- Get your submission code (to be used for all submissions)
- Take a screenshot of something in the items list (quantity column determines how many different screenshots are needed; detail column gives some additional info)
- Upload the screenshot
- Submit using the Google form
- Wait for a reply from a moderator
Submit here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16MziMx ... M/viewform
Pilots, listen up. YSFHQ needs your help. I need your help.
In just over two weeks, summer will officially come to a close (in the northern hemisphere anyway, but that's another story). Winter is quickly approaching. Unfortunately, we have a problem: despite some of the amazing screenshots that have been posted, we still have a blank screenshot page on YSFHQ.com. Additionally, our aircraft and map pages lack screenshots. We need to fix this.
You will be given a list of game items in YSFlight that need a screenshot taken of them. Additionally, you will be given an answer document, where you will post links to the corresponding screenshot.
Once you have your two documents, you can either: (1) take your own high-quality screenshot of the item and submit it, or (2) find an existing screenshot of the item and link to that in your answer.
After you have submitted your answer via the document, it will be given a thumbs up or thumbs down. If you get a thumbs down, you can resubmit unlimited times until you get a thumbs up. The option of skipping your current task and moving on to the next one is also permitted. If you get a thumbs up, move on to the next task.
Not all screenshots will be accepted. Here are the criteria for a passing screenshot:
1. Your item must be the focus of the image. For example, a screenshot for the item "Stock F-16" would have the jet at the center or near the center of the image. A screenshot of the map "HAWAII" could be a top-down view of the map, a shot of it's vast beaches, or a high-altitude view of the main island. A screenshot of an F-16 from Project Falcon would not be acceptable for the "Stock F-16".
2. No image alterations are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: superimposing text, image filters, color editing, clone stamp, etc.
3. All screenshots must be at least 512px by 512px, saved in PNG format.
4. No inappropriate content is allowed, as designated by the Prohibited Material clause of the YSFHQ Terms of Service.
I will be personally moderating screenshot submissions, but plan to have additional staff designated for screenshot moderation. To avoid conflict of interest, moderators are forbidden from approving their own screenshots.
The way points are awarded is relatively simple: An acceptable, thumbs-up screenshot earns you 2 points. An accompanying caption earns an additional 1pt. For every acceptable screenshot submitted before 05:00 GMT, Sept. 22, you get a 2x multiplier. For example, if I submit 5 screenshots before Sept 22nd, and they were all accepted, you would have 5*2*2=20 points (or 5*3*2=30 points with captions). If you submit a screenshot and it receives a thumbs-down, you lose 1 point. Be aware of these scoring rules - they may be altered slightly or amended depending on issues in the field.
Top points overall: Custom rank on the forum, 1 month of advertising space on YSFHQ, owner permissions on Eric's server for a month
Most screenshots submitted: Custom rank on the forum, 1 month of advertising space on YSFHQ, custom repaint (TBA)
2nd place overall: 2 weeks of advertising space on YSFHQ, custom rank on forum
3rd place overall: 1 week of advertising space on YSFHQ
Every user that participates in this scavenger hunt (has to submit at least 1 approved screenshot) will also get 10 additional thanks points on the forum. (See thanks list)
Sept. 13 - Additonal instructions; Scoring documents released
Sept. 13 - Screenshot dropbox made available
Sept. 14 - Item list released, challenge starts
Sept. 22 - Bonus period ends
TBA - Challenge ends (tentative)
TBA - Prizes awarded
I hope you're excited to get started on this challenge. Looking forward to see what everyone can contribute. Have fun!
NOTE: You do not need to sign up to participate. This is a free-for-all competition.