Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Active Airport ATC Session | London Heathrow, U.K | Dec. 4, 2021

Post by Turbofan »

Active Airport ATC Session | London Heathrow International
Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021
1700 UTC | 9:00 a.m. PST | 11:00 a.m. CST | 5:00 p.m. BST | 2:00 a.m. KST
Map: United Kingdom

Hey folks,

It's been a while since we've had one of these, thought we'd go for one more before the year's out. This is an active-airport ATC session, In case you are not familiar with how this works, basically, ATC is provided only at, and upto 50 miles from a designated airport. In this case, it will be London Heathrow International in the United Kingdom map by Dan and Dave.

U.K. Map Overview

Download here

Server: crabserver.ddns.net; will be available beginning one hour before the event starts; a big thank you to Dan for providing this server.

Guidelines:

- London Control will handle all airspace around Heathrow International (LHR/EGLL) up to 50 miles out from the LHR/EGLL VOR. If you are departing, I will let you resume your own navigation immediately after departure (unless there is conflicting traffic). If you are inbound to LHR, please advise me 50 miles out from the LHR VOR.

- If you are inbound from another airport, you will need to manage your descent. DO NOT start your descent 50 miles out if you know you will need to start it further away than that. Just contact me when you're 50 miles from the LHR VOR. Failure to manage your own descent will probably/likely result in you receiving strange headings and S-turns ;).

--> e.g. "London Control, Abel 100 inbound descending out of flight level one-five zero." I will take over from there.

- If you are starting a flight from LHR, please tell me your callsign, your intended destination and requested cruise altitude.

--> e.g. "London Control, NatCom 445 requesting clearance to <insert destination airport here>, flight level two-seven-zero."

- Note that the ATC-controlled airport is LHR/EGLL only. I will not be handling ATC requests for other airports in the map.

- Remember, east-bound flights (headings between 0/360 clock-wise through 179 degrees) have an odd cruising altitude (FL 110, FL 230, FL 270 etc). West-bound flights (headings between 180 clock-wise through 359 degrees) will have an even cruising altitude. If the whole headings/altitude subject confuses you, don't worry about it, ATC will assign you a cruising altitude.

- ATC communications will be carried out through the Discord ATC Channel as well as F12 in-game chat. However, do note that ATC responses might come slower through F12 chat, especially if there are a lot more players than expected. Just have a little patience ;) (If you can, connecting to Discord chat and using F12 in-game chat to text me is highly encouraged if you do not have a working microphone).

That's about it folks, hope to see you there! :)
Last edited by Turbofan on Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mustang
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon(Block30)

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | London Heathrow, U.K | Dec. 3, 2021

Post by Mustang »

can there be multiple Atc's for different airports?
VCAP Aerobatics Staff (2023-)
YSACC F-15C Eagle Demo Team(2023-)
YSFlight F-14 Tomcat Demo Team (2023-)
2UCW Mambas Trainee(2021-)
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

yooyop004 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 am can there be multiple Atc's for different airports?
We used to have multiple controllers for multiple airports back in the day but quickly found out that attendance levels did not match that availability, so to speak ;). To put it another way, lead to a lot of thumb-twiddling. Thus I came up with this one-airport idea, which has worked out much better for both, pilots and the controller alike.

That being said, we could try for a two-airport venture in the future or have both, tower and approach/departure controllers at the active airport.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Looking forward to it!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Updated first post with server information.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | London Heathrow, U.K | Dec. 4, 2021

Post by Turbofan »

Thanks everyone who could make it to the ATC session, it was a nice turnout and lots of fun! Special thanks to Dan for hosting the server, much appreciated! Hope more can make it to the next one! :)
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

99% of all the passengers made it to their destination... RIP S-92 flown by Decaff. Crashing during a spectacular autopilot mishap while landing.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

NatComAir got a bad review from our Very Important Passenger:
George Washington Carver wrote:"My flight this afternoon from Cardiff to London was among the harshest rides in an aircraft I have ever had. The pilot seemed to think my case of all-natural peanut butter was in need of being shaken, when I prefer it to be gently stirred. I was so sickened by the flight that I was unable to give my scheduled presentation at the UK Peanut Growers Convention in the reception hall of the Parliament building, a disappointment to the dozens of British peanut enthusiasts who were waiting for my insight on how to grow peanuts more successfully in the mild, English climate.

As if to add insult to injury, the pilot even claimed that I died before the invention of the airplane. This outrageous claim was outrageously outrageous! I died in Tuskegee in 1943 and clearly remember the airmen who trained there during the war. The slander against me in claiming I died over forty years earlier is quite irritating.

I therefore give this airline a 7 out of 10 stars. The flight was free, after all, and so short I did not require the $600 in-flight meal."