Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Active Airport ATC Session | Friday, July 3, 2020 | Oriente Int'l; Meldis-Beta

Post by Turbofan »

Active Airport ATC Session | Oriente International
Friday, July 3, 2020
0000 UTC | 5:00 p.m. PDT | 7:00 p.m. CDT | 1:00 a.m. BST | 9:00 a.m. KST | 12:00 p.m. NZST
Map: Meldis-Beta

Hey folks,

Time for another ATC session, this time, in everyone's favourite land, Meldis Beta. This will be an active-airport ATC session at Oriente International Airport. In case you are not familiar with how this type of ATC session works, basically, ATC is provided only at, and upto 50 miles from a designated airport. In this case, it will be Oriente International in the Meldis-Beta map.

As an exception this time however, since VOR visibility is limited to a maximum of around 64 miles in this map, ATC vector guidance will be available for en-route flights to/from OET only, upon request.

OET airfield overview:
OET_overview.png
Download here

Guidelines:

- I will control all airspace around Oriente International (OET) up to 50 miles out from the OET VOR. If you are departing, I will let you resume your own navigation immediately after departure (unless there is conflicting traffic). If you are inbound to OET, please advise me 50 miles out from the OET VOR.
- OET has two runways: 03-21, approximately 10,500 ft long and 17-35, approximately 6,500 ft long. Wind conditions will be set on the day of the session and will dictate which runways are in use. This information will be passed on to pilots as an ATIS message and during takeoff/landing clearances.
- If you are inbound from another airport, you will need to manage your descent. DO NOT start your descent 50 miles out if you know you will need to start it further away than that. Just contact me when you're 50 miles from the OET VOR. Failure to manage your own descent will probably/likely result in you receiving strange headings and S-turns ;).

--> e.g. "Oriente Tower, Abel 100 at flight level two-one-zero, descending, heading two-zero-five, inbound Oriente." I will take over from there.

- If you are starting a flight from OET, please tell me your callsign, your intended destination and requested cruise altitude.

--> e.g. "Oriente tower, NatCom 445 requesting clearance to <insert destination airport here>, at flight level two-seven-zero."

- Note that the ATC-controlled airport is Oriente only. I will not be handling ATC requests for other airports in the map. However, since VOR visibility is limited to a maximum of around 64 miles in this map, ATC vector guidance will be available for en-route flights to/from OET only.
- Note that ramp and gate space at OET is a bit limited, so the use of jetway-equipped ramps will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. If jetway-equipped ramps are not available, you will be assigned a hard stand near the terminal on the south side.
- Remember, east-bound flights (headings between 0/360 clock-wise through 179 degrees) have an odd cruising altitude (FL 110, FL 230, FL 270 etc). West-bound flights (headings between 180 clock-wise through 359 degrees) will have an even cruising altitude. If the whole headings/altitude subject confuses you, don't worry about it, ATC will assign you a cruising altitude.
- ATC communications will be carried out through the Discord ATC Channel as well as F12 in-game chat. However, do note that ATC responses might come slower through F12 chat, especially if there are a lot more players than expected. Just have a little patience ;) (If you can, connecting to Discord chat and using F12 in-game chat to text me is highly encouraged if you do not have a working microphone).

Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Turbofan on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | Friday, July 3, 2020 | Oriente Int'l; Meldis-Beta

Post by decaff_42 »

You can plan your routes with this tool!
https://www.sites.google.com/site/ysdec ... ers/meldis?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database