Anyone else like this idea? (Sky fading w/ altitude)

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
BreekiBoots
Favorite Aircraft: X-15 / Su-47 / SpaceShipOne

Re: Anyone else like this idea?

Post by BreekiBoots »

All of my stock aircraft are available, whereas only some of the modded ones are.
Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor »

I like this idea also, I think I posted about this exact idea elsewhere years ago. I've been playing with piggyback programs (like Dogfight, which I've been continuously tinkering with) that detect whether the name of the SCN file contains the word "night", and if so, automatically switch the time of day accordingly.

But to get the sky to darken with altitude... the only way I can see forward (especially considering also the so-so reception given to the latest release of YSflight) is to start writing a ground-up open-source program that will take all our planes and sceneries. Then we could do anything we wanted! Power to the modders!
WaitingFaster
Favorite Aircraft: An-12

Post by WaitingFaster »

That's a good idea, but i didn't get how you do this.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

BreekiBoots wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 pmAll of my stock aircraft are available, whereas only some of the modded ones are.
1) Thanks for the necro, WaitingFaster (Who approved the post???)

2) Breeki, can I please ask what localistion your windows install is? Seems this is a problem involving how addon names are processed. OYS Isn't too good at using anything but en-au (or en-us)

Also I edited the thread title to be slightly more search friendly...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!