YSFlight Videos

Screenshots, videos, replays, & more
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

YSFlight Videos

Post by Midnight Rambler » Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:Thanks for the short of the black dragon - I love seeing others enjoy my work.

The camera angles were fantastic mate - how'd you do it?
Angles and music worked perfectly didn't they?

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

YSFlight Videos

Post by decaff_42 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Great video work!!

I think if you cropped out the upper parts it would look more like white wolf but dang was that awesome!!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

YSFlight Videos

Post by Gunny » Fri May 01, 2015 3:26 pm

The best camera & music magic I have seen in a vary long time Iqmal never mind it was your first looks like a pro.And a great x section of Ys.You did yourself proud young man :D
Image[/align=centre]

Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

YSFlight Videos

Post by Stingx » Fri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Wow. A modern promo with attractive framerate.
Stunning work Iqmal. All the scenes were just right. I got some of the references too. ;)

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

YSFlight Videos

Post by Copperhead » Fri May 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Iqmal, you've managed to make YS not look like YS. Fantasmistical work! Also... <YF-23 <MiG 1.44

*Pretends to commission video too* I was asleep gosh darnit... Blasted timezones...

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

YSFlight Videos

Post by decaff_42 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 pm

How long did it take you to record/edit and make the video?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

YSFlight Videos

Post by Flake » Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 am

F-F-F-F-F-F-FEATURED VIDEO!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

YSFlight Videos

Post by iqmal_97 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:36 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:
OfficerFlake wrote:Thanks for the short of the black dragon - I love seeing others enjoy my work.

The camera angles were fantastic mate - how'd you do it?
Angles and music worked perfectly didn't they?
@Flake It's the least I could do. There were a few clips that features more "exotic" camera angles (thanks to your F1 cameras :lol:) but they didn't quite showcase the Hornet doing a High-Alpha as much as it should. As I've said, the community aspect of YS has been a huge part of the whole experience and I wanted to show that through the video.

That'd require a quite lengthy explanation, I think. But the short answer for the smooth shots is by using a CAMARA plane and manipulate it's F7 camera angle. Pressing the F7 key while moving the mouse will change its angle. Pressing the F7 key while clicking either the RMB or LMB allows you to adjust the "zoom" level and rotation of aforementioned camera angle.

@Midnight Rambler You could thank the super easy trimming method in Movie Maker for that. To be honest, most of the time I didn't even know if "this particular clip" would sync with the music. So, I took many many shots of 11-29 second clips during each session. Changing what I though needs to be changed and through adjustments in the trimming tool, sync it with the beat. And the "if it looks/feels right, it is" principle played a major role too. Also, you can blame Yoko Kanno for producing a very "beat-y" music piece.
decaff_42 wrote:I think if you cropped out the upper parts it would look more like white wolf but dang was that awesome!!
Haha. I credit him for being one of my major inspirations of "flight-sim movie making". I follow quite a few on YouTube. I should mention all of them one day. With the right tools and the right sim, they've produce stunning work. And thanks!
Gunny wrote:The best camera & music magic I have seen in a vary long time Iqmal never mind it was your first looks like a pro.And a great x section of Ys.You did yourself proud young man :D

The compliment means a lot, Gunny. I hope I'll be able to dish out more "magic" before this thing called "life" becomes too big of a deal.
Stingx wrote:Wow. A modern promo with attractive framerate.
Stunning work Iqmal. All the scenes were just right. I got some of the references too. ;)
Hehe. Thanks to my lappy and its recently upgraded RAM capacity. Or else I don't think I'd be able to attain a steady 30 FPS on Flash's HD Vulcan with Fraps and Steam running in the background. Glad you're able to.
Copperhead wrote:Iqmal, you've managed to make YS not look like YS. Fantasmistical work! Also... <YF-23 <MiG 1.44

*Pretends to commission video too* I was asleep gosh darnit... Blasted timezones...
It's actually YS with different camera angles as a disguise. Aside from a few post-recording panning shots using the Movie Maker, all you're seeing is achieved using the tools provided in YS itself. And a little footnote on the YF-23. I worried that it'd not be able to keep up with the CAMARA plane. Boy, was I proven wrong. Yeah, timezones can be a pain.
decaff_42 wrote:How long did it take you to record/edit and make the video?
For recording, it heavily depends on how long for
a) completing the whole section of flying you intend to record, then adding the CAMARA plane into the replay (because I use it a lot). It varies from as short as 2 minutes to as long as an hour! (the Il-76 scene was the longest. Worth it for the star shots though)
b) actually recording the piece you wanted. It'd take longer if you wanted to shoot multiple angles of the same scene, of course. And not to mention setting up everything to get the camera angles right in the first place. Because the free version of Fraps has a 30 second time limit for recording a video, it varies from 5 seconds to 29 seconds.

