New things from Soji

News, announcements, updates, & more regarding YSFlight & YSFHQ
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

New things from Soji

Post by NightRaven » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:08 pm

To add to my point above, Soji would still have ultimate rights over the program, and would be the one to decide which features to be added/removed and would also be able to deny any additional updates from the helping developers, though I wouldn't see a reason why he would deny such updates.

Bear in mind, the source code would only be accessible to Soji and the few trusted developers, no one else. Of course, these developers have to have the integrity not to upload the source code to a public site.

TheJuli
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: B777

New things from Soji

Post by TheJuli » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:55 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:[post]83046[/post] I'm sure with the OpenGL thing it's just a matter off turning off and on specular highlight effects at certain points in the rendering...
Oh only if they new how programming works. :roll:
Honestly, there must be an option or something to do, otherwise every single OpenGL game would be having some ridiculous reflections.
Oh and btw there is no sun in the game.
Not implying that i know programming languages very good, but i am well into web making and website programming and I know how stuff works.

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

New things from Soji

Post by Gunny » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:44 pm

No sun graphically thejuli but there is a light source option North,South,East,West and straight down as in high noon.
Image[/align=centre]

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

New things from Soji

Post by Barr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Flake have you ever contacted soji? We could all sign a petition to have you a debugger.

Also you can turn off ground shading in the scenery editor
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

New things from Soji

Post by Stingx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:46 pm

BARRACUZ wrote:[post]83110[/post] Flake have you ever contacted soji? We could all sign a petition to have you a debugger.
+1
It's worth trying.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

New things from Soji

Post by Flake » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:27 am

I have.
Soji Yamakawa wrote:I also appreciate your offer to help coding, but I'd like to keep YSFLIGHT code myself for now.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM

New things from Soji

Post by NajmiCreative » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 pm

BARRACUZ wrote:Also you can turn off ground shading in the scenery editor
Did you mean the shading that makes the ground changes colour from green to white???
Im quite busy with FS2004 even though offline.....
still hard to control than YS(uses arrow button and I rarely get use to it).....
but,Im still searching mdl file importer for blender to transfer the FS model to YS......
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]

Barr
Veteran
Veteran

New things from Soji

Post by Barr » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:40 pm

NajmiCreative wrote:
BARRACUZ wrote:Also you can turn off ground shading in the scenery editor
Did you mean the shading that makes the ground changes colour from green to white???
Im quite busy with FS2004 even though offline.....
still hard to control than YS(uses arrow button and I rarely get use to it).....
but,Im still searching mdl file importer for blender to transfer the FS model to YS......

Yes when you open up a .fld in the scenery editor go to properties and check off specular shading. Some thing like that. It could also be your machine. On my laptop the white shade only occurs when I'm at 30k or above and for polygons that are just becoming visual around 40miles.

The fs2004 mdl files are diffrent. You can't use them with the fsx mdl exporter importer script unless theirs a new tool floating out there that won't screw up the model once it's imported back into blender. You're better off ixporting to gmax and exporting to a file recognizable by blender
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team

New things from Soji

Post by NajmiCreative » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:28 pm

thanks for the tips,BARRACUZ....
here's new post by Soji yesterday

2015/01/30

Workaround for a bug in OpenGL 2.1 driver of Linux Guest on VirtualBox 4.3.20

I have been writing programs that works for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux, for my hobby and for my work. But, it is nearly impossible to test all programs on all platforms every day. In reality, I program on a primary platform, and occasionally test on other platforms. When I renew my MacBook Pro, I am planning to primarily use MacOSX when I am away from my desk and Windows when I am at my desk. But, it hasn't happened yet.

Today, I re-installed VirtualBox on my new SSD in my X230T. And tested some of my programs on Linux running inside VirtualBox. I thought it should be done quickly, but took longer than expected. The OpenGL driver complained that my GLSL program does not have definition of void main() when I was trying to link my GLSL programs. (Definition for "void main()" not found.)

I was not getting from the GLSL compiler. But, the linker was complaining. It didn't make sense. I notice that I could get the program length by glGetShaderiv with GL_SHADER_SOURCE_LENGTH, which returned 47 bytes, which was way shorter than my shader program. Next I used glGetShaderSource to check what was actually sent to the OpenGL driver. Turned out only the first line of my program was sent.

