Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

YSFHQ Combat Reporting Thread

Post by Bombcat »

[win]asdf[/win]
Live graph of who's winning

This thread is where you’ll take an active part in the factional combat system. Declare your team (Blue or Gold) and report what you’ve done to establish your team’s dominance. Squadrons will all join one team – for instance, the 171st will be on team Blue. Independent pilots are free to join whichever team they wish.

Squadron Commanders – declare your squadron’s team when you post here, or have all your pilots individually announce that they’re on your squadron’s team.

In order to establish dominance, each pilot will need to report activity here. Tell us what kind of combat activities you’ve performed for points which will be added to your team’s total. Almost any kind of combat related activity may be reported to contribute to the group score.

Organized combat activities are weighted at 0.25, the highest value. Everyone who takes part earns 2 points for a win, and 1 for a loss. These should include at least 3 v 3 from different teams, and do not have to be pre-arranged.

Kills earn 1 point per kill, up to 30 per report. Kills are weighted 0.2.

Strike Missions are weighted 0.15. A strike against a target defended by hostile pilots earns 4 points, an undefended large range – 3 points, an undefended small range, 2 points.

CAP missions, defending same IFF military ground targets, are weighted 0.15. 1 point is earned for every 15 minutes on station.

Training based on the CIC are weighted 0.15. Read an article, and do as it tells you for 1 point. Same team training missions also fall under this rate, 1 point per hour.

Non-combat military ops: Any time you’re flying military, but not killing things, you can claim 1 point/hour. This is weighted 0.1

Good Hunting!
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.
Shutter

Re: YSFHQ Combat Reporting Thread

Post by Shutter »

Extra info for those who need it:

Blue Team:
  • VFA-165
  • VFA-131
Gold Team:
  • 57th Squadron

When you join a team, you're expected to add a [G] for team gold or for team blue in front of your name. If you see someone on the server with the enemy tag, you should try to fight them. Don't fuck up servers too much though because of it. At the top of the page you can see who's winning at a given time. If you win, and are involved in the winning battle, you will be recognized as a YSFHQ combat hall of famer.

Some notes on what's what:
Organized engagements are like, larger a2a battles over long distances, huge furballs, whether planned or unplanned. If many people were involved (in ys terms anyways) it probably counts. I personally recommend that servers run the 171st squad event maps for these from time to time. You can get them here: http://ysu.juxtaposd.org/download.php?id=60 and if you want some description as to how the map-specific events are to be run, pm me and I'll gladly explain.

Kills are straightforward. We'll be keeping a log and I'll make a live chart similar to the one at the top to let you know who the best dogfighter is at any given time. Just tell us how many kills you got, and if you can tell us who it was. If it was a messy furball, just give us a number and everyone involved.

Strike is pretty straightforward. Just kill a bunch of military ground objects like burkes and shit. Although, if you attack the 171st carrier, that's not cool and we will fuck you up if we're around. ;)

CAP is combat air patrol, hang around a target range on the same iff as the targets, and when someone pops on and thinks "cool, imma blow some shit up and get points" you blow them up and get points. When you run cap, you obviously claim points from kills as well as cap, so start a timer or something. I recommend keeping like a post it near your monitor and write some names and jot down bars for kills. If your cap runs ends up being a huge battle between two teams, claim it as an organized engagement. Organized doesn't mean "planned" it means a fair bit of fighting went on that was on a bigger scale than usual.

Training by the CIC is straightforward. Open up the CIC thread, and start from the first thread. Once you've mastered everything in that thread, claim it, and you get a point. You can only claim each CIC article once per pilot. If you "train" based on other shit, I won't let you get any points. I don't care what you think works based on top gun, we want training based on YS physics, which are unrelated to reality. The CIC tells you pretty much everything there is to know about YS combat, so don't go making shit up and pretending you're some hotshot training noobs. We won't care. Same team training means dogfight someone on your own team, and kick the shit out of each other.

CIC: http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=3779

Claiming a kill format:

I flew as [VFA-131]Shutter and killed [G]Someguy 12 times on the 171st server. Extra notes: did it by guns in an f-8p at low alt vs an HQP harrier.

and if you think you're qualified to help me, bomb, dooms to administrate the combat logging system shoot me a pm I'll add you as necessary.

