Voting - Online Play [Closed 1 October]

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.

Which two forum members should be elected as Online Play Staff for Semester 2, 2017?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:44 am

Ace Lord
31%
Vic Viper
37%
Coop
21%
dbd000
10%

Total votes: 86

YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Voting - Online Play [Closed 1 October]

Post by YSFHQ »

VOTING - ONLINE PLAY

How to vote:
Simply choose any two members you wish in the attached poll. That easy.

Best of luck to all our candidates this semester!

Voting has ended. Thank you for your participation!
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Re: Nominations - Online Play [Closes 24 September]

Post by Ace Lord »

Hello again HQ...It's me, your BUFF jockey, Ace Lord. You may or may not know that I have been around YS for a decade and around the online community surrounding it for nearly as long. During that period of time I have been witness to or participated in many events that got the community buzzing with activity, which is why I am running for this administrative post. Drawing on my experience from and discussions with aerobatic-oriented members, I believe that periodic events for both combat and civilian sectors of the community may help to generate an increase of activity. Part of my plans include joint operations between the major combat conglomerates, including periodic Community WW3 events. If I am fortunate enough to receive your vote, you have my thanks. To those also running for this category, I bid you good luck.
< BoH
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

Once more unto the breach..

It's been an interesting six months to say the least, and they've left me with more hope that we can continue to grow this community and do great things. With my continued position in Online Play I look forward to hosting more events for all to enjoy and to shine more light onto our small but amazing community.

In recent history I've had the privilege of helping host two airshows, (soon to be a 3rd), beginning a successful live stream of YSFHQ events, hosting a popular ysflight server, and helping run a fine combat group.

I really appreciate all aspects of our community; combat, civil, and aero, and want to see each continue to grow and improve. To this end I am very eager to work with the other admins, both elected and staff, to ensure we all have a grand ol' time.

I look forward to serving you again YSFHQ. See you in the skies very soon.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

Whats up HQ!
First off, I want to thank everyone for a successful past semester here on the HQ! From the online play side, we saw great add-on's released and new events like the Thunder airshow, just to name a few! Looking forward, our year promises to continue to be packed with awesome events. Some of the events include the Aerobatic Expo this weekend, which I will be hosting. I hope you all enjoy the show and the behind the scene work that was put in to make the show the success I hope it will be!

Why should you vote for me?
Well, I, along with the help of Vic, enhanced the YS flight airshow experience by hosting and providing live streams for viewers not in the community to enjoy. We have worked side by side to enhance the online play of the community, with my domain under the aerobatic side, Vic's being the combat side! I also enjoyed interacting with members of the community in the discord for events, but also as a fair listening voice to settle disputes and resolve conflict before it arose.

Moving forward, I plan to continue making the online community a place where members can go to enjoy the full YS Flight experience. I will be bring back the YS Flight air racing series late this year, and creating with that, a Racing series of multiple events being scored with ultimately, a small prize being awarded to the overall series winner. I'll keep hosting airshow, with tentative plans for possibly one more this winter. I hope you chose to vote for me to grow our community.
Be like this cool cat and vote Coop!
dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 »

Hello

For those who don't know me. I'm dbd000. I am the CEO for Moa Airways Virtual Airline (Membership Applications Welcome) and also part of the Event Staff at Abel Jets Virtual Airline. I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know too much about the role of being a staff member but I'm always happy to lend a hand when I know what I'm doing.

I focus mainly on civilian flying but also love flying military and aerobatic aircraft. I'm enlisted in the 4AW Fighter Wing as a 1st airman and have got a repaint pack in the works. My favourite thing about the community is the opportunities and ideas that can arise from each and every member of the forum and the wider world (except spam bots, they suck).

I try to encourage members to try new things and to post any questions other members can answer, help others but most importantly, have fun.

Good luck to the candidates in all three categories including those running against me.

Happy flying!
YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Re: Voting - Online Play [Closes 24 September]

Post by YSFHQ »

Poll Open!

Good luck to all candidates!
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account