In conclusion, it was a bug of the OpenGL driver of Linux guest (Ubuntu 12.04LTS) running on VirtualBox (4.3.20). OpenGL is supposed to allow:

const char *shaderProgram[]=
{
"uniform vec4 color;\n",
"\n",
"void main()\n",
"{\n",
" gl_FragColor=color;\n",
"}\n",
NULL
};

glShaderSource(fragShaderId,6,shaderProgram,NULL);

(Simplified from my actual code)

In this way, I am storing a GLSL program as multiple C strings organized by an array of char pointers. If I do it, the OpenGL driver of Linux guest in VirtualBox only recognizes the first line. This bug did not exist in the earlier version of VirtualBox. So, someone must have injected a new bug recently.

With no other options, I had to deal with it on the program side. The solution was making a whole program as one single C string. For example:

const char shaderProgram[]=
{
"uniform vec4 color;\n"
"\n"
"void main()\n"
"{\n"
" gl_FragColor=color;\n"
"}\n"
};

const char *shaderProgramPtr=shaderProgram;
glShaderSource(fragShaderId,1,&shaderProgramPtr,NULL);

(Simplified from my actual code)

With this modification, OpenGL driver of Linux correctly understood my GLSL programs and was able to run my programs.
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]

NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team

New things from Soji

Post by NajmiCreative » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 pm

um Barracuz,I can't find the specular shading on my stable version YS Scenery Editor....
My official website

Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

New things from Soji

Post by Gunny » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Thats because there isn't one in any stable version.
Image[/align=centre]

Barr
Veteran
Veteran

New things from Soji

Post by Barr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 am

Yes I shouldve mentioned that its just for the test versions.

Theres also a new test version out...
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**

waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten

New things from Soji

Post by waspe414 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 am

Test version 20150202 is out. I took a gander in an Ah-64 to get a close-up look at the wandering water reflection, and found that my helicopter was entirely uncontrollable at low throttle setting.

In fact, all helicopters are like this. For some reason, despite not having the PSTMPWR1 and PSTMPWR2 lines, the HELICOPTER class uses throttle-affected low-speed maneuverability designed for the F-22's thrust vectoring, but helicopters use it for all airspeeds. Suffice to say this is not how helicopters fly.

YS also does not appear to recognize F10 being pressed, ingame or in key assignments. (Not sure what that's about. The key does work.)
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

New things from Soji

Post by Flake » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:28 am

Going to test 2015 with OYS now. hopefully no crashes occur.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

New things from Soji

Post by Flake » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:29 am

Confirm F10 bug and OYS compatability.

Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

New things from Soji

Post by Stingx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Soji via http://ysflight.in.coocan.jp/ysflight/ysflight/testvere.html wrote:[Updates]
2015/02/14

It's super cold here in Pittsburgh! I'm trying to come up with a good way to allow smooth transition between thrust vectoring-based post-stall maneuver and normal aerodynamics-based maneuver.

YSFLIGHT
- You can cycle radar range backward by Shift+3 key.
- Changed the way to select view points. F7 key will toggle between old F7 and F8. F8 key will cycle through ILS views and Control-Tower views (old F6 and F9 views). F9 key will cycle through aircraft that is tracked in F7 view.
- GUI for specifying different colors per smoke generator.
- HUD shows which smoke generator is currently selected.

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

New things from Soji

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:28 pm

15 years and he changes the F# view points. Oh super.
This'll take some time getting used to. I am a fan of many of the other additions, especially smoke!

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

New things from Soji

Post by Turbofan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Some cool stuff in the new update, though I don't understand the need for one key cycling through ILS and tower views. I do like the separate keys that are there now. For large maps wih many airports and ILS's, it will now take roughly twice as long to cycle through to the tower/ILS view you want to be at, since the same key will now cycle through both, ILS and tower views.
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!
Turbofan's Terminal

Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

New things from Soji

Post by Kujo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm not comfortable with this new view command thing, but if I just re-assign them in the config back to the old commands, it shouldn't be too bad.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

New things from Soji

Post by VNAF ONE » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Ya, now he's changing things that shouldn't be changed. Looks like I'll be holding on to a 2013 version.

So, if the smoke pods have to be selected to work, how can you use multiple at the same time?
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer