YSFlight Wishlist

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by waspe414 »

NightRaven wrote:Does it? I find it works alright. It's just the logic that is difficult to wrap your head around, but it is correct. If you rudder upside down to the right, you are actually turning to the left, hence the heading decreases in value. It works fine in YS - I just tested.
Turning the rudder left puts the nose left, and diverges from the velocity vector the same amount whether right side up or inverted. The issue with inversion is you drift in the opposite direction, despite the heading and velocity vector saying otherwise. It's a very slight and difficult to notice issue (and frankly doesn't really affect all that much), but it does exist.

You can test it by inverting straight and level, noting your heading, kicking the rudder one direction, and watch your heading return to its original value, despite the rudder being hard over in the other direction.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Neocon »

Isn't that because of the auto rudder?
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by waspe414 »

I don't have autorudder turned on, and even with it on the total deflection is still in the direction you're pushing (albeit less than maximum).
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake »

Fly down the left "lane" of the runway inverted and rudder left, you'll end up in the right lane by some wizardry
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Neocon »

I'm still confused. If you are up-side-down and turn left from your perspective, an observer on the ground should see you turn right. The plane physically turns as it should, and would in the real world. The problem is that the compass does not invert with the plane, so if you are headed north while inverted, west is on the right but will still show as east. I believe this would also happen in the real world unless the electronic compass was made to compensate for being read inverted.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake »

The problem is that the heading does change ( the nose would direct into the far left of the runway, however the aircraft drifts to the right. I'll make a video when I can
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by ksh »

they should add onto ysflight some rain!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake »

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by NightRaven »

Ah I see now.
FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Neocon »

I tested again using TF58's GAC Thunderbird. It worked correctly for me. I noticed that your plane was not flying level, and seemed to be drifting to the right, which is also the direction the plane was rotated. Try it again keeping the plane as close to level as you can.

Ok, I just duplicated your problem. First, I turned off the rudder auto coordination. I took up the stock F-16, flew inverted, straight and level, at under 200kts. I was headed straight east and turned the rudder to the left, which should have turned the plane to the north. The nose turned to the north. The compass didn't turn much at all, but what little it did turn was going to the south and the plane was turning the opposite of where the nose was aimed.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Re: New things from Soji

Post by Dragon_Mech »

i would like to see something like the AIM54 Phoenix missile. if anything it would force distant targets to break off from their attack and perform avoidence maneuvers.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Post by decaff_42 »

Moved ^ Post for topical reasons.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA »

There should be a feature which you can link ysflight to Internet for weather
Currently inactive,may return soon.
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

OfficerFlake wrote:
2spooky12me
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Color choice for the horizon gradient.sunsets and sunrises could be achieved then in the game.
Image[/align=centre]
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

So I had a thought when I ploughed a Pe-2 into a tree in War Thunder.

Why not use surface area of control surfaces to dictate the roll, pitch and yaw performance of an aircraft? The current system is rudimentary at best and is exploitable, and may not be representative of the actual aircraft's performance. So I was thinking maybe if there are new variables to define the surface area and postions of the respective control surfaces and the angle of deflection when controls are inputted, the force exerted on that surface would bring about a (hopefully) more realistic response. This would also eliminate the need for a bit of dnm work as this would work in a similar fashion as the turrets. Also this system would replace the current system but not phase it out entirely, so as to allow older mods and non-aircraft mods to continue working, like the current state of the AAMSLOT, AGMSLOT and BOMBSLOT variables.

Also maybe remove the tumbling of dead aircraft. That only happens when wings/control surfaces fall off the aircraft, something that doesn't happen in YS (yet).
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

NightRaven wrote:So I had a thought when I ploughed a Pe-2 into a tree in War Thunder.

Why not use surface area of control surfaces to dictate the roll, pitch and yaw performance of an aircraft? The current system is rudimentary at best and is exploitable, and may not be representative of the actual aircraft's performance. So I was thinking maybe if there are new variables to define the surface area and postions of the respective control surfaces and the angle of deflection when controls are inputted, the force exerted on that surface would bring about a (hopefully) more realistic response. This would also eliminate the need for a bit of dnm work as this would work in a similar fashion as the turrets. Also this system would replace the current system but not phase it out entirely, so as to allow older mods and non-aircraft mods to continue working, like the current state of the AAMSLOT, AGMSLOT and BOMBSLOT variables.

Also maybe remove the tumbling of dead aircraft. That only happens when wings/control surfaces fall off the aircraft, something that doesn't happen in YS (yet).
While I agree that this would be more accurate, it would also be a lot more difficult to calculate real-time as it would varry with speed. To be honest, the current mechanics are pretty good in my opinion, but any increase in fidelity is a + in my opinion.

What I would really like to see is a throttle CLA. The throttle level is already recorded in the YFS file, so why cant it be simply made into a CLA??? it would make nozzles and throttles in the cockpit so much better!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but the ability to make a functional windsock would be great.
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA »

NightRaven wrote:HIDDEN CONTENT: HIDE
Iknow that guy,it's Howtobasic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently inactive,may return soon.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Make one more option for aircraft .DAT
It would be greate drive with jeep on this deck inside airplane fuselage, change vehicle to airplane and fly with jeep inside.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)