What map should YSFlight UK run?

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Killer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle/F-35C Lightning

Post by Killer »

What map should be running on YSFlight UK?

I want you guys to choose. Every week I'll use a different map, which the community chooses. The only thing with this is that we all decide on a map which is usable for all types of flying, somewhere with a few ground targets for the attack pilots, nice airports for the civilian pilots, and some nice open space for aerobatics.

Look forward to your suggestions.

(By the way, I'll make a poll for the more suggested maps soon)
CVW-171st - VFA-165, The Highest Pilot in YSFlight.
Formerly known as Killerdeck/KD
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Post by Welshy »

UK Lite, because its the UK :P
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

I may be a bit prejudice but I think UK+ or UK lite for the UK server would be apropos after all I did create it specifically for you guys.Or any of the UK Territory's in the Caribbean,Gibraltar possibly the Falklands for the Combat pilots.
And by the way the permissions I gave for further development and or fixes are still in full force to any one who cares to take advantage of the opportunity.
Image[/align=centre]
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

The answer is that obvious. UK Lite.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Hawaii
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: R-9A Arrowhead - F-16C Rainbow Falcon

Post by m88youngling »

Hawaii
SARF Executive Officer (2IC)
[email protected]
jetskit
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: 757 - 200,787,a319,a320

Post by jetskit »

It would be great to have a server running the uk lite map, PAVA flies there, but there is rarely anyone using the map :D
"Aviation was not an industry nor a science. It was a love."|YS ATCO|PAVA CEO|
NeurAxaL
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Avro Vulcan B.Mk.2

Post by NeurAxaL »

UK lite

OR a non-stock Heathrow map may be alright.
NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM

Post by NajmiCreative »

jetskit wrote:It would be great to have a server running the uk lite map, PAVA flies there, but there is rarely anyone using the map :D
yup....the UK Lite map must fix the white shading bug and the solution are on BARRACUZ tips=
BARRACUZ wrote:Yes when you open up a .fld in the scenery editor go to properties and check off specular shading. Some thing like that. It could also be your machine. On my laptop the white shade only occurs when I'm at 30k or above and for polygons that are just becoming visual around 40miles.
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]
David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Post by David »

NajmiCreative wrote:
jetskit wrote:It would be great to have a server running the uk lite map, PAVA flies there, but there is rarely anyone using the map :D
yup....the UK Lite map must fix the white shading bug and the solution are on BARRACUZ tips=
BARRACUZ wrote:Yes when you open up a .fld in the scenery editor go to properties and check off specular shading. Some thing like that. It could also be your machine. On my laptop the white shade only occurs when I'm at 30k or above and for polygons that are just becoming visual around 40miles.
Or you could invert the sea and the land. By making the default area land and drawing in the sea as polygons, the sea will be foggy instead (Much like it is in real life).
I'll have a go and see if that would actually work, i'll post the results in current projects later.

But back on topic:
Yes, I think UK lite would be a good map to run, possibly any British terrority including the new Gibralter that Lucas is working hard on! Would make an interesting flying challenge compared to flying on Hawaii all of the time.
Killer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Killer »

EDIT: I was gonna use the UK Lite map but there's a few things wrong with it, it's a good map but could use some work. If it's fixed anytime soon then yeah, I'll run it but my original idea was to have a different map every week which the community votes on.

For now I'm gonna keep running Hawaii, but keep adding suggestions.

Thanks =]
David
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by David »

ThatMisfit wrote:EDIT: I was gonna use the UK Lite map but there's a few things wrong with it, it's a good map but could use some work. If it's fixed anytime soon then yeah, I'll run it but my original idea was to have a different map every week which the community votes on.

Thanks =]
Hey Misfit, I'm not promising anything, but if I can sort out the issues, I'll take on the challenge if everyone is alright with that? Possibly adding a few RAF bases with associated danger areas and ranges for the military fliers and possibly a rebuild of London Heathrow and Gatwick with a new Manchester for the civillian fliers.

Edit: Gunny, being the original creator, would these updates be ok with you? The updates are mainly performance related so users can fly the great map that you created without any issues. I think Lucas might have made a couple of things too so Il have to request permission from him also if I'm correct?
Killer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Killer »

David wrote:
ThatMisfit wrote:EDIT: I was gonna use the UK Lite map but there's a few things wrong with it, it's a good map but could use some work. If it's fixed anytime soon then yeah, I'll run it but my original idea was to have a different map every week which the community votes on.

Thanks =]
Hey Misfit, I'm not promising anything, but if I can sort out the issues, I'll take on the challenge if everyone is alright with that? Possibly adding a few RAF bases with associated danger areas and ranges for the military fliers and possibly a rebuild of London Heathrow and Gatwick with a new Manchester for the civillian fliers.

Edit: Gunny, being the original creator, would these updates be ok with you? The updates are mainly performance related so users can fly the great map that you created without any issues. I think Lucas might have made a couple of things too so Il have to request permission from him also if I'm correct?
If you do this, I'll happily run the UK Map all the time. Just for now whilst it's still a little buggy, I'm gonna keep using the stock maps purely for the quality of the game.

Some RAF bases and ranges would be wicked.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Well you denizons of foggy ol England I put the fog in on purpose to make you feel more at home.But if you insist go too in the game configur,opengl and turn off fog and increase visibility to 12 miles or more.It wasen't an error it was by design.But I warn you being an island and all you will be seeing water on all sides it works for UK+ as well. ;)

Edit: It was made in an older version of scenery editor so specular lighting was not an option at the time.If anybody wants to upgrade it to a newer version of scenery editor please feel free.But remember once you do that it will not be retro compatable to other versions.
Image[/align=centre]
David
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by David »

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me Gunny. ;) if there really is no problem with it then il leave it at that.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I have never experienced any lag shake with UK lite and vary little on UK + and I was just flying a DHC-1 Chipmunk on it today and running at 35-40 FPS.Of course I was on my home game and not a server. ;)

Edit: Not a problem at all go for it.I have always made a point of letting folks edit and remodel all my scenery's.As far as I am concerned they are all open and free to do as you will with them.And I was hoping some member from the UK would develop them farther and better.
Image[/align=centre]
David
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by David »

Alright, cheers Gunny, il consider my options. Il PM you in future if I plan on doing anything with your map.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

No need for that David just do it.I have the highest regard for your skill and abilitys my friend.
Image[/align=centre]