"VFA-307 Deep Blue" Feeling the blue?

The home of forums for individual squads, recruiting offices and squad-centric discussion
Drew_3103
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D "Super Tomcat"

"VFA-307 Deep Blue" Feeling the blue?

Post by Drew_3103 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:20 am

So, I am starting a new squad. Right now, I'm not accepting applications for pilots but the COs and XOs are encouraged to make accounts on my forums right now. I will update all pilots when I'm recruiting right now its just to get the COs and XOs in for very good relations with my squad, and transparency! I want all COs and XOs to apply to my forum! This is so you can approve of some my actions as a leader and tell me when my pilots are wrong, I intend to make my pilots the most reputable and the most respected! http://z13.invisionfree.com/VFA_307_Deep_Blue/index.php?

EDIT: Only COs and XOs of major squads.
Last edited by Drew_3103 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm an ordinary man, like everybody else. Just a carbon counterfeit, I'm an ordiary man." Breaking Benjamin - Ordinary Man

CharleyHotel

Re: "VFA-307 Deep Blue" Feeling the blue?

Post by CharleyHotel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:36 am

Just saying, you need to hand-pick your XOs and squad leadership. Don't make them apply. Good XOs and COs can make or break a squad.

Drew_3103
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Drew_3103 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 am

Lol I know this but this right now is just for COs and XOs of different squads... I'm not letting anyone apply until I get back on the servers and potential XOs are going to have to prove themselves to me not just by their flight skills but their people skills and how they handle other members of differing squads...
"I'm an ordinary man, like everybody else. Just a carbon counterfeit, I'm an ordiary man." Breaking Benjamin - Ordinary Man

CharleyHotel

Post by CharleyHotel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Right, I see your point, but at the same time, they shouldn't have to prove themselves since ideally you know your crew.

vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Doesn't say much about your squad. What's it all about? what do you/plan to fly? I take it from VFA you are naval, got a carrier?
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

Drew_3103
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Drew_3103 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Well I need modders to help since I cannot paint or have the know how to make things for ys yes I need a carrier and planes... killerd is supposedly going to make my plane... this is just for the COs and XOs of other squads right now

EDIT: I would greatly appreciate people like Bombcat and Iceman to go make an account on my forum... I'm trying something completely new so the 171st can see that the 307th is not an enemy to them... Like I said major squads, like at least ten members in their squad.

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 pm

In the recruiting center you have to say what you're doing and other things, not saying that everyone should aply to your forums.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

Drew_3103
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Drew_3103 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Not everyone just the COs and XOs of the other squads... This is for the mutual benefit of our combat squads... Let's just say the 171st wants to have war games, but not with just their people, let's say they want to organize a "war" with the 49th or the 307th but they don't want everyone in ys to know... so they make the server invite only and then their squad and those they have set up a "war" date so both squads can learn tactics from eachother... its a way to improve both our squads and it goes other ways too. The COs and XOs can see my hunter list... Those haven't been used in ever but I'm oldshcool let's just say that. Now say one of my pilots thinks that something that a pilot from the 171st did deserves to be added to our hunter list. Bombcat can dispute it and arrange for a meet up with him, I, and the two pilots that have had an altercation, then we will be able to resolve things with our words. Like I said this invite is only for COs and XOs of other squads, its something that I'm trying which is completly new.

Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Spaceships I see when in a K hole

Post by Welshy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:22 pm

You can only be in one combat squad.....so your XO's will have to leave their squads and if they got it to where it is they won't want to!
YSRepo Supreme Overlord
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant

If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!

Drew_3103
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Drew_3103 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:02 pm

No, they will still be in their respected squads! Is this a hard concept to grasp? Its for combat squads only on my forum there will be a spot for combat squads only it is like a yshq but combat squads only its aim is to improve the relations between all squads, if you were around the same time I was then you would understand my aim. I want the combat squads to be able to organize things on private servers so like when I was around a long time ago all of my people when I was in the 107th were banned from a server just because someone from the 171st wanted to have a three on three fight but one of the people accused the 107th was accused of trimming because when he learned to dogfight it was accepted... This new concept is to standardize the ways of dogfighting and tactics on ground attack.

Bombcat and Vic Viper joined now I just need the other COs and XOs.

Not trying to start anything but I kinda need you other CO's and XO's to join after you apply can you send me a PM on YSHQ telling me your squad and name so I can give you the right titles