YSFHQ Budget FY2016

News, announcements, updates, & more regarding YSFlight & YSFHQ
wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by wingzfan99 »

So, going along with our new era of transparency here, I'd like to share our full budget with the community and explain a) where our money comes from, b) where we spend it, and c) where we have to go from here.

You can view the budget by clicking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I have left comments enabled, so feel free to make notes if there's something of interest to you.

In the first two columns, you'll see our budgeted monthly expenses and revenues, broken out by type of expense or source of revenue. Keep in mind I'm doing everything in USD ($).

At the bottom of the page, you'll see our current balances. The Operating and Reserve numbers are arbitrary -- there is truly only one account, the balance of which is the bottom, bolded line labeled Total Holdings. I have set aside $170 in reserves, which is a little more than one year of operations including hosting and domains. The "Operating" is what we actually pay the bills with. The idea is to always maintain the "reserve" amount at minimum, in case we hit a period with absolutely no revenues.

You will notice, back in the expenses area, that I have carried out the expenses for the remainder of the calendar year to provide a forecast of our balances if no revenues come in. In reality we have a handful of recurring monthly donations that would prop that up, but without having the money in hand I cannot assume anything. The expenses are pretty much set, with little to no variance unless we decide to spin up another server (to run a YS instance, for example).

In case you are curious, Eric and I are the only ones with access (I have full access, I believe Eric can make payments). All expenses go through me at some point.

Also, this will become our new budget since it hasn't been done in a while. We are switching to a fiscal year of September through August, so on September 1 you can consider YSFHQ to be in FY2016. I think this makes more sense since summer has a big impact on activity.

Please feel free to ask questions here. Note that this is not intended to scare you into donating any money, this is nothing more than an information dump so you all can see what we have and what we use it for. Those of you that donate have a right to know what happens with your money, and when there's a surplus I think the entire community should have a say on how we spend it (typically, that's on advertising on Facebook, Twitter, or other platforms).
Wingzfan "The Budgetman" 99
Treasurer, YSFHQ

Founder and Admin of the site once known as YSUpload
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by VNAF ONE »

I've noticed the advertisements are on there. Are there ads here on the HQ? (I use Adblock Pro so I don't see them on 90% of the sites I visit)

Would it be better if people disabled their adblockers on HQ so more revenue can be generated from these ads (if they're here) or do they work differently. I guess I'm trying to basically figure out how the adverts work.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

I use adblock as well. I really need to unblock the HQ.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
jetskit
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: 757 - 200,787,a319,a320

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by jetskit »

VNAF ONE wrote:I've noticed the advertisements are on there