For those who followed the blog, I had started to work on a go-trough-polygon-check library for air races.
Last week-end I tested it with my latest YS client which is still in development and got positive results.
Today, I decided to open Midohio with Scnedit and to take a few coordinates of the track to make a checkpoints list.
You can test it now !
Required pack: BNI
A lot of objects were removed from the map to cut down the lags, sorry Vandal.
How to play
1) Pick up a car (or a light aircraft which can fly easily below 2 feet)
2) Join, and start whenever you want, a stopwatch will be triggered when you'll go trough the first checkpoint
3) Try to stay alive driving
4) At the end of the first lap, a message will tell "userX finnished the race in xx" It's your time in the YS time unit, which precision seems to vary . Sometimes you get the time in seconds, sometimes the time in seconds multiplied by 4, sometimes multiplied by 8... I will implement my own timer next time.
5) Escape and rejoin to make a new race, else nothing will happen
Since I removed the fences between the pits and the track, take care to stay on the right in the final!
Sorry, there is no prize for the best time.
If you miss a checkpoint, your time won't appear.