That's about it. Get in the fight.
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

[box1]
FAQ
  • Do kills toward other players that are not currently registered on combat list count towards my kill points?
    -At the moment, yes. When we think we have enough players on both team, we will remove this exception and notify the players on both teams
    [right].[/right]
  • Do kills on players who are flying non-traditional combat planes (Mechs, deathliners, etc.) count towards my kill points?
    -Yes, as long as they can shoot something at you.
    [right].[/right]
  • Is playing on the ww3 server considered Organized Combat?
    -Yes, as long there are more than 6 players on the server and there is continuous fighting. If it is just you on the server and you are bombing enemy base, it will then be considered as Strike Mission.
    [right].[/right]
  • If I trained with someone on my team for an hour, do we each get one point towards our "Training based on CIC"
    -Yes, you will earned a combined of 2 points towards your team's overall "Training based on CIC".
[/box1]
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
skyller2s
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Rafale

Post by skyller2s »

I request to join my 171st squadmates on team blue to assist on CAP patrol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice »

Me and my squadron will be on the Gold team.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

Done.
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

Let's get it on.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

Claiming first kill.

Yesterday, I flew as [G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine and killed Pablo once. Extra: done in a VT-171 F/A-18E, fully loaded (8 mids and 6 agile-short) and did it with gun against a hellenic GAC F-16.

A couple of questions though, can I claim kills of people that are not in this system and do killing with a mecha counts?
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

For the time being, kills against people not in system are fine. Just tell them to get in on it though :)

Mecha kills are not really what we're looking for, but again, for the time being we will encourage any and all combat. People need to get aggressive again.
Doomsday
Staff
Staff

Post by Doomsday »

Might as well put my own kills up. Played for a couple hours today on the ww3 server and got a bunch of kills.

[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed [379TFBS][XO]Nodoka (2 times)
[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed blue01 (5 times)
[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed Chiang (1 time)
[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed Scarecrow (1 time)
[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed Habo (2 times)
[VFA-131]Doomsday and killed (SSAS)Ace Lord (2 times)

Total of 13 kills. Most of these kills are from my gun, but the were several times when I thought I got a kill, but nothing showed up on the kill feed. So I can assume that the server lagged a bit and was unable to register the kill or the enemy player over g'd. So it was only fair to count the kills that where registered on the kill list.

edit: forgot to mentioned that playing on the ww3 server is counted towards organized combat if there is more than 3 players, it is considered organized combat. I didn't keep track how long it was, but it was easily over 2 hours.

Team Awesome# 131
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

Then if mecha kills are valid for now, here goes the second of two I did that day.

[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed Pablo once, with a mecha from the BNI pack, a Genspest IV, Tmtmac16's paint.

And some more from tonight, Erict's server, all with HQP Su-35S Super Flanker.

[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed lazy three times, with AIM120 and AIM9X
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed eight times (241st CO)USCGHelo1 with guns and AIM9X.
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed twice [241st]MPP with AIM9X.
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed twice 69Q with AIM9X
Bombcat
Staff
Staff

Post by Bombcat »

[CAG171]Bombcat killed Rise and Shine 1 time, with guns. He was in the HQP Su-35, I was in the HQP F/A-18E.
Throw in about an hour of training with Shutter - Deathliners and Hellcats and stuff.
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm »

We will get murdered :shock:
Doomsday
Staff
Staff

Post by Doomsday »

Updated the score sheet. Also, a little hint, you will have better percentage if you spread your points evenly. A team with little points in each section will beat a team that has over 9000 kills, but no points in the other sections.

Team Awesome# 131
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em

Post by Seagull »

Mhh okay. As far as i know im still in CVW-171 (Not very active though) so im in blue.
I try to get some kills today

-----------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------
ww3.dip.jp
IFF: 1 and later 4

Seagull killed soviet7011 3 times with gun.(Plane used: DE_EF-2000. Planes used by enemy: IN_Su-30MKI, RU_Mig-35, ID_F-16A)
Seagull killed nameless601 1 time with gun. (Plane used: DE_EF-2000. Plane used by enemy: BY_Mig-29BM)
Seagull killed THE_GTR 3 times with gun. (Plane used: IN_SU-30MKI. Planes used by enemy: US_F/A-18F, US_F-22A, JP_F-2A)
Seagull killed F-14 1 time with gun. (Plane used: IN_SU-30MKI. Planes used by enemy: GR_Mirage2000EG)
Seagull killed Rise and Shine 5 times with gun. (Plane used: IN_SU-30MKI. Planes used by enemy: US_F-22A, US_F/A-18F)
Seagull killed nameless028 2 times with gun and aim120. (Planes used: IN_SU-30MKI. Planes used by enemy: US_F-15E)

