The 171st is, after a very extended hiatus, once again recruiting new members.
What we offer:
What we desire:
- Membership in the oldest semi-continuously operational combat unit in the English speaking YS community.
- Direct access to some of the most experienced combat pilots on YSFHQ - both for training, and hanging out.
- A collection of aircraft which have set the standard for YS combat units.
- Active members eager to represent us.
- Calm, mature pilots of any age who are willing to fight and die honorably (follow server rules, no raging).
- Individuals willing to bring their diverse talents to bear for the benefit of the squadron, and the YS community at large.
The 171st is a naval air combat squadron, specializing in all areas of carrier based tactical airpower. If you're looking for heavy bombers, big refueling planes, A-10's, or BF 109's, look elsewhere. If, however, dogfighting, light to medium attack, interception, anti-shipping strike interest you, we may have what you seek. The 171st has been a significant, often infamous, part of the YS community since it's founding in 2006. Under Iceman's able leadership we grew in strength, and prized camaraderie and skill. After an extended decline, we seek to redefine our position within the community. We are now a relatively small unit, and comfortable with that status. We are not looking to dominate the combat scene, but wish to once again make our presence felt. This is not precisely the old 171st - some of the old faces remain, but the attitude has mellowed considerably. Our membership includes or has included most if not all of the YSFHQ staff at one point or another, and our principal goal is to see the community as a whole flourish.
If you think you might like to have fun with us, consider applying. All applications will be considered, and those deemed most compatible will be accepted.