USAF Fighter Operations

Foxhound31
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F22

USAF Fighter Operations

Post by Foxhound31 »

I would like to announce that the USAF will be conducting Navy Operations on the VW Server. I know I've said this many times in past operations, but... heads up... any aircraft within a 50 mile radius of any of our aircraft will be intercepted, and if they are in any suspected military callsign, they will be shot down without warning. This operation is intended to get a feel for establishing a US Navy, and increasing activity. Any of our allies are welcome to join us, just make sure that you IFF one of our aircraft. Operations will be today, sometime this afternoon. Callsigns will be disclosed later on. This is just for my friends who don't have discord... AHEM, FlankerE102, and for anyone who is so inactive that they don't even check the YSFHQ discord anymore, and stick to the forums, which I can confirm is not the best idea. Also, weapons will be in use, so don't feel threatened if someone locks onto you for a brief moment. Another thing to note is that we will be attacking ground targets. More info will be posted on the YSFHQ discord later today.
CiC of USAF, General of the Air Force, USAF High Command, Classified Command, 13th Air Superiority Wing, Wing Leader.
FlankerE102
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-14B and Viggen

Re: USAF Fighter Operations

Post by FlankerE102 »

Darn, missed it.
I am in EST time and am most often on YSFlight on weekends, excluding holidays.
Pancake
Favorite Aircraft: F-111

Post by Pancake »

Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pm they will be shot down without warning.
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pmMore info will be posted on the YSFHQ discord later today.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Super Bug

Post by Krux »

As much as i'd like to diss on this entire post, i'm just gonna be reasonable:

Follow the server rules guys. Remember that most servers are not YSFHQ property and you are liable to get banned should you not follow these rules.
Attention all squads, Freddy Fazbear is now being deployed
FlankerE102
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FlankerE102 »

Agreed. Pretty sure VW rules state that you need permission to shoot at someone because some people are just flying for fun.
Biry
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Su-30MKI.Mig-21 Bison

Post by Biry »

Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pm I would like to announce that the USAF will be conducting Navy Operations on the VW Server. I know I've said this many times in past operations, but... heads up... any aircraft within a 50 mile radius of any of our aircraft will be intercepted, and if they are in any suspected military callsign, they will be shot down without warning.
I will throw monkeys at you if you shoot at me. You will regret doing carrier ops I'm telling you. You think you are smart huh? Wait till I jam your engines with bananas while you are loading missiles on your plane. I will also replace your missiles with coconut leaves and guns with potato guns.beware of firing at me...i will turn violetworld into violentworld
Foxhound31
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Foxhound31 »

Biry wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:28 am
Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pm I would like to announce that the USAF will be conducting Navy Operations on the VW Server. I know I've said this many times in past operations, but... heads up... any aircraft within a 50 mile radius of any of our aircraft will be intercepted, and if they are in any suspected military callsign, they will be shot down without warning.
I will throw monkeys at you if you shoot at me. You will regret doing carrier ops I'm telling you. You think you are smart huh? Wait till I jam your engines with bananas while you are loading missiles on your plane. I will also replace your missiles with coconut leaves and guns with potato guns.beware of firing at me...i will turn violetworld into violentworld
*stuffs monkey into AIM-9*
CiC of USAF, General of the Air Force, USAF High Command, Classified Command, 13th Air Superiority Wing, Wing Leader.
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

Reporting as ordered Commander o7! PilotC reports Air Force Navy Aircraft Marine Army Attack aircraft engaged with an enemy aircraft 49.9nm away per your orders. They were given ZERO warning, in fact, they were given so little warning, I didn't even know I was engaging them. My callsign was NASDOGCUTTERSLICERxx_FighterNavyArmyPilot67 and landed successfully on the Naval vessel sailing across YSFHQ waters. I attempted to relay transmission to you of our successful operations. Please confirm acknowledgement of this message. o7

-SiS of USAF, Commodore of the Air Force, USAF High AF Command, De-Classified Command, 420th Air Air-Wing, Wing Follower.
Foxhound31
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Foxhound31 »

PilotC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:18 pm Reporting as ordered Commander o7! PilotC reports Air Force Navy Aircraft Marine Army Attack aircraft engaged with an enemy aircraft 49.9nm away per your orders. They were given ZERO warning, in fact, they were given so little warning, I didn't even know I was engaging them. My callsign was NASDOGCUTTERSLICERxx_FighterNavyArmyPilot67 and landed successfully on the Naval vessel sailing across YSFHQ waters. I attempted to relay transmission to you of our successful operations. Please confirm acknowledgement of this message. o7

-SiS of USAF, Commodore of the Air Force, USAF High AF Command, De-Classified Command, 420th Air Air-Wing, Wing Follower.
You know this is invalid due to your very questionable callsign, and you don't need to put your fake wing.
But anyway aknowledged? I think I might need to make new rules about engaging targets
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PilotC »

You know this is invalid due to your very questionable callsign, and you don't need to put your fake wing.
But anyway aknowledged? I think I might need to make new rules about engaging targets
This callsign was assigned by the squadron commander and was assured to be the correct callsign for the mission. As for my wing, it is very real, or at least as real as yours! I am a member, and it was created 13 hours ago when I sent my most recent report and awarded myself General status! I followed the letter of the law in regards to ROE. The rules you yourself, Commander, specified.
Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pm any aircraft within a 50 mile radius of any of our aircraft will be intercepted, and if they are in any suspected military callsign, they will be shot down without warning.
I was 49.9 miles away from an enemy target, therefor, following your commanders intent, engaged. Perhaps you should clarify your intent as commander if you don't wish for you personnel to engage on these parameters. I don't see why my combat reports are any less real than the other reports given your wing is as made up as mine. Standing by for clarification and my spot promotion to Fleet Admiral.
Foxhound31
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Foxhound31 »

PilotC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:03 pm
This callsign was assigned by the squadron commander and was assured to be the correct callsign for the mission. As for my wing, it is very real, or at least as real as yours! I am a member, and it was created 13 hours ago when I sent my most recent report and awarded myself General status! I followed the letter of the law in regards to ROE. The rules you yourself, Commander, specified.
Foxhound31 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 pm any aircraft within a 50 mile radius of any of our aircraft will be intercepted, and if they are in any suspected military callsign, they will be shot down without warning.
I was 49.9 miles away from an enemy target, therefor, following your commanders intent, engaged. Perhaps you should clarify your intent as commander if you don't wish for you personnel to engage on these parameters. I don't see why my combat reports are any less real than the other reports given your wing is as made up as mine. Standing by for clarification and my spot promotion to Fleet Admiral.
Can this guy who is Amn. B Rank (lowest rank), not in our discord server, and isn't even registered in our training wing, just promoted himself to the head commander of our non-existant navy? I think we need a poll for this one
FlankerE102
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FlankerE102 »

To my knowledge, you have no rule on promotions requiring Discord use. In addition, promoting oneself to General of an air wing is different from making yourself head of the navy. PilotC's statements are all valid. His callsign (if he was telling the truth) was assigned by his commander. His air wing is no more fictitious then yours. He engaged under the ROE put forward by you. All you are doing is demonstrating to all of YSFHQ your air force's failures. Please move this all to a private conversation.
Pancake
Favorite Aircraft: F-111

Post by Pancake »

Psst, Fox, hey.. You're being trolled
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Good lord, this is embarrassing. I hate to be that guy, but since no one else has done it, I'll just lay it all out:

Coop (PilotC) is a veteran of ours who moved on from YS in 2019. He hasn't been a regular pilot in YS for several years now, and is just having a laugh by posting fake combat reports in these threads. It seems like everyone has gotten the joke except for you two.

To Foxhound and Flanker:

At the moment, neither one of you is running a YS combat operation that has any real teeth. This "USAF" operation specifically is trying to graft GeoFS-like military roleplay onto this community, not taking into account that A) we don't have anywhere near enough of a player base of scale to actually do such a thing, and B) legit YS squads have never done this military roleplay thing to begin with. Coop's "reports" are taking the piss on the fact that y'all are talking about combat more than you're actually doing it - something that I, as CO of UCW, have also been all too aware of.

If you both really want to truly work your way up in YS combat, you'd be better served to combine this "USAF" and VF-66 into one squad, and work your way up from there. I brought UCW out of hibernation exactly for this situation, and we would even be open to forming a "truce" to do combat training all together. Not just roleplay, not just taking potshots at ground objects and AI - real, old-school YS combat. We just have to wait for one of you to stop avoiding our main medium for communications to get that ball rolling.

Up to y'all to make the first move.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PilotC »

Foxhound31 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 am just promoted himself to the head commander of our non-existant navy? I think we need a poll for this one
I couldn’t agree more. Let’s make a poll.
Last edited by PilotC on Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlankerE102
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FlankerE102 »

Understood. I apologize.
Biry
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Su-30MKI.Mig-21 Bison

Post by Biry »

HawkbitAlpha wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 am Good lord, this is embarrassing. I hate to be that guy, but since no one else has done it, I'll just lay it all out:

Coop (PilotC) is a veteran of ours who moved on from YS in 2019. He hasn't been a regular pilot in YS for several years now, and is just having a laugh by posting fake combat reports in these threads. It seems like everyone has gotten the joke except for you two.

To Foxhound and Flanker:

At the moment, neither one of you is running a YS combat operation that has any real teeth. This "USAF" operation specifically is trying to graft GeoFS-like military roleplay onto this community, not taking into account that A) we don't have anywhere near enough of a player base of scale to actually do such a thing, and B) legit YS squads have never done this military roleplay thing to begin with. Coop's "reports" are taking the piss on the fact that y'all are talking about combat more than you're actually doing it - something that I, as CO of UCW, have also been all too aware of.

If you both really want to truly work your way up in YS combat, you'd be better served to combine this "USAF" and VF-66 into one squad, and work your way up from there. I brought UCW out of hibernation exactly for this situation, and we would even be open to forming a "truce" to do combat training all together. Not just roleplay, not just taking potshots at ground objects and AI - real, old-school YS combat. We just have to wait for one of you to stop avoiding our main medium for communications to get that ball rolling.

Up to y'all to make the first move.
no fun allowed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

You would clearly not last two seconds in any actual YS combat. Be that blacklist, furball or anything else. I can recommend FSX or GeoFS for this sort of roleplaying.
Foxhound31
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Foxhound31 »

Crazypilot wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:19 pm You would clearly not last two seconds in any actual YS combat. Be that blacklist, furball or anything else. I can recommend FSX or GeoFS for this sort of roleplaying.
I'd like to make one thing clear. You haven't seen me in actual combat. You haven't seen my skill level. And I haven't seen yours. You probably haven't seen yourself fighting an actual person in a while. The only judgement of my skills was the time I did a combat exercise in an A-10 with a full heavy load and took on an F-15. And despite that I still managed to put up a good fight. I'd watch what your assuming there, buddy, since I don't know you and you don't know me. I'd assume the worst.