Do-335 Pfeil

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
Digger
Favorite Aircraft: Chengdu J-20, Do-335

Do-335 Pfeil

Post by Digger » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Anyone know which pack has the Do-335 or its variants? I'm unable to find any pack with this plane in it, or was it never been made before?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft ... aft_id=104

ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35/Su-37

Re: Do-335 Pfeil

Post by ForeverYMonster » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm

I've downloaded many packs for YS and I have yet to see this plane in my lifetime, maybe make a request for it in the addon's section or use YSFinder?

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Nope no one has made this push-me pull-you that I could find not even a simple GAC version.Good candidate though.

EDIT: "Delivery commenced in January 1945. When the United States Army overran the Oberpfaffenhofen factory in late April 1945, only 11 Do 335 A-1 single-seat fighter-bombers and two Do 335 A-12 trainers had been completed.

French ace Pierre Clostermann claimed the first Allied combat encounter with a Pfeil in April 1945. In his book The Big Show (pages 273-274) he describes leading a flight of four Hawker Tempests from No. 3 Squadron RAF over northern Germany, when he intercepted a lone Do 335 flying at maximum speed at treetop level. Detecting the British aircraft, the German pilot reversed course to evade. Despite the Tempest's considerable low altitude speed, the RAF fighters were not able to catch up or even get into firing position."

The last paragraph can not be confirmed.But he was there and I am not about to disagree with his account. ;)
Image[/align=centre]

Ace Lord
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Too many to list

Post by Ace Lord » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:40 pm

An interesting choice for a request which I gladly second. I do believe a few prototypes were built, so it would be a great addition to YSF's War 2 collection.

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Post by Copperhead » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Gunny wrote:EDIT: "Delivery commenced in January 1945. When the United States Army overran the Oberpfaffenhofen factory in late April 1945, only 11 Do 335 A-1 single-seat fighter-bombers and two Do 335 A-12 trainers had been completed.

French ace Pierre Clostermann claimed the first Allied combat encounter with a Pfeil in April 1945. In his book The Big Show (pages 273-274) he describes leading a flight of four Hawker Tempests from No. 3 Squadron RAF over northern Germany, when he intercepted a lone Do 335 flying at maximum speed at treetop level. Detecting the British aircraft, the German pilot reversed course to evade. Despite the Tempest's considerable low altitude speed, the RAF fighters were not able to catch up or even get into firing position."

The last paragraph can not be confirmed.But he was there and I am not about to disagree with his account. ;)
That wasn't the only time a Tempest pilot encountered something rare.

"Paperwork issues meant none of the He 162 formations officially became operational,[8] but the He 162 finally saw combat in mid-April. On 19 April, a captured Royal Air Force fighter pilot informed his German interrogators that he had been shot down by a jet fighter matching the description of the He 162. The Heinkel and its pilot were lost as well, shot down by an RAF Hawker Tempest while on approach to land (a point when German jets were at their most vulnerable). Though still in training, I./JG 1 had scored a number of kills beginning in mid-April, but had also lost 13 He 162s and 10 pilots. Ten of the aircraft were operational losses, caused by flameouts and sporadic structural failures. Only two of the 13 aircraft were actually shot down. The He 162's 30-minute fuel capacity also caused problems, as at least two of JG 1's pilots were killed attempting emergency landings after exhausting their fuel."

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:29 am

The Muv-Luv F-4 Phantom was never released, as I think I read a few years ago (before biglobe and other Japanese blogs closing) that it wasn't intended to be released publicly.

Digger
Favorite Aircraft: Chengdu J-20, Do-335

Post by Digger » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:44 am

The Muv-Luv F-4 Phantom was never released, as I think I read a few years ago (before biglobe and other Japanese blogs closing) that it wasn't intended to be released publicly.
Aww, that's too bad. Anyway, I've moved my requests to a new thread.