Page 14 of 14

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:45 am
by kiwiflieger
KM6BZH wrote:Is cross section 1 invisible than cross section 0?
See below:
Midnight Rambler wrote:RADARCRS 0.0 - The radar cross-section of the aircraft. The lower the number, greater the stealth.
I assume 0 is entirely radar invisible and 1 is maximum radar visibility.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:37 pm
by Barr
Text within the radar screen!?

I think this is a very modest wish that could easily be implemented, I mean like we already have Xs?

Specifically text or VOR/DME and maybe even for ils boxes?

I know we have the radar program but it's still a third party program and is sluggish. Plus you can't keep it on top in some transparent mode. The addition of text would pretty much make it a GPS. There should be like a 5 character limit

Also maybe even expand radar range while you're at it?

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:14 pm
by NightRaven
On the topic of radar, custom radar ranges?

AWACS pls

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:31 pm
by decaff_42
I'd love to see a g limiter. The G load is automatically calculated when flying around, but since YSF uses AoA inputs, perhaps there could be real-time limiting of the aoa input so that the aircraft wouldn't exceed the g limit. It would probably have to be a function of speed/mach/altitude, but I think this could be doable.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:16 pm
by ksh
I think it would be really cool if Ysflight had textures...we could get some really nice paint schemes on planes. ;)

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:26 pm
by flyer17
i think that ys flight need that the aircrafts do not EXPLODE when crash
:evil:

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:48 pm
by Swift
flyer17 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:26 pm
i think that ys flight need that the aircrafts do not EXPLODE when crash
:evil:
well...that takes the point out of crashing

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 am
by flyer17
well...that takes the point out of crashing
the point of crashing is that the aircraft damage a bit in certain cases, in other destroyed complete

But anyhow, do not explode when the crashing is at 3kt/s, and it is what happens in ys flight that in an slow "crashing" the airplane only damages a bit

you understand?

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:25 am
by Neocon
Others have mentioned this idea in the distant past. Planes could have "damage models" where parts could separate in a bad landing instead of just a giant explosion.

In MSFS, a crash leads to the plane being disabled and the flight ending screen instead of a giant explosion.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:29 am
by Turbofan
I think the aircraft crashing part of YS is fairly accurate and need not be changed, because, you know, in real life aircraft generally do explode into a fireball when they crash. Unless it's in water, or a crash landing. Now if it's a very bad landing where the aircraft is damaged and cannot be flown safely, then you can start talking about landing gear getting damaged, or wings cracking or something like that. Same goes for a crash landing. Just saying...

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:37 am
by Neocon
The lack of any sign of water landings being added to YS is the main reason I quit making water and land areas in my maps years ago. It would be a nice addition. I would love to have to go back and add those motion paths to my maps. ;)

Hard landings and crash landings where gear either "breaks" (maybe anything with a gear CLA would just become invisible) or doesn't deploy would be a nice addition, maybe with a 20% chance of sliding to a stop and 80% chance of exlploding.

And if you think about it, when a plane is shot down in the air, the model spins to the ground in flames. Maybe the model could remain on the ground with flames for an amount of time determined in the settings similar to the time smoke remains visible.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 am
by 1384trungh
I wish that when you hit an object, like an enemy ship or a fuel truck, the item actually explodes as well. I struck the fuel truck at 2 knots and I blew up, but the fuel truck was as good as new. I also struck an enemy destroyer, but it didn't make a dent in the ship. :( Airplanes when exploding should act similar to a 250lb bomb? maybe that would work.

Also, it would be great if there were birds and more computer airplanes :D

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:59 am
by Swift
1384trungh wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 am
Also, it would be great if there were birds and more computer airplanes :D
i know some maps actually have "birds" flying around lol.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:49 pm
by flyer17
well about you say Patrick31337 is well that when an computer airplane crash on the air it break in pieces that fall down in flames and in the moment of the crashing with the ground happens that the remains explode and after left debris in the site

this same will is well what happen no only to the computer aircraft, too to the player aircraft

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:35 pm
by lorDuckFeet
I wish YSFlight with a 24 hour system (Yeah i loved ones by OpenYS), changing weather (no problem to be a very simple - but not the OpenGL ones that give me a hell of lag) and only ground texture for airports (not the entire scenery, cause will give a lot of problems to potatos pc like my) i think so this would be much easier to cover bigger areas.
Praying for a good version of YSFlight like the 2012 version :roll:

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 pm
by Swift
MAX406 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:35 pm
I wish YSFlight with a 24 hour system (Yeah i loved ones by OpenYS), changing weather (no problem to be a very simple - but not the OpenGL ones that give me a hell of lag) and only ground texture for airports (not the entire scenery, cause will give a lot of problems to potatos pc like my) i think so this would be much easier to cover bigger areas.
Praying for a good version of YSFlight like the 2012 version :roll:
Totally! Not to mention the colors too, those were gorgeous.

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm
by flyer17
probably will be good that add the climate

Re: YSFlight Wishlist

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 pm
by flyer17
make customisable weapons ( it hasn't something to see with nukes)

and when a plane crash and it has bombs or missiles that they explode in the same place that the plane