Airplane Choosing

The home of forums for individual squads, recruiting offices and squad-centric discussion
ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-22C

Airplane Choosing

Post by ToxicSkylinesMH10 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Ive been thinking about this for some time, and it almost just seems like I know the right answer, I just wanna ask you guys

Does anyone really care about what kind of airplanes a squad uses?
(explanation)

can you have an F-16 in your squad pack along with weird airplanes, or is it pretty much limited to "real life" planes
like say the F-36, it is purely experimental, and as far as I know, it might not even really exist, but am I allowed to use it?
can my (future) squad use this as if it was "real" ?

I'm asking to see if some people would call that unfair.
To be honest, I'm not really wanting to do it because of the advantage of the plane. Its more for the uniqueness of the plane choice and the beauty of certain stealth planes.
Is it alright to say that my squad is some kind of secret force of pilots and we get to use some of technologies latest feats?

Also, just because they would be "experimental planes" doesn't mean that I'm going to make the data so much better that it just annihilates everybody else. Everything will be within reason.
they're probably gonna have the same DAT as maybe an F-22 ( the nice models) or even an F-35.
If im able to implement them, im not going to make them invisible to radar either. They will be FAIR planes to everyone else

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Re: Airplane Choosing

Post by Iceman » Thu May 19, 2011 5:44 pm

As far as choosing squad planes go, it's the performance and loadout that we care about. You can fly a plane from the year 4000, but if it's got a stock F-16 dat and/or is comparable to the stock aircraft in terms of performance, you're welcome to fly one.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

Re: Airplane Choosing

Post by Bombcat » Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

http://ysfhq.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24#p74
Recommendation three covers this issue, particularly the final passage. You are free to operate whatever types of aircraft, real or fictional, which you please. However, you cannot enter formal competition with, or engage in combat against, squadrons which do not operate comparable types. No aircraft which is even remotely realistic should decisively outperform YS Flight's profoundly broken stock F-16 in terms of dogfight agility.

Remember, an F-36's advantages would come more in terms of avionics rather then traditional performance. You should have no trouble giving 5th generation fighters a dat which others would consider to be reasonable.
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.