Post by Turbofan »

Active Airport ATC Session | Ocaso International
Saturday, February 9. 2019
9:00 a.m. PDT | 11:00 a.m. CDT | 5:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 a.m. KST | 4:00 a.m. NZST
Map: Central Mediterranean Islands Extended

Ocaso_Penguin_final_07.png

Ocaso_Airport_Guide.png

Greetings peoples of YSFHQ!

It's time for another ATC session, and judging from the response to the first ever "Active Airport" ATC session on December 15th last year, we have decided to host another such event. If you are not familiar with this concept, an "Active Airport" ATC session is one where only the active airport - in this case, Ocaso International, is the ATC controlled airport. The idea is to have a bunch of arrivals and departures at one airport so that both, pilots and the controller can have an interesting session.

Want to join the fun? Just follow the simple guidelines stated below, and be sure you have the map! If you do not, you can download it from the link below.

Download link: Central Mediterranean Islands Extended

Also, please ensure that you have the latest PMNV Ground Object Pack.

Guidelines:
- I will control all airspace around Ocaso International (OCA) up to 50 miles out from the OCA VOR. If you are departing, I will let you resume your own navigation immediately after departure (unless there is conflicting traffic). If you are inbound to OCA, please advise me 50 miles out from the OCA VOR.
- The active runway will be RWY 25. This will allow all aircraft to exit quickly at the 07 end on TWY Alpha (unless of course your aircraft is light enough to allow for exiting on TWYs B or C).
- If you are inbound from another airport, you will need to manage your descent. Do not start your descent 50 miles out if you know you will need to start it further away than that. Just contact me when you're 50 miles from the OCA VOR. Failure to manage your own descent will probably/likely result in you receiving strange headings and S-turns ;).

--> e.g. "Ocaso Tower, Abel 100 at flight level two-one-zero, descending, heading two-zero-five, inbound Ocaso." I will take over from there.

- There are several in-air start positions around OCA. You are allowed (and in fact, encouraged) to start in any of these in-air start positions. Please advise me with your callsign and which position you started from.

--> e.g. "Ocaso tower, Speedbird three-echo-charlie, starting position From Africa, inbound OCA."

If you are starting a flight from OCA, please tell me your callsign, your intended destination, requested cruise altitude and your gate/stand.

--> e.g. "Ocaso tower, NatCom 445 at gate 3, requesting clearance to Linbury, we'd like to cruise at flight level two-seven-zero."

- Since Ocaso International has a very simple layout, we will be using the airport guide document for taxi instructions. I have linked that above (second screen shot).
- Note that the ATC-controlled airport is Ocaso only. I will not be handling ATC requests for other airports in the map.
- Note that OCA does not handle Code F aircraft (748, 388, 777X, An-225 Mriya etc). Also note there is only one runway at OCA and its length is 7,000 feet. Should make for some interesting ops even with a few aircraft, even more so if a bunch of people join!
- Remember, east-bound flights (headings between 0/360 clock-wise through 179 degrees) have an odd cruising altitude (FL 110, FL 230, FL 270 etc). West-bound flights (headings between 180 clock-wise through 359 degrees) will have an even cruising altitude. If the whole headings/altitude subject confuses you, don't worry about it, ATC will assign you a cruising altitude.
- As is already stated, ATC communications will be carried out through the Discord ATC Channel as well as F12 in-game chat. However, do note that ATC responses might come slower through F12 chat, especially if there are a lot more players than expected. Just have a little patience ;) (If you can, connecting to Discord chat and using F12 in-game chat to text me is highly encouraged if you do not have a working microphone).

That's about it folks, hope to see you there! :).
Last edited by Turbofan on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019 | Ocaso Int'l

Post by decaff_42 »

Thanks for the reminder about the super-heavy aircraft!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database