As many of you may know, the staff here at YSFlight Headquarters are working on re-vamping up our sub-categories for the forum. One of these, of course, is our favorite (well, at least mine), the aerobatic section. Typically these discussions, lead by each section community leader, are under lock and key in the HQ staff only forum. However, I wanted to post mine publicly, because I would like to hear what you have to say and what any recommendations you have for the present and future of aerobatic, display, and formation flying in the YSFlight community. I feel it is very important to obtain ideas from you all because we can all work together to make YS an enjoyable and thriving non-tangible object to be associated with.
So, I challenge you to post your ideas on what we can do to make the aero section more better. If you have already noticed, we've got a new layout in the aero section that will hopefully ease some confusion and help navigating a bit easier. Currently, the format is as follows:
- Aerial Events
- Training Support
- Display Teams
The actual "YSFlight Aerobatics" forum will be used primarily for general discussion of aerobatics, any questions, comments, and such.
The "Training Support" forum will feature tutorials, tips, etc. in regards to aerobatic flying and formation flying for those whom wish to hone their skills.
And last, the "Display Teams" will be for any teams who wish to post anything in regards to them, such as an intro thread, updated news, or recruiting.
Here are some key items I would like to hit on as we move onto 2013.
- More aerial events, which are properly executed and are successful*
- A push for online formation display teams be created. Abolish most "replays" from aerial events to promote this
- Training information to be posted on different stages of aerobatic (beginner, intermediate, advanced) to help teach aerobatic flying
- Seminars and/or training information for formation flying
- More aircraft being modded or repainted for aerobatic use