[COMING SOON] The RS Blood Scythe

VintiXgoIV
Banned
Banned
Favorite Aircraft: Su-25

Post by VintiXgoIV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Backstory
The Red Saints' previous representative aircraft, the F-2B Blood Viper, has now been retired from its role. However, do not be quick to jump to saying it was a waste of effort - it is being reassigned in a future aerobatics team. Further details on that are classified as of this point.

However, in the period of choosing from multiple pilots to fly its solo demo, RS's aerobatics management gave up on it, and assigned it to the team in question. The Blood Scythe was created in the void left by the Viper's decommissioning.

Named for the PlanetSide 2 fighter, the Blood Scythe takes a different direction than the original Viper. Whereas the Viper's demo was more aggressive and in-your-face, the Scythe's approach is considerably more subtle, both in its routine and backing soundtrack.

The pilot
SantiXgoIV (aka Captain Heyerdahl), while not very well known directly to the public face of YSFlight, has been perfecting his piloting in private since times dating back to late 2006. Under the guidance of two master aerobatics pilots - PhoenixonLeon and Headhunter - the skill of many pilots within the Red Saints, SantiX included, has gone to an all-time high.

As the executive commander of the Red Saints (and its partner group, Task Force 51), SantiX is the only member of the entire team to venture into the public side of YSFlight. While everybody else is in hiding on an unmarked server within YSFlight, SantiX is out to prove that there is nothing to prove.

The aircraft
Continuing the line of the legendary Su-47 Berkut within Task Force 51, both the routine and aircraft design of the Blood Scythe carry on the legacy of the now-defunct Firestorm Demo Team. Painted in an all-gray/red color scheme by team model-maker M.R.171, the Blood Scythe flies in the colors of the Red Saints, with its dual-wingtip smoke generators leaving a trail of fire in its path.

"My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born."
-Anton Szandor LaVey

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:49 pm

That was a pretty entertaining back story actually :).

Why would you not fly on a public server though?

VintiXgoIV
Banned
Banned

Post by VintiXgoIV » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:06 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:Why would you not fly on a public server though?
By the time active public servers caught my eye, the controversy between TF51 and YSFHQ had already begun. Until recently, I wasn't comfortable with setting foot on here because of that.

"My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born."
-Anton Szandor LaVey

Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Post by Stingx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:15 am

VintiXgoIV wrote:[post]83057[/post] Headhunter
That name tho. Rings a bell..

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:17 am

VintiXgoIV wrote:
By the time active public servers caught my eye, the controversy between TF51 and YSFHQ had already begun. Until recently, I wasn't comfortable with setting foot on here because of that.
Server's aren't owned by HQ though... Either way, feel free to fly on them.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:23 am

VintiXgoIV wrote:
What did that have to do with servers? The HQ has never had an official server. :|
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

VintiXgoIV
Banned
Banned

Post by VintiXgoIV » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 am

VNAF ONE wrote:
VintiXgoIV wrote:
What did that have to do with servers? The HQ has never had an official server. :|
I know, I know. I was just afraid people would be coming after me due to my team involvement.
Stingx wrote:
VintiXgoIV wrote:[post]83057[/post] Headhunter
That name tho. Rings a bell..
This is a different Headhunter I'm talking about.

-Anton Szandor LaVey

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:29 am

All cool, best of luck and see you in the skies :)

NeurAxaL
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Avro Vulcan B.Mk.2

Post by NeurAxaL » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm

loving the back story.
its a nice touch.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:49 am

Will we be seeing this at Indy?
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

VintiXgoIV
Banned
Banned

Post by VintiXgoIV » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:56 am

VNAF ONE wrote:Will we be seeing this at Indy?
If it was on the weekend before or after the one scheduled, that would be something I could do. Sadly, that isn't the case, so whether or not I'm going to make it to that show is quite questionable.

-Anton Szandor LaVey

VintiXgoIV
Banned
Banned

Post by VintiXgoIV » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 am

Well, I just had a change in schedule. I should be able to make it, but that's not certain as of yet.

-Anton Szandor LaVey