YSFS AIR-20 | Active Airport ATC Session | HNL
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:20 am
Active Airport ATC Session | Honolulu International
Friday, July 12, 2019
0000 UTC | 5:00 p.m. U.S. PDT | 7:00 p.m. U.S. CDT | 1:00 a.m. BDT | 9:00 a.m. KST
**DOWNLOAD LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED BELOW**
Celebrating 20 Years of the YS Flight Simulator
Hey folks, I would like to announce a special Active Airport ATC Session, at the airport where basically all of us have taken flight in the YS Flight Simulator! This is part of the YSFS Anniversary of Initial Release-20 Years, or simply put, YSFS AIR-20 weekend-long celebration from July 12th-July 14th, 2019. Join us for some flying fun with your fellow YS pilots. I will provide ATC service at and upto a certain distance from Honolulu International Airport (HNL; see below). This should be a fun event, especially if you like civilian flight!
In keeping with past ATC events and the simplicity of YS Flight in general, I have a few guidelines that I would like you to be aware of if you participate in this ATC session.
- You can fly from HNL to another airport, or from any other airport in Hawaii to HNL. I will control only the airspace surrounding HNL upto and including 80 miles from the HNL VOR.
- There is no need to file flight plans etc. Just spawn in and start flying!
- If you are departing HNL: Just let me (HNL Tower) know your callsign (airline/flight number), what your destination airport is and at which altitude you would like to cruise. Remember: eastbound flights cruise at odd altitudes, westbound flights cruise at even altitudes. If this is too confusing for you, don't worry, I will assign an altitude for your flight.
- If you are inbound to HNL from another airport: Contact me (HNL Tower) when you are 80 true miles from HNL. I will take over at that point. Remember, this is not to say you should start your descent 80 miles from HNL, rather, start your descent when you need to. Just let me know what your altitude and heading is and that you are already descending.
--> e.g. "HNL Tower, Abel 100 out of flight level two-one-zero, heading two-zero-five, inbound HNL." I will take over from this point.
- There are several in-air start positions over HNL. You are allowed (and in fact, encouraged) to start in any of these in-air start positions. Please advise me with your callsign and which position you started from.
--> e.g. "HNL tower, Delta fourty-three, starting position north one, inbound HNL."
- ATC communication will be carried out through one of the Discord ATC channels (this will be announced later) and also through the in-game F12 chat. However, please note that text communication may be delayed, especially if the turnout is higher than anticipated, which maybe the case for this event .
Finally, a note about the YSFS version to be used: We will be using the stock 2015 version server for this ATC session.
That's about it, hope to see you for this ATC session!