Centralized Airshow Signup

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Centralized Airshow Signup

Post by Eric » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm

So I was wondering, with all the virtual airshows popping up these days, would organizers like a better method of keeping airshow acts in check? For example, a feature on YSFHQ.com where organizers can create a new airshow, add event details, and allow pilots to sign up as performers (w/ their act info). The forum component would be used to discuss the actual airshow (e.g. hosting, location, etc), rather than have people clutter it up with signup details.

Thoughts on something like this? I'm not planning to implement it anytime soon, but I just want to gauge interest.
I make this website.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Re: Centralized Airshow Signup

Post by VNAF ONE » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I mean in my opinion, the forum is the nicest place to have signup and everything so that pilots can update things and all. Also, some organizers like to do things differently such as re posting a sign up format with information filled in or completing a form. I can keep up with performers best that way and when something comes up, they can cancel by making a post that they can't attend. That's what will happen in the long run anyways with some acts.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:16 pm

I also prefer to have it on the forum itself.

To reduce clutter, perhaps make two threads? Signup/discussion?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Most of us who do this on a normal basis have been using a Google Doc sign up form. It is quick, easy, has good customization, and the organizer has complete control. Those entries are forwarded to a speadsheet where then myself or an organizer can obtain the information and customize it for my own notes, etc. The air show schedule itself an entirely new spreadsheet that does not include various info on narration requirements, music etc.

Keeping air shows "in check" has never been a problem for me. I am unsure of anyone elses operations.

Sticking with the way we've done it the past year or so would be the most applicable idea, in my opinion.

Thanks,
SC

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:00 am

Fair enough. The people have spoken - it shall stay the same.
I make this website.