Standardisation

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Re: Standardisation

Post by halberdier25 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 pm

No one is trying to standardize everything. It makes a lot of sense to keep some commonality across servers. I don't know what your beef is with it.

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Phoenix look at it this way.When a international airline pilot flys to say Madrid that pilot can expect a standard of ATC that he or she can also expect in Boston or Moscow well maybe not Moscow but just about any international airport in the world.Because there have been put in place basic standard to go by so there will not be the confusion that has created chaos in the past.
So in the same vane of thought a pilot flying on Ys can expect the same rules and Regs.on any server they fly on that is YSFHQ based.We basically do that now this would just formalize it as a minimum standard of protocol.

acf492
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by acf492 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 am

Naturally, people will choose to follow a standard or not. If you don't want to follow something, then don't.

You see those three fighters hovering over Honolulu? One crashes into hangar #23(without clearance) while the second shoots the other guy. They keep spawning over and over on 08R and you KNOW they're not going to submit for takeoff clearance each time. They are enjoying the game in a certain way. There is no need to stop them having fun by demanding they do things 'standardly' but that doesn't mean we need to scrap ATC standards either. VAs still cooperate.

As for maps, well there are advantages and disadvantages. Addon maps are a way to keep out some trolls/vulchers - with their default install, they will be kicked from the server. That said, it also can prevent innocent people from joining in.

Personally, if the 'standard' enhances game play for me, then I use it. If it doesn't, then I won't. I have gotten along very well that way.
I'm back.

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by halberdier25 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Stop talking. You don't understand what is being discussed.