YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
flamerboy67664
Banned
Banned
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas DC-10
Location: In the Philippine Airlines DC-10 with a reg of PH-DTI

For people in Asia-Pac Region: How to join YS Airshows

Post by flamerboy67664 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 am

As for the *don't swear* timezone differences by people in the West and people in the Far East, I hope this helps you to join airshows

1. Sleep during the day.
If you are an teenager, ask for your parent/guardian's permission.

2. Wake up about some 2 hours before the airshow.
It must be somewhertr
I hope this helps.
Last edited by flamerboy67664 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner and Admin of the YSPhilippines Server. For more info please click here.

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Re: For people in Asia-Pac Region: How to join YS Airshows

Post by Alpha Star » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:27 am

Aye Captain!
Ladies and Gentlemen! We present you with...
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:57 am

Although yes, his suggestions can be laughable,this is an issue that we in the Asia-Pacific region have to deal with.

Timezones.

We have talked about this before on a separate thread that I created a while back, without much coming out of it. It's the main reason why peeps like me have never attended airshows.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:36 pm

This is seems unnecessary and offensive considering all the work and time us organizers put into our show INCLUDING trying to make sacrifices to allow our schedules to in some way work with those of people AROUND THE WORLD. With people living in all these timezones, it's impossible to satisfy everyone's schedule so it's then up to YOU to figure it out, as we would for your shows (ADEX for example). The thing is, most of the people that organize air shows live in the US and UK. There are significantly fewer air shows hosted from the eastern hemisphere.

This is an edited post. My initial impression from this was that it was a way of attacking the way organizers plan their times with the air shows but considering that it may not be I will try to understand your posts a little better in the future.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:40 am

I routinely get up at 3/4 in the morning to attend YSFlight Airshows - not everyone can do so, we understand. We aim to cater to the largest ammount of people possible - that means quite often that shows "for the east" are not a thing.

I agree with VNAF, this is the most disrespectful post I have seen on HQ in a long time. As a self alleged DC-10 Captain, you should have the common sense and maturity to know better.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!