YSFlight Intercept Guide for Server Flying

KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

YSFlight Intercept Guide for Server Flying

Post by KM6BZH »

Here's an intercepting procedure that I usually do when I intercept any aircraft. This procedure combines the USAF intercept procedure and the JASDF procedure.

Step 1 : Communicate with the intercepted aircraft. Tell them that they are intercepted
Step 2 : Approach the aircraft from lower left wing. Note any movement they make.
Step 3 : Rock your winds and see if the intercepted aircraft responds. If they do, then lead them to a nearest airport.
Step 4 : Cross the path of the intercepted aircraft, deploying flares. (Usually left to right of intercepted aircraft)
Step 5 : If the intercepted aircraft does not change its direction, shoot several warning shots off to the left of the aircraft. (not at the aircraft, but slightly left so the pilot can see it)
Step 6 : Shoot down the aircraft if you must. Try to use the gun, so if you are attacked by other aircraft, you can fight with missiles.

CAUTION!!!!!
On servers, you should not shoot down any civilian aircraft without the pilot's permission. The picture is demoing this OFFLINE on a civilian aircraft, because any military aircraft would just kill me.
Attachments
STEP 6
STEP 6
STEP 4
STEP 4
STEP 1
STEP 1
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Re: YSFlight Intercept Guide for Server Flying

Post by u2fly »

Mostly correct, but some servers has own rules for such things. Some other servers created specially for games where "everything is possible", including allowing for shoot everything that move in the sky.
KM6BZH wrote:Step 5 : If the intercepted aircraft does not change its direction, shoot several warning shots off to the left of the aircraft. (not at the aircraft, but slightly left so the pilot can see it)
Remember me this moments from Matrix.
While default bullets could be really visible, some custom bullets could be invisible for other pilots, if in Ctrl-menu it's "W: Weapon Graphics Quality (Now: NORMAL)", and your aircraft has such variable in the DAT-file:

Code: Select all

WPNSHAPE GUN FLYING misc/null.srf
Then, if invisible bullets are planned to use, other user should set "W: Weapon Graphics Quality (Now: FAST)" in Ctrl-menu.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: R-9A Arrowhead - F-16C Rainbow Falcon

Re: YSFlight Intercept Guide for Server Flying

Post by m88youngling »

Interesting thing that I will be sharing with SARF in the next few days, as well as the little tid bit about custom bullets :D Thank you for sharing
SARF Executive Officer (2IC)
[email protected]