Ok so for those wishing to join the ATC session tomorrow (August 5, 2018), just a few guidelines:
- Spawn at a ground-based start position. This can be a taxiway or runway hold short position also if you wish, but a gate position is highly recommended. However, air-based start positions will NOT be accepted, and you will be requested to re-spawn at a ground start position. You can also not spawn directly on a runway.
- When you spawn, give ATC some brief information. This includes your callsign, which airport you're at and what your intended destination is. Also specify at what cruising altitude you wish to fly. Remember, westbound = even altitudes; eastbound = odd altitudes.
--> Example: "Cashville Center, Global 2531 at Cashville Airport, Gate A14, requesting clearance to Serosa Airport. We'd like flight level three-two-zero." Simple, right?
- Cashville Center will be controlling all movements at all airports. We'll use one of the voice communication channels in Discord, most likely Flight Comms 1. In-game F12 chat will also be available.
- ATC will only handle inbound flights within 50 miles of each airport, so if you are arriving at any airport, please contact Cashville Center when you are 50-55 miles from your destination airport.
- Please remember to start your descent at your own discretion. So if you need to start descent 70 miles from the airport you're landing at, do it. When you contact ATC, just let ATC know what altitude you're at and that you're descending.
--> Example: "Cashville Center, Global 2531, 50 miles out from Serosa Airport, out of flight level one-five-zero descending." ATC will take over from there. Pretty simple.
- ATC will let you resume own navigation once on departure.
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!