from the VOR source on that radial (in miles)
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw