[CLOSED]YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force

The home of forums for individual squads, recruiting offices and squad-centric discussion
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

[CLOSED]YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force

Post by Flake » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 pm

- CLOSED -

[s]Image

The YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force was founded on the night of the 29th of December, 2010. We're a relatively new but a highly professional Air Force capable of Air-Air, Air-Ground, and Air-Air and Ground operations. We beleive that Wars and Fighting in YSFlight is not in the best interest of the community, and thus, are reluctant to start or participate in combat unless absolutaly necessary. With a high arsenel of training from an intricate Squadron Leaders course to a detailed re-creation of the BattleSpace Command and Control courses run by the real RAAF, the YSRAAF provides a simulation of a real defence force career, tailored to suit a small but enjoyable community, to a whole new level of challanges, development, and fun.

This is, your YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force.

Currently, The YSRAAF has reached the point of operational readyness that would befit any YSFlight Fighter Squadron. We have an active Air-Combat group, and are formidable and organised in our efforts to provide a challange to even the most experienced of battle planners.

We are looking to develop further, with additions of Air Lift group and Surveillance and Response group in the near future, seeing the YSRAAF expand to fill AEWAC roles as well as humanitarian efforts and transports. With the expected arrival of the Boeing 737 Wedgetail in the near future, and the Delivery and conversion of the F/A-18F Super Hornet, we will soon be a formidable Air Force capable of joint group operations, capable of co-ordinating a theoretical ammount of hundreds of pilots at a time with the right training and correct crew. However, with YSFlights limitations, we expect to have small numbers, and a reasonable combat effectiveness.

Future developments include the Expansion of Air-Combat groups to allow for 82WG, and the opening of the 2 aforementioned Air Groups.

The YSFlight Virtual RAAF has a rank structure just like the REAL RAAF, minus the NCO's and Airmen.

The ranks go from top down:

Air Cheif Marshal (ACM)
Air Marshal (AIRMRSH)
Air Vice Marshal (AVM)
Air Commodore (AIRCDRE)

Group Captain (GPCAPT)
Wing Commander (WGCDR)
Squadron Leader (SQNLDR)
Flight Lieutenant (FLTLT)
Flying Officer (FLGOFF)
Pilot Officer (PLTOFF)

Officer Cadet (OFFCDT)

The YSRAAF has a very solid and fixed structure, which allows us to keep organised and not lose focus in difficult to manage scenarios. We each have a certain level of responsibilty in our positions and act on it accordingly.

We have two internal structures. Air Force Head Quarters, and the Service Members Pilots Muster.

Air Force HQ is for Air Commodores and above, and the rest go to the Pilots Muster. So all our Air Marshalls are our equivilent of "Senior Officers" or "Executives" in the YSF Squadron.

All Marshals answer to the Air Chief Marshal, the CO in other words.

In the Pilots Muster, We go by a rank superiority.

Group Captains co-ordinate air groups.
Wing Commanders co-ordinate their wings
Squadron leaders run their squadrons,
and Flight commanders run their individual flights, or "Sub SQN's"

We also have a very intricate network of addatives, such as honors and awards through to routine instructions. All highly organised and catalouged.

Training in the YSRAAF is as follows:

You apply online via our Forums.
You are accepted, enrolled as an OFFCDT, and pass the Basic Flight Training School in the PC-9/A. (not the real RAAF aircraft, this is only for 2FTS normally.)
You then proceed to 2nd Flight Training School and are graded as a pilot after passing that, and given your first promotion to PLTOFF.
After that, you head off to 79SQN, then 76SQN for training in the Hawk 127 Aircraft, in basic Air-Ground and Air-Air.
then you are POSTED in a position at 76SQN, as an operational pilot.
After proving proficient, you will then advance to 2nd Operational Conversion Unit, and promoted to FLGOFF, for training on the F/A-18B Hornet, in more advanced Air-Air and Air-Ground.
Finally, you advance onto either 3SQN, Air-Air or 77SQN, Air-Ground.
You can later transfer to the complimentary SQN, and passing that training, be posted to 75SQN, Air-Air & Ground.

After some time in a SQN, you can apply to lead a flight, and do the BattleSpace Command and Control Basic course, and obtain the rank of FLTLT.
Then likewise for SQNLDR, but the BSCAC Proficiency course but also, to be a senior officer, you need to pass the SQNLDR's course as well.
For WGCDR, it's the BCAC: Intermediate Course.
and for GPCAPT, it's the BCAC: Advanced Course.

To then be posted to the Air Force HQ, you pass the Air Marshal's Course, also known as the "Star ranks course"
To proceed ranks in HQ, it's all selection based.

To apply, you can visit the DFR forum on the YSRAAF Forums or submit a webform via the website here: http://ysraaf.raafgs.hostoi.com/

[/s]
Last edited by Flake on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: CLOSED
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Re: YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force

Post by Iceman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Whoo! Awesome! Yet ANOTHER squad!

Do you want a personal subforum? Or a link to another forum?
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force

Post by Flake » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 am

Yeah a link to ysraaf.freeforums.org would be awesome! Thanks.

-- Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 am --

Eh, I thought after working on Orb I'd develop the actual power I needed in YSF to make this work fully, but I've just lost interest.

Lifes moving too quickly, and I just don't have the time, patience, or interest to do it anymore.

If anyone wants to take over, be my guest, otherwise, it'll stay closed (forever?)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Spaceships I see when in a K hole

Re: [CLOSED]YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force

Post by Welshy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah I'll speak to you about a teak over :)
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant

If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:19 am

Go nuts. You're the new ACM.

[email protected]
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15

Post by [email protected] » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:02 am

Ouh, Flake became an officer... surprise...!!! ;)
Hawk