VFA-49 Ghost Hawks

The home of forums for individual squads, recruiting offices and squad-centric discussion
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

VFA-49 Ghost Hawks

Post by Vic Viper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

The Squadron

The Ghost Hawks-
Conceived as a stealthy, unique flight squadron, the Hawks have grown into a diverse multi-role squad that offers many avenues of YSFlight experience. We encourage you to take a moment to get to know us and what our squadron is all about.

The Mission-
Operating from both our carrier and ground bases, the VFA-49 is a unique naval squadron participating in air to air, air to ground, air to sea, and rotorwing operations. Whatever your skill or preference in YSFlight is, there is a place for you in the 49th.

Unique and Modern aircraft-
From the Raptor to the Lancer, you can find some of the most beautiful and legendary aircraft in modern history. Our aircraft range from a real world to fictional aircraft mix, to a mix in-between. Be warned, you’ll be hard pressed to find a bird you won’t want to fly. There is something for everyone in our hangers.

Combat Divisions-
A machine of many parts…
A powerful machine is only as good as the sum of its parts. Each one of our sub squadrons (divisions) is finely tuned for a specific role, sporting specialized aircraft and weapons reflecting their unique roles. You can be sure, whatever your talent or preference in YSFlight may be, you have a place in the squadron.

Division 1: Night Cobras (motto ~ “the tip of the spear..”)
Air to ground/sea. The Night Cobras perform the difficult task of SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air defenses) and ground support. Specialized aircraft allow them to engage a variety of ground based targets. Their trademark fast, extremely low level attacks pave the way for the rest of the spear to follow.

Division 2: Black Falcons (motto~ “Fire from the Clouds..”)
Air to Air. Screaming across the sky, the Black Falcons’ only task is to kill enemy aircraft. Armed with the latest and greatest fighter aircraft, they tear through wing and air to ensure clear skies for the rest of the 49th.

Division 3 Fire Ballers (motto ~ “rain fire from the sky..”)
Bombing. Pulverizing enemy forces into the ground is the primary objective of the bomber pilots in the Fire Ballers. With their advanced bombers these pilots make sure that enemy runways and hangers vanish from existence, preventing further threats from reoccurring.

Division 4 Arch Angels (motto ~ “on a wing and a prayer..“)
Rotor wing Operations. Arch Angel pilots must display a prowess and talent in maneuvering their unique helicopters, which can range from maneuverable attack choppers to large and powerful gunships. Arch Angels provide close air support to ground troops, taking out enemy armor and dug in positions. These pilots must remain calm at all times in order to survive the wall of steel and shrapnel they fly into daily.

Simple Training System

Training is simple in the 49th. Contact an officer, set up a time to log into the server, and learn the skills of combat from the vets and practice online.
Our forum also features a wealth of tactical knowledge and wisdom in online articles that you can use to improve your skills. Just another perk of being a Ghost Hawk.

As you develop your skills, you can join the War Games. This is an all out competition amongst your squad mates to prove who's best and to improve yourself along the way. Team building has never been more fun.

A Welcoming Environment

At the 49th we promote a healthy and enjoyable gaming environment, free of infighting, factions, and outright abuse. You can be absolutely sure you will be treated with respect. We will not turn you away because of lack of skill, we only ask that you exhibit a level maturity befitting a responsible gamer. After all, we’re all here to have some fun with a great flight game.

How to Apply

Application is simple and easy. Just follow the below link to our forum and create a new application topic. Just fill out the questions asked there. A senior officer will review your app promptly and contact you. You must be at least 13 years of age (exceptions can occur), own a joystick, and be fairly active online.

Whether you are looking to improve your combat/flight skills or simply need a change of pace in YSFlight, we invite you to consider the VFA-49, a choice for a fun and action packed future.

Questions? Comments? Please feel free to PM, or email yours truly or one of our recruitment officers
Waspe
Midnight Rambler
OfficerFlake
Ace Lord

Contact info:
MSN: [email protected]

A NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS

My server vfa49server.no-ip.org will be open Friday from 6:00-8:00PM Eastern Time (-5 gmt)

Aircraft Pack update is in progress pending dat testing. However, you may download our last released pack here and our map

You'll be able to ask me direct questions about the squad, fly some combat missions, and have some fun. Even if you do not wish to apply, feel free to hang out anyway. See you there.[/center]
Last edited by Vic Viper on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: VFA-49 Ghost Hawks

Post by Flake » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Yea Buddy!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Well. The 49th has two Aussies.

TWO OF THEM!

You have no reason not to join. That is all.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 am

Good to see the old 49th back and kicking again! I thought I'd never see the day.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Venom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle

Post by Venom » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I agree 100% with VNAF.

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

Post by Vic Viper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 am

:) Cheers. Updated post with current time server will be open.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

Viper 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Viper 1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:39 am

Nice to see you guys back up and active :)

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:51 am

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35/Su-37

Post by ForeverYMonster » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I applied