We'll be having the first ATC session of the new year in the CaliforniaPMNV map. This is an active-airport ATC session, In case you are not familiar with how this works, basically, ATC is provided only at, and upto 50 miles from a designated airport. In this case, it will be San Francisco International in the CaliforniaPMNV map.
CaliforniaPMNV Map Overview
- I will control all airspace around San Francisco International (SFO) up to 50 miles out from the SFO VOR. If you are departing, I will let you resume your own navigation immediately after departure (unless there is conflicting traffic). If you are inbound to SFO, please advise me 50 miles out from the SFO VOR.
- For those of you not familiar, SFO has four intersecting runways. That should make for a slightly more "interesting" session, especially if we have several aircraft landing/taking off at the same time.
- If you are inbound from another airport, you will need to manage your descent. DO NOT start your descent 50 miles out if you know you will need to start it further away than that. Just contact me when you're 50 miles from the SFO VOR. Failure to manage your own descent will probably/likely result in you receiving strange headings and S-turns .
--> e.g. "SFO Tower (or just "tower" is fine), Abel 100 inbound descending out of flight level one-five thousand." I will take over from there.
- If you are starting a flight from SFO, please tell me your callsign, your intended destination and requested cruise altitude.
--> e.g. "SFO Tower (or just "tower" is fine), NatCom 445 requesting clearance to <insert destination airport here>, at flight level two-seven-zero."
- Note that the ATC-controlled airport is SFO only. I will not be handling ATC requests for other airports in the map.
- Remember, east-bound flights (headings between 0/360 clock-wise through 179 degrees) have an odd cruising altitude (FL 110, FL 230, FL 270 etc). West-bound flights (headings between 180 clock-wise through 359 degrees) will have an even cruising altitude. If the whole headings/altitude subject confuses you, don't worry about it, ATC will assign you a cruising altitude.
- ATC communications will be carried out through the Discord ATC Channel as well as F12 in-game chat. However, do note that ATC responses might come slower through F12 chat, especially if there are a lot more players than expected. Just have a little patience (If you can, connecting to Discord chat and using F12 in-game chat to text me is highly encouraged if you do not have a working microphone).
That's about it folks, hope to see you there!