YS Air Shows Mentorship Program

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

YS Air Shows Mentorship Program

Post by VNAF ONE »

I want to get a general idea of how the community feels about this. I know there's a lot of doubt about running an air show and there is a lot to think about, but how do you really know without getting your feet wet? Besides the 3 or 4 people still generally around here who have the experience of running a show at least once, I bet you have no idea what it's really like until you do it. Of course AirFest is a wild example and really more advanced than you should expect of yourself.

What I'm thinking of is running a small program starting when AirFest is announced. Please, don't jump on the gun and go nuts about it now, I still need to finish school first and really need less distraction. I just want to know what the feel of such a thing is. Who would be interested? What would you expect to learn? What do you expect to take away from the program (approx. 1 month long)?

Feel free to discuss.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Doggeh1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Vulcan

Re: YS Air Shows Mentorship Program

Post by Doggeh1 »

I would certainly be interested. I would like to know more about commentary, server setup and how to select a map, make it suitable for an airshow. Nice idea.
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

I'd be highly interested.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

+1. I would definetely be interested since I plan to run a small show later this summer. :)

I look forward to learning more about how the hosting is performed (server & announcer wise) so that I run into less problems than predicted.