Graphics Enhancement (FXAA/SweetFX/ENB/etc) & YSFlight

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Digger
Favorite Aircraft: Chengdu J-20, Do-335

Graphics Enhancement (FXAA/SweetFX/ENB/etc) & YSFlight

Post by Digger » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:54 am

After some tinkering turns out that FXAA Tool worked on the DirectX version. ENB should work too but I still have to find out the right configuration. Haven't tried SweetFX though.

Pics (may be rather unnoticeable since I don't max out any enabled options, but the differences are there. Excuse me for the picture quality, etc): Image
Image Now, time to find similar thing for OpenGL. The only I can find is QEffects and it didn't work/insta-crash.

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Re: Graphics Enhancement (FXAA/SweetFX/ENB/etc) & YSFlight

Post by Scarecrow » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Digger,

Very interesting. What am I looking for in the pictures precisely? The only big difference I see is the wingtip vapor looks a bit different. Of course, I'm likely missing most of what I should be looking at. :roll:

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten

Post by waspe414 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Well shit, if we can get an ENB standard for YS...

This may be a very good thing.

EDIT: I took a shot at ENB, Generic Mods v0.0076, both wrapper and injector versions, are at least compatible with YS D3d. Currently it only blooms it all to hell.
I'm not sure if YS uses anything that the ENB would be able to grab onto, there's effectively no textures to play with, no reflection, and the distinction between water and other things is entirely meaningless graphically.

EDIT2: ENB can differentiate between day and night, but the thing that blooms the most is the throttle and fuel indicators. Lights have a small amount of bloom when close up, but bloom seems to be only proportional to the size of the object, and not the intensity.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

Digger
Favorite Aircraft: Chengdu J-20, Do-335

Post by Digger » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Very interesting. What am I looking for in the pictures precisely? The only big difference I see is the wingtip vapor looks a bit different. Of course, I'm likely missing most of what I should be looking at
As I've said before, the effect may be rather unnoticable since I didn't max out any setting, but the tool gives you a set of graphical enhancements (FYI I only applied a little anti-aliasing, sharpen and bloom). Here are the available options you can switch:

Killer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle/F-35C Lightning

Post by Killer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:02 pm

I apologize for reviving a dead thread but I gotta put this out there...

If (Like me) your laptop/computer doesn't have a graphics card or you have box standard built in graphics, then I recommend this. I must not have been looking hard enough but I was looking for a program to enable Anti-Aliasing for YSF, saw this had it and gave it a DL, just as I was about to give up on Anti Aliasing for YS...this bad boy saved the day.

Obviously if your Laptop/computer doesn't support Anti-Aliasing then keep an eye on your PC's vitals (Temperature, CPU usage and RAM usage) just to be on the safe side...don't want someone PC blowing up or something.
CVW-171st - VFA-165, The Highest Pilot in YSFlight.
Formerly known as Killerdeck/KD