Total: 15 kills

Rise and me had some epic head on double kills :D
Last edited by Seagull on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

Yup. That was epic. Claiming my part:

[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed Seagull four times with guns and F/A-18E, A-10 and F-22
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed seven ground targets with AGM and guns.

And I need more peeps to get on the fight. I can't do anything alone against 3-4 pilots, 2 of which are quite some veterans.
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm »

Server: ww3.dip.jp
Player name: [G][57th CD]bernholm

IFF:0/1

[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_F/A-18E_SUPERHORNET) killed nameless707 (CN_TYPE054A) using 8 AIM-120.
[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_OHIO_CLASS) killed Ulvanosk (IFF4 carrier ground object) using 2 B500.
[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_F-22_RAPTOR) killed blue01.ts3 (RU_SU-37_SUPERFLANKER) using 2 AIM9.
[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_F-22_RAPTOR) killed nameless105 (KP_MIG-29SE_FULCRUM) using 1 AIM9 and 1 AIM120.
[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_M1A1_HA_ABRAMS) killed 35 ground targets (Close Air Support tanks) using GUN (which is turned into RKT on WW3 server).
[G][57th CD]bernholm (US_M1A1_HA_ABRAMS) killed blue01.ts3 (RU_SU-37_SUPERFLANKER) using gunner.

Other notes:
The M1A1 went into a ground battle with the CAS tanks. I held them off until someone bombed the landing ships. In retaliation blue01 started bombing me. My gunner shot him down.

As for Nameless707, he was in a ship and weakened by IFF0/1 ships. I went for the jugular and scored the kill shot.
Last edited by bernholm on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em

Post by Seagull »

Alright.

ww3.dip.jp
IFF: 1
Planes used: US_F-15E, DE_EF-2000, FR_RafaleB, DE_TornadoECR.
Planes used by enemys: RU_TU-95, RU_SU-37, ID_SU-30MKI, Mig-23, Mig-17.
Seagull killed [G][57th CARGO]GimiGlider 6 times with GUN.
Seagull killed Kass 1 time with GUN.
Seagull killed [G]57th CD]Bernholm 4 times with GUN.
Seagull killed Hekkonen 3 times with GUN.
Seagull killed Blue01. 4 times with GUN.

Seagull killed 4 SAM Stations with GUN and AGM (1 with GUN rest with AGM).

Total: 18 A2A Kills, 4 A2G Kills.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

Here's a fresh batch from today, been fighting with some guys on Erict's.

[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed RedBullAirforce seven times with AIM9X and GUN.
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed Seagull twice with AIM9X.
[G][57th CO EWD]Rise and Shine killed seven times [VFA-82]Jaidro with AIM9X and GUN.
Total of 16 kills.

I want to say a couple of things about my engagement with Jaidro, he killed me with a Mustang and with a Panther, because he saw that I was quite a noob and wanted to see how noob I was. He got on those vehicles and... well, he killed me. In a helo. Have in account that I was playing with a mouse, but I should really df more often.
Bombcat
Staff
Staff

Post by Bombcat »

[CAG171]Bombcat killed USAF, let's call it 16 confirmed, Stock F/A-18E vs. Stock F/A-18E, all guns.
[CAG171]Bombcat killed FKM 11 times, confirmed, all guns. I was in the Stock Super bug, and then the MiG-21. He was in TF-58's CF-18, and then a GACrp F-8.
[CAG171]Bombcat killed Ironside 4 times, confirmed, all guns. I was in the Stock Super Bug, and the MiG-21, he was in the Stock Viggen, and the stock B-29.

The affair was something of a furball. EZ and a few others were friendly. FKM was pretty cool about the whole thing. YS scored me killed 5 times, all missiles, 1 was friendly fire - there were quite a lot of missiles flying. My main configuration was 45% internal fuel, and two flare pods on the stock F-18E.

I also claim 1 hour combat air patrol for this mission.
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.