Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Active Airport ATC Session | Saturday, December15 | Honolulu Int'l

Post by Turbofan »

Active Airport ATC Session
Saturday, December 15, 2018
8:00 a.m. PDT | 10:00 a.m. CDT | 4:00 p.m. BST | 12:00 a.m. KST | 3:00 a.m. NZST
Map: Hawaii[PMNV]-2014

Download link: Download Hawaii[PMNV]-2014

Also, please ensure that you have the latest PMNV Ground Object Pack (Patrick has updated it several times, the latest update being last year).

Hawaii[PMNV]-2014 Map Overview, showing all airports.

Hey folks,

It's that time once again! We'll be having another ATC session, this time however, with a twist. We are trialling an "Active Airport" ATC Session. Exactly what does this mean? Simply put, ATC will be active at only one airport. In this case, it will be Honolulu International (HNL) in Neocon's Hawaii map.

I thought it might be interesting (for both pilots and controller(s)) to have planes landing and taking off at one airport. The idea behind this is to create traffic at one airport where pilots are departing or arriving. I will handle not only departures and arrivals, but ground operations as well. As an added bonus, I am also allowing pilots to start in air-start positions (read below). If a bunch of players join like last time, this will get interesting very quickly! Note that we are doing this on a trial basis, if you do not like this for whatever reason, the next ATC session will go back to the normal way of doing things.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are some guidelines for pilots who wish to join the Active Airport ATC Session:

- You may start at any airport you wish in the Hawaii[PMNV]-2014 map.
- HNL will be the active airport (controlled). HNL communications will take place inside a 60 miles radius of the HNL VOR (so I will handle all communication within and upto 60 miles of HNL).
- If you start your flight at any airport other than HNL, use the F12 in-game chat to state your position/intentions to other pilots. If you are inbound to HNL, please contact me when you are 60 miles out from HNL and I will handle your flight. Note: do not start your descent 60 miles out unless you are comfortable doing that; if you are at a high altitude and need to start descent before 60 miles from HNL, you can do so at your discretion, just let me know what altitude you are descending from.
E.g. (60 miles from HNL VOR): "Honolulu Center, Abel 620 out of flight level two-two-zero, heading two-six-zero."

- If you start your flight from HNL, please let me know your callsign, aircraft type, intended destination and requested cruising altitude when you spawn at the gate/parking position
E.g.: "Honolulu Center, Abel Jets 620, type Airbus 320, requesting clearance to Hilo at flight level two-five-zero."

- If you start from an air-start position, just let me know your callsign and which position you started from, I will take over at that point.
E.g.: "Honolulu Center, Fedex 300 heavy, starting position North 001, requesting clearance to land at HNL."

- Remember, east-bound flights (headings between 0/360 clock-wise through 179 degrees) have an odd cruising altitude (FL 110, FL 230, FL 270 etc). West-bound flights (headings between 180 clock-wise through 359 degrees) will have an even cruising altitude. If the whole headings/altitude subject confuses you, don't worry about it, ATC will assign you a cruising altitude.
- As is already stated, ATC comunications will be carried out through the Discord ATC Channel as well as F12 in-game chat. However, do note that ATC responses might come slower through F12 chat, especially if there are a lot more players than expected. Just have a little patience ;) (If you can, connecting to Discord chat and using F12 in-game chat to text me is highly encouraged if you do not have a working micophone).

Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Turbofan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | Saturday, December 8 | Honolulu Int'l

Post by Turbofan »

Hey all,

So that anyone who wishes to attend this ATC session also wants to see the livestream performance of the VBSJT this Saturday, we are postponing this ATC session by one week to next Saturday, the 15th of December. The time of the ATC session will remain the same.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Re: Active Airport ATC Session | Saturday, December15 | Honolulu Int'l

Post by Turbofan »

Just a quick reminder that we have an "Active Airport" ATC session this Saturday!