YSFlight Wishlist

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Monoceros »

What? No mention of adding nukes? Absurd!..Pls add nukes.

Oh wait, this isn't 2007 anymore.

I remember at one point that there was a rampant want to add nukes that it prompted some users to become "hostile" units against YSP.

I have seen the mention of adding the feature of a "destroyed" DNM when an object has been hit by a weapon. I recall ATF on DOS had this added to several of the aircraft models and I thought that was pretty advanced for 1995 seeing the wings or nose completely break off when hit from a certain direction. This one would really be welcoming particularly to low-poly model aircraft, but could create a bit of more work on a high poly model especially coming up with a mangled model. I also remember this being a feature in JetFighterIV seeing MiG-1.42s getting twisted up and scorched when struck by a missile. I would suggest a damage model (something like riddled full of holes or missing panels/sections when not shot down) but that would add even more stress to the game having 3 separate flight models when flying online.

Another thing I can think of is stand-off weapons like the Tomahawk, ARMs and the Phoenix. I think the idea of adding ECM was thrown around at some point in time. Like in a form of a pod like the EA-6B or built in for aircraft like the E units (E-2, E-3, J-STARS).
Nighthawk
Favorite Aircraft: RAH-66 Comanche

Post by Nighthawk »

Damage models would be a great addition. Would go along great with NightRaven's suggestion of removing the silly "tumble" animation.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

ECM could probably work really well. Define a sphere where missiles will loose their track (JAMMING), one for detecting RCS below x value, and a few others. relatively simple DAT inputs, but would probably take more to do on the AI/ guidance portions o the code.

Damage models could probably work well. Add a couple extra slots into the aircraft lst at the end where you can designate a destroyed SRF, and a damaged dnm that would be used if the damage level reached x amount...you could even go the route of increasing likelihood of engine failure/control stability failure after x amount of damage sustained or remaining. Since Soji has expanded damage in the recent past, this second part may be something that could be worked in.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

A way to assign appropriate .wav sounds to individual aircraft integrated into the .dat files.So that when you are flying a turbo prop it does not cough and sputter like an old jenny gasping for air.Well the title does say wish list ;)
Image[/align=centre]
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

I'd love to see a g limiter defined in the DAT. that way you could pull full back stick and not black out under 50gs or something ridiculous like that. It would make acrobatics a little more interesting :D !
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Next .DAT and DNM must be unified for aircraft and ground objects, that will give easy way use any of them in both way on ground and in air.

Also need make "cargo" aircraft category that will use .ACP deck file and can be used for transport other things inside fuselage
(after loading any things inside cargo aircraft must be with spoiler on).

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

u2fly wrote:Next .DAT and DNM must be unified for aircraft and ground objects, that will give easy way use any of them in both way on ground and in air.
Well they're called ground objects for a reason... :roll:
u2fly wrote:Also need make "cargo" aircraft category that will use .ACP deck file and can be used for transport other things inside fuselage
(after loading any things inside cargo aircraft must be with spoiler on).
viewtopic.php?t=27&start=2360#p92292
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Yes, cargo planes are possible in OYS. It would be a nice feature in YSF itself.

It would also be nice if we could make aircraft follow motion paths on the ground in scenery editor.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Patrick31337 wrote:Yes, cargo planes are possible in OYS. It would be a nice feature in YSF itself.
Agree, but cant use OYS, while it's steal no installers for Linux.
Think it will be next .DAT option strings:
"CATEGORY SHIP" - for all ships (fully work on LAND=WATER).
"CATEGORY CAR" - for all cars (fully work LAND=GROUND).
"CATEGORY CARGO" - for all cargo aircrafts.

Also .ACP will be for any type and must be independent from "CATEGORY" and for cargo door animation it can use presented "CLA 43" (back door)

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

What I'm expect for YSflight is world wide scenery, all real life aircraft as airlines. :)
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

What I would like to see is the in game loading dialog have an option for cargo and or weight loading.
Image[/align=centre]
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

You can in the .dat file add poundage for initial load.You can use T or lb.But it would be so much more convenient for civilian pilots to add in the loading dialog along side the weapons load outs and fuel.
Image[/align=centre]
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA »

Quan Vo wrote:What I'm expect for YSflight is world wide scenery, all real life aircraft as airlines.
can you translate this for me
Currently inactive,may return soon.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

Not sure if this has been brought up before...

Detachable engines? Specifically rocket assist packs for shorter takeoffs. I'm sure it can work very similarly to external fuel tanks, and be jettisoned when they're fuel is spent.

Rocket assist works like afterburner (replaces standard afterburner) but uses no on board fuel and is jettisoned after.

Plus we could make space shuttles or multi stage rockets :D
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I believe Vic that someone back in the YSP days did that by modding LBGs Blue angels C-130.But not jettison-able.But I can not for the life of me remember who did it.But all of that can be done outside of the program as mods.Just not by me :oops:
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Yes, but only visually. i think the idea is to have an engine that is tied to its own fuel tank. Once that fuel tank is empty, that engine would not continue to operate. Right now it can be done with an afterburner, but the rocket would continue to work long after it should have used up its fuel supply.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I should think it would be the same principle as a jettison-able fuel tank only the tank would be visually .srf a jato pod or rocket stored in the Misc file.With the hard points assigned in the aircraft's .dat file.I have done all of that for fuel tanks except model the actual visual itself.And did I mention that fuel volumes can be assigned to the tanks or jato in the .dat file.
Example of fuel.png
Example of fuel.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 12898 times
The fuel you designate here in the .dat will be carried over to the in game loading dialog as extra fuel and will be jettison-able.It does not effect the on board fuel.This example is for the L-1049 Connie.
Image[/align=centre]
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

That's exactly what I had in mind Gunny, thanks :) All the code is already there we really just need a code to act like the burner and a new "weapon" category. I should make a mock up for Soji with a brief explanation. Maybe he'll do it :P
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Actually all you would need is a visual .srf model of a jato pod and or a rocket and replace it as a .dat fuel tank and it could be done now although it would be sacrificing the extra fuel tank for the jato in the load dialog.Basically it would still be named a fuel tank.Just retasked for the jato assist.
Image[/align=centre]
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Gunny wrote:I believe Vic that someone back in the YSP days did that by modding LBGs Blue angels C-130.But not jettison-able.But I can not for the life of me remember who did it.But all of that can be done outside of the program as mods.Just not by me :oops:
Our very own Eric I believe