Bandung scenery

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
SquareWheelFiretruck
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Null

Bandung scenery

Post by SquareWheelFiretruck » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:20 am

yeah is there anyone???
This user account has been replaced by a new account with a new username.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Bandung scenery

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:26 am

Is this a request to make one?
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Bandung scenery

Post by NightRaven » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 am

farrelldaffa wrote:yeah is there anyone???
No.

I'm assuming you're requesting for a map of Bandung on the Indonesian island of Java for the airshow you're hosting next month. Let me tell you why this will not work.

Making maps is a time-consuming activity. You've effectively requested an entire urban area to be mapped, which would be extremely difficult to map out in its entirety. This is because lots of hours have to be put into positioning the ground objects and elevation grids to emulate an urban area. By this fact alone it won't be ready in less than a month. Furthermore, this is not an existing map, so making one from scratch would further delay your airshow. You have only a few options: using a hastily made map that doesn't look too spectacular/isn't complete, switching to another map, pushing back your airshow or cancelling it altogether.

Others have attempted this requesting-of-maps-one-month-before-airshow thing as well (remember MegaKoce?) and they have not succeeded. As with everything, you have to set realistic targets that are achievable within your means. The reason why airshows work is because the hosts have prepared well with what is at hand: if the map exists (for example), they use it; otherwise they make it themselves (and don't use it until they are satisfied with it). Making an entirely new map in 1 month is unrealistic, unless the modder really has no real life commitments (of which I doubt one exists in the community at time of posting). Furthermore, the fact that a deadline exists can put stress on the modder, and this may be reflected in the map-making process.
One-liner requests also tick me off. It's like you expect a modder to be at your beck and call, making mods as if it were their only way of survival.

At least include some data of what you want to be made and be polite. Simply asking "Is there anyone????" isn't polite.
Yeah. I tend to be a bit sharp-tongued about badly formulated requests, so don't be completely unnerved by what I have said. But to be honest, I think it is best that you think over your request and your airshow; it clearly isn't going to work out very well.