Editing the video in Live was quite significantly shorter and easier than I presumed. It was just a matter of picking you already recorded vids and trimming it slightly so that syncs with the beat. I think it's worth noting that I hadn't planned what I should record from the start of day 1. Most of it comes from a "hey, that'd make a great shot" moment. The only "planning" I did was labelling the whole music piece into parts so that I won't lose track when the track changes "moods". Again, I'm mostly just winging it (pun intended, sorry) as I add clips to the video.

Looking back, this video should've been completed a lot sooner if it wasn't for some real world problems (like getting my driving license, attending an interview in the far north, my sis's wedding). If I was to crunch in the amount of time I've invested in this (from "planning" to uploading), I'd say about a week tops, with sleep and breaks taken into account. Looking at the only reliable information (which happens to be a Gott Verdamnt Facebook chat log) I started editing the music first on 14th of April and uploaded the finished product yesterday so it took me 17 days. Which, to be honest, is quite quick.

I'm grateful that you guys took the time to take a look at our War Room's little first project. The response have been overwhelming (to me) so far. I've enjoyed recording (well, most of the time) as much as I enjoyed seeing the finished video. And keep asking about anything if you want to.I'm open for questions and feedback.
OfficerFlake wrote:F-F-F-F-F-F-FEATURED VIDEO!
THANKS! Flake-sama!
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

YSFlight Videos

Post by Flake » Sat May 02, 2015 4:51 am

I get the camera plane gig. You flew around near the aircraft with it, then f7'd around it to film. makes sense. Cool beans.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

YSFlight Videos

Post by iqmal_97 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:14 am

Fixed an erratum on the video. While the original version still remains as it is, I uploaded a new updated one, now available in 1080p quality....i think. First time doing so.

Same visuals, just a few credit fixes.
"Credits are where credits due", as they often say.
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM

YSFlight Videos

Post by NajmiCreative » Sun May 03, 2015 6:47 am

looks almost like FS........about the MAS B737-800,you should use it from my MASVA pack which I change the font decal from Decaff's Malaysia Airlines font to the more real and new MAS font plus I also quite hoping the RMAF appear in this video but apparently no and nvm,that's not a big deal for me.....
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]

NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM

YSFlight Videos

Post by NajmiCreative » Sun May 03, 2015 6:50 am

almost forget.....
uses Apowersoft Free Screen Recorder,Wondershare Video Editor(cracked)
quite confused when I split formation those aircrafts one by one.........
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]

ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

YSFlight Videos

Post by ksh » Sun May 03, 2015 7:26 pm

whats the name of the song?

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

YSFlight Videos

Post by iqmal_97 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 am

Sudirman - Warisan

A popular local patriotic song.

ksh
Veteran
Veteran

YSFlight Videos

Post by ksh » Mon May 04, 2015 10:18 pm

thanks! its a awesome song! goes really well with the video! what language is it?

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

YSFlight Videos

Post by iqmal_97 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:20 am

Malay, my good man.

ksh
Veteran
Veteran

YSFlight Videos

Post by ksh » Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 am

Attachments
Alrighty_then.jpg
Alrighty_then.jpg (50.38 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

YSFlight Videos

Post by PilotC » Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Quick Teaser/Preview/Test....Enjoy! (Read Video Description)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXBbYaG ... e=youtu.be

PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

YSFlight Videos

Post by PilotC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQEpM4mG90

Blue Angels Tuscaloosa Regional Airshow: YS Flight

Feel free to leave comments and suggestions for the next show! Enjoy!!!

The Second Maverick
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: B737MAX, B787, Su-57 PAK-FA, F/A-18F Super Hornet

YSFlight Videos

Post by The Second Maverick » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:59 am

My latest YSFlight Movie, Soar High. I hope you'll enjoy it! By the way, do you know how to make videos more HD in Windows Movie Maker?
Best Regards
Visit Abel Jets Virtual Airline's website at : http://www.abeljetsgroup.weebly.com
Visit my model airport's website at :
http://rackenvilleintl.weebly.com/

Visit 4th Aerial Wing "Scorpions"' website at :
http://fourthaerialwingscorpions.weebly.com