Page 11 of 19

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm
by hedzup456
Multi engine support-
I.E: you are a 747. press (for example) VBNM to start(or stop) engines.
Q/A to throttle up/down for engine 1, nmpad 7/NMP4 for engine 2, ect, ect, hold hift and Q/A would do all?
That kind of thing.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm
by Honey Badger
definitely engine start/stop, but select engines rather always individual control.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm
by Crazypilot
1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.

2.You hear a voice say:Locked when you lock on to something like the gear up sound in Sound Pack v1 or a wingman saying something after you give him an order

3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
THEN THAT QUICK MESSAGE SERVICE IS FOR YOU!It is like the autopilot and AI wingman menu.You press a button and some options come up in the corner of your screen with each option having it's own button.You can send them pre-typed messages from here.
E.g
Some guy:Break and attack.
Some guy's wingman:Roger
Some Guy:Watch My Back
Some guy's wingman:Roger now shut up.
(Messages could be preprogrammed with all alphabets and other numbers and etc. buttons that can be programmed be the limit.)
What I am saying is you can type messages before a dogfight or a moment when you cannot type you could use this.

4.Proper radar.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 pm
by DavideV
Shutter wrote:Both of those exist. Simple hud.
Whoa, I didn't even remember the simple HUD! :D
.Dats explain all the functions.
Might you name an airplane whose .DAT has HUD specifications? I've tried on some on my folder, but they're definitely too many to make a deep research... :roll:
hedzup456 wrote:Multi engine support-
I.E: you are a 747. press (for example) VBNM to start(or stop) engines.
Q/A to throttle up/down for engine 1, nmpad 7/NMP4 for engine 2, ect, ect, hold hift and Q/A would do all?
That kind of thing.
We'd find ourselves suddendly out of keys to get functions assigned to! :D

Unless we had multiple keys assignment... ;)

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm
by Honey Badger
Crazypilot wrote:1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.
Crazypilot wrote:3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
THEN THAT QUICK MESSAGE SERVICE IS FOR YOU!It is like the autopilot and AI wingman menu.You press a button and some options come up in the corner of your screen with each option having it's own button.You can send them pre-typed messages from here.
E.g
Some guy:Break and attack.
Some guy's wingman:Roger
Some Guy:Watch My Back
Some guy's wingman:Roger now shut up.
(Messages could be preprogrammed with all alphabets and other numbers and etc. buttons that can be programmed be the limit.)
What I am saying is you can type messages before a dogfight or a moment when you cannot type you could use this.

4.Proper radar.
All possible in Flightgear. Would be nice to see in YS.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 am
by Midnight Rambler
Crazypilot wrote:1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.

2.You hear a voice say:Locked when you lock on to something like the gear up sound in Sound Pack v1 or a wingman saying something after you give him an order

3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
THEN THAT QUICK MESSAGE SERVICE IS FOR YOU!It is like the autopilot and AI wingman menu.You press a button and some options come up in the corner of your screen with each option having it's own button.You can send them pre-typed messages from here.
E.g
Some guy:Break and attack.
Some guy's wingman:Roger
Some Guy:Watch My Back
Some guy's wingman:Roger now shut up.
(Messages could be preprogrammed with all alphabets and other numbers and etc. buttons that can be programmed be the limit.)
What I am saying is you can type messages before a dogfight or a moment when you cannot type you could use this.

4.Proper radar.
I like number 3, possibility to make/modify file to create your own messages.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 am
by hedzup456
DavideV wrote:We'd find ourselves suddendly out of keys to get functions assigned to! :D

Unless we had multiple keys assignment... ;)
I have gear/brakes/spoilers on g.
and half of my buttons are on my joystick.
I could happily double up alot of my commands, and for me, keys 67890 arefree.
I only have flaps 100%down or 100%up.
I hjave alot of spare keys, and am planning on getting rudeer pedals and another joystick for christmas, so I will have more buttons, and slightly more keyboard space.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm
by Crazypilot
ATC In YSFlight like TS and there are different channels for every airports(One for taxiiing,take off and landing)

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm
by DavideV
So, when you put the gear down you also have full spoiler? That's not exactly how things should work, especially for airliners, but I know... this is a game and bla bla bla...

BTW, when I told multiple keys I was thinking about something like CTRL+A for example (and I realized you wrote it, but I didn't read it the first time).

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:54 pm
by Honey Badger
Simple. Use caps and control. That triples the number of keys.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 pm
by hedzup456
yup.
and CTRL A (ect) means you have double the amount, Shift A (ect) triple CTRL+SHIFT A (ect) quadruple.
lots of keys :~D

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:54 pm
by waspe414
Unified control system for both Scenedit and Gepoly (zoom being both Z/M and Shit+Both mouse buttons, movement being arrows and Shift+Left mouse, etc.), and single button selections for functions such as vertex, polygon, move, rorate, etc.

Really confusing switching between the two.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:09 pm
by Honey Badger
hedzup456 wrote:yup.
and CTRL A (ect) means you have double the amount, Shift A (ect) triple CTRL+SHIFT A (ect) quadruple.
lots of keys :~D
try to avoid ctrl+alt+delete.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm
by DavideV
aragorn15 wrote:
hedzup456 wrote:yup.
and CTRL A (ect) means you have double the amount, Shift A (ect) triple CTRL+SHIFT A (ect) quadruple.
lots of keys :~D
try to avoid ctrl+alt+delete.
...or ALT+F4 :mrgreen:

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 pm
by Crazypilot
Maybe if sojji read all these posts and did a few of them.oooh a dream come true!

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am
by vandal
CrazyPilot, Soji has a life of his own and it is not to respond to your every will and request.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am
by hedzup456
waspe414 wrote:...and Shit+Both...
be careful what you type lol
also, with the ctrl alt del, i know, i dont use del anyway (its my teamspeak speak button)...

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:32 pm
by Crazypilot
More control over your wingmen(AI) like keep flying on straight or ''aerobatic mode'' when some numbers trigger your AI doing something and they are very tight on your tail and do not break formation no matter what.

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 am
by NavyGator
I've been reading some posts around the site about wind on the servers.
I have an idea. Although I'm not sure this couldn't be done as a ground item. Has anyone done any type of wind-sock/wind-indicator? I know I've set wind a few times and later couldn't remember what direction it was coming from as I approached the airfields. Please don't tell me this is already fixed somehow and I haven't been observant enough to have seen it.
Any comments or suggestions?

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 am
by DavideV
NavyGator wrote:I've been reading some posts around the site about wind on the servers.
I have an idea. Although I'm not sure this couldn't be done as a ground item. Has anyone done any type of wind-sock/wind-indicator? I know I've set wind a few times and later couldn't remember what direction it was coming from as I approached the airfields. Please don't tell me this is already fixed somehow and I haven't been observant enough to have seen it.
Any comments or suggestions?
The YSPS server has a function that when you type /metar in the default chat you get a METAR string (except wind direction showed is 180 degrees inverted).