Trademark Offer: Intercontinental Airways (IAVA)

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Trademark Offer: Intercontinental Airways (IAVA)

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Nine years ago, I founded Intercontinental Airways VA, an undertaking that, by late 2011, grew into a sizable operation influential enough to compete with Penguin Airways. However, it proved to be well beyond my capacity at that time, and in spite of the great efforts acf492 made as EXO, a series of terrible management decisions on my part resulted in IAVA entirely flaming out by summer 2012. I made a few attempts to give it the defibrillator treatment, but in the end, this VA wasn't long for the world under my management.

With that said, it doesn't necessarily have to be relegated to being a footnote in civi YS history. That's where this thread comes in.

Today, as a member of 2UCW, I have no interest at the moment in returning to activity as a civi pilot, let alone as manager of a VA (again). However, in the name of trying to still make some sort of contribution, I'm officially putting the Intercontinental Airways brand up for adoption here on HQ. This includes not only the name, but also the existing livery and fleet, tiny (and still inconsistent in quality) though it may be. This way, some civi YS entrepreneurs looking to make their entry into the scene can have a few base assets on which to build a new VA.

Be warned, though: it's unlikely that I'll hand the IAVA brand to just anyone. Knowing from first-hand experience what poor leadership can do to a VA, I want to be sure that any potential takers of this offer are up to the task of running one - check this thread for an idea of how I judge this. If you feel that you fit the bill, then feel free to contact me either here on HQ or on Discord, and we can work out the details.

-HawkbitAlpha/Wedge
Last edited by HawkbitAlpha on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
FreezingFalcon
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18, F-35, TBM 900 es, all Boeing airlinersseri

Re: Trademark Offer: Intercontinental Airways (IAVA)

Post by FreezingFalcon »

[ANNOUNCEMENT]:

Hello everyone,

As of Sunday, November 15th, 2020, the Intercontinental Airways Virtual Airline (IAVA) brand has officially been handed over to Abel Jets Group. IAVA will soon become a subsidiary airline within Abel Jets Group that will operate as both long-range feeder airline to destinations that Abel Jets Group’s current fleet do not operate to and also as a backup to the main Abel Jets Group (MCC, Holi-Abel-Day!, and Abel Pixel) fleet. We are honored to be able to carry on the colors and spirit of IAVA for hopefully many years to come. We also hope that we would be able to continue the legacy (the good ones) that IAVA has written in the history of civil aviation in YSFlight.

I think that’s all from me for now, thank you for your attention, and we’ll see you in the skies! :)

Progress to Connect