FDF "Fur Does Fly" Calling out for new pilots!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 pm
Welcome pilots (and hopefully future recruits) of YSF!
I would like to introduce my squadron.
The FDF or "Fur Does Fly" was founded on April 1st of 2013 in another simulator called "War Thunder".
We are officially designated the 1st FAFS (Furry Air Force), being that our squadron was based around the Furry Fandom (link here for those who want to know:http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry_fandom). Though don't be fooled, everybody is invited!
We stayed for about one year and a half, gathering our skills as a squadron and growing as a group. Our half-dozen pilots on April 1st has now blossomed into a nearly two dozen group on WT.
But those times are gone, and we are looking for another simulator that is easy to pick up and play (with a online community too) and we found this one, and we started a branch here. We aim to be a positive and active group that will
- Pilot Training.
- Bombers and Bomber Escort
What We Offer.
- A welcoming and boisterous community full of camaraderie. We are all in this together.
- A loose command structure. This squadron is more of a fluid, living being. In most cases there is no head to the snake, and Leaders are not based on skill but their ability to inspire and train others.
- Teamwork galore. Skills are only half the work here, most of our success comes from proper tactics, training and watching each others backs.
- Work for everybody. Our squadron comes in two branches (called Wings): Red [FDFR], who work to protect the bombers by either killing Anti-Air Defences or Enemy Fighters. And Blue [FDFB], who attack Ground Units using a variety of craft.
What We Expect Out Of You.
- Respect the commanding officers and each other. We want a healthy community, we are here to support one another.
- Come in on your designated training days. You wont be kicked out, but leaders can get stripped of their rank and all members can be said inactive and rotated out for a new one.
- Keep profanity and negativity to a minimum. Its one thing to be objective, its another to drag everybody into a depressive state.
- You must be the age of 13 and above, and come with a maturity level that matches what is listed above. New members will be put into a training wing (White [FDFT]) for about a week and then select their role.[/b]
Squadron Commander [FDFC]: TheFurNinja
Fighter Wing Commander [FDFR]: TBD
Flight Lead: TBD
Flight Lead Wingman: TBD
Element Lead: TBD
Element Wingman: TBD
Attacker Wing Commander [FDFB]: TBD
Flight Lead: Clpfox
Flight Lead Wingman: Haudini20018
Element Lead: Airstrafer101
Element Wingman: Portalguy223
-VOLCOM 1 (6/12/2014)
Things in the works.
- A squadron pack with squadron skins
- Our own server
- Perhaps a website
How to Join.
- Make a post here listing what Wing you would like to be in.
- Flying with us is the best (if not only) way to be accepted here. We will fly with you for a few days to make sure you are really intrested. Then you will be placed in training.
- Then, when you feel that you can make a decision, you can choose whether or not you want to stay or switch wings (you can always do this at anytime by asking a commander).
Welcome and we would love to have you with us,