YS add on for Mac

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
alcook59
Favorite Aircraft: TBM Avenger

YS add on for Mac

Post by alcook59 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:58 pm

Newbie here to the board. I used to play YSflight on a PC a few years ago. Now I am a new Mac user and I'm trying to add the down in flames pack to the Mac. I found a tutorial online but it wasn't very specific. I added the user folder to the main YS flight folder, and the aircraft folder to the aircraft section. In the aircraft section the generic YS flight aircraft are listed individually, but the add on I downloaded only lists air_f58_downinflames.lst in the aircraft folder. I copied it over to YSflights aircraft folder. The user folder was copied into the main tsflight folder, but when I click on the user folder it open up into a f58 folder then a down in flames folder, then shows folders with all the aircraft listed, and those folders open up to data files b17.it b17c.srf, etc... No new aircraft are shown into when I play the game. What am I doing wrong here? I tried searching but can't find the same issues.
Thanks

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

YS add on for Mac

Post by decaff_42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:02 am

Another Mac user! :D

I have been told that the mac setup is a bit different from the windows setup. There are two locations you can install addons:

1) Inide the YSFLIGHT folder inside your documents folder.
2) Inside the specific ysflight application using the information here

#1 will allow you to have the installed addons appear in every build of YSFlight you have on your computer, while #2 is a more local way to install specific addons for that build only.

Also watch out for the lst file. You want the filepaths to use "/" rather than "\".

EDIT: Link fix
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database