YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

YSRS Championship (YSRSC)

Post by Mobiyus »

Hosted by YSRS
Welcome to YSRSC, the racing league that will put your skills to the test! Come in great number to fly with us and measure up to your fellow YS pilots!
To join in, you just need to download the conveniant single download event packs, show up at the designated date and race! There's no registration required. The more you participate, more chances you have to be the overall fastest pilot!

The season consists of 15 races contained within 5 distinct events, called Race Series.The first Race Series of the season will usually be a big event presenting many activities, while the following 4 Race Series will be smaller, shorter events more focused on racing.

Each participating pilot will earn points based on finish position in each of this season's four categories : Aerobatic, general aviation, helicopter and jet fighter. At the end of the season, pilots with most points in each of the categories will be declared winners, as well as the pilot with the most cumulative points in all four categories. As YSRSC is currently the only racing league in YS Flight, the winner will earn the title of the fastest pilot in all of YS!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Upcoming : TBA
[/size][/b]

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Rules
[/size]

- No registration required! Your presence will be noted.

- Everyone will be flying the same aircraft during any given race. The reason for this is to remove the aircraft performance from the equation. With everyone starting form an equal state, only your skills will be a determining factor for victory.

- A required aircraft for a given race may exists in multiple version. You are free to select the paint sheme of your liking, as long as the exact name stated on this topic is contained within the aircraft's name you select. When you see ''XX'' in the name stated here, it means there is multiple versions avalaible.

- You are expected to take-off/apply full throttle only when given the signal to do so. Some races may have a flying start were we need to do a pace lap before starting.

- For touch-and-go's, at least one wheel must touch the tarmac. You may touch-and-go as fast as you dare go, as long as one wheel touch the ground.

-Failure to respect a rule will get you a penaly. Penalty = 1 position loss per penalty on the final result of the race. 3 penalty within a race means an automatic DQ.

- Start positions will be atributed randomly every races using random.org list randomizer. Screenshots of the results will be saved and publicly posted if requested.

- You are expected to know the track enough not to crash. If you do so, you are disqualified. It is recommended that you practice before showing up to the race.

- Fuel load is at your discretion and will not be enforced in any way. Practice to discover the minimal amount needed for a given race.

- Aircraft repainting is allowed. Notify me by PM only when the final version is ready and uploaded, so I can update this topic. Note that permissions may be required and that not all aircrafts may qualify for repainting. Please respect the original creator wishes in that matter.

- You are expected to have fun!
Races may be one of the following format
[/b]
Checkpoint race: Checkpoint objects to pass through, small to medium sized, 1-3 laps, appropriate for: Aerobatic, jet fighter, helicopters

Cannonball Run: Can be done on any map containing at least 2 airports or major landmarks, Medium to large sized, always starts and finishes landed and stopped, Waypoints are specific runways we have to touch-and-go on, appropriate for: jet fighters, general aviation.
Staff
Organizer and Host: Mobiyus
Referee: Mobiyus
Note that I will be reviewing the races myself, as I am participating in the said races, it may cause some impartiallity concerns. Know that I am aware of this and that I am genuily invested to do this work correctly and honestly. I keep replay files and screenshots, If you ever have doubts about a result don't hesitate to pm me and I'll gladly upload all related data to anyone who asks.
-Current Season Details-
[/color][/size]
Points Gained
1st = 8 pts
2nd = 7 pts
3rd = 6 pts
4th = 5 pts
5th = 4 pts
6th = 3 pts
7th = 2 pts
8th = 1 pt
Aircrafts Categories Aerobatic
General aviation
Helicotpers
Jet fighters
Aircraft Roster
In order of appearance:
PITTS_SC2_XX
LAPD_Chopper / Action_chopper / News_chopper
Stock F-15DJ_XX
PMNV_CESSNA_182_XX
VNAF_EXTRA_330SC_MAXG_1
MH-60_BLACKHAWK_USS_KEARSARGE
(HQP)PHANTOM_FGR_XX
[GUNNY_N1952J]BEECHCRAFT_SUPER_KING_AIR_200
[NAMW]EXTRA_300(GAC)
SEAVIXEN_FAW2
MV-22_OSPREY_USS_KEARSARGE
[NAMW]T-27_TUCANO_XX
[YSGP11]RACEJET_XX
PIPER_ARCHER_XX[PMNV]
Season Schedule
[/size][/b]
May be subject to changes
Race Results
[/size][/b]
Standings
[/size][/b]
YSRSC2 Teaser Image LAST EDIT: R5 Details and DL packt
Last edited by Mobiyus on Sat May 23, 2015 1:33 am, edited 46 times in total.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Re: YSRS Championship (YSRSC)

Post by Stingx »

I like it. I'll try to work on the map when I can. As for referee positions, I'm available (depending on time). This should definitely spark some interest. Can't wait!
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

I like the idea here. It also gives everyone enough time to get ready, and also schedule stuff. Great job with the organization!

I will have to prepare for the racing. Classes get out earlier that week, so I hope to be free!

-- Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 pm --

I like the idea here. It also gives everyone enough time to get ready, and also schedule stuff. Great job with the organization!

I will have to prepare for the racing. Classes get out earlier that week, so I hope to be free!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

decaff_42 wrote:I like the idea here. It also gives everyone enough time to get ready, and also schedule stuff. Great job with the organization!

Thanx! Glad you're interested. Although there is no registration, anyone is welcome to post to signify his interest.
Stingx wrote:I like it. I'll try to work on the map when I can. As for referee positions, I'm available (depending on time). This should definitely spark some interest. Can't wait!
Edited with correct date and time! I sure hope it will spark somthing :) And thanx for your application! You're in! Easy job, really. someone just need to take the time to do it, and I don't want to be the only one to do it. I guess I would also need a ''spare'' ref, in case you can't be there.

So there still a position to fill!
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingx »

Wait this is today? Time flies...
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Yep, In about 3 hours from now. Make sure you guys have all downloads (See OP). There will be loosely made narration and music on TS.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Where's everybody? Come on out for the racing :D
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingx »

ahhhh I missed it.

Sorry mobi, had to cut my lil' bro's hair. :lol:
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Aww. RS#2 just finished. It's ok, next time.

Lots of us crashed in many races anyway (SRY BOMBCAT).
will probly do some changes to the schedule to make sure racing doesn't involve so much crashing.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

I crashed in every race. My reputation as "Plane Crasher" has be restored! I even crash helicopters and cars!
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

That's nothing! I got stuck during the MH-60 race and that's something you don't see every day lol XD
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingx »

Bomb's way up there. Why you guys letting him win all these? He can't be the only one trying. :lol:
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Race Series #3, Details are out. OP edited

-- Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:27 pm --

Download link ready!
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I know it's a little late, but when I installed the R3 pack it caused a lot of errors.
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Re-download it and overwrite. I re-uploaded the pack 3 times in total to correct those errors :/ ... maybe you don't have the latest one. Last pack I uploadeded was error-free.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingx »

Sorry I couldn't make it Mobi. I had some family issues last night that extended till this morning. Please remove me from the roster; I may not be able to attend next year.
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Stingx wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it Mobi. I had some family issues last night that extended till this morning. Please remove me from the roster; I may not be able to attend next year.
No problem man, Im sorry to hear that. I hope you get all you problems sorted out.

* YSRSC1 R3 post-review results updated! *
Pics coming soon in unedited screenshot topic
-- Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:45 pm --

Reference pics

R3 starting grid race 8

race 9
Image Did not use random.org for the cannonball run. When all starting from same runway, we already randomly agglutinate to one end of the runway lol.

-- Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:20 pm --

I'll post pics here after all. I invite anyone who got some to do the same!

Race #8
Here we got: Mobiyus (blue pitts, green smk), Bombcat (red pitts, purple smk), Kilo11(blue pitts, yellow smk), Venom (blue pitts, white smk), tigerrshark (yellow pitts, white smk) and Patrick31337 (yellow pitts, orange smk) Image

Kilo11's demise. 1st golden crash of the day. That particular place got no shadows beneath so it may get tricky to gage altitude there.

TUNNEL OF DOOM

The 3 next pics shows tigershark taking the turn on the inside and gaining 2 positions.

Gotham City

the next 3 pics shows tigershark gaining 1st place

But I'm right there...

tigershark's death

Bombcat's crash

And the rest is just me akwardly making it to the finish line :? Race #9
Here we have: Patrick31337 (orange smk),tigershark (black smk), Venom (white smk), Mobiyus (green smk), Bombcat (purple smk), and Kilo11 (yellow smk)
So many...

Need some wheels bro?

Liftoff!
All the way up front is Venom because Bombcat started too soon, Venom and and Kilo11 followed, but Bomb and Kilo slowed back down. Venom didn't, hence the penalty. fortunalty though it did not impact the final result.

Cruisin'

1st Approach. Many ppl missed the track completely :/ I agree they are really short tracks tho.

I got one tire touching the tarmac!

Cruisin' again, from Patrick perspective
Image And now the sauce: Bonus race

Here we got: tigerhark (red smk), kilo11 (yellow smk), MD5Ray (blue smk), VNAF ONE (the lightly paler blue smk), Patrick31337 (orange smk), Bombcat (purple smk), Mobiyus (green smk) Image

Ray's perspective

Some fancy flyin

The few next pics shows the battle between Bombcat and Ray

Zooming by

Ray's underside view

Finish line
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

YSRSC1 Race Series #4 details are out. Bonus Race TBA.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I guess I need to go back to work...
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Download Pack ready and Bonus race details posted. Thanks to Patrick31337 for this great Star Wars inspired map! Expect more races to take place there in the future as there are multiple layouts avalaible. It is currently running on ysrs and I will alternate between it and MH3W Raceway 1 for the week.

Cya on the racetrack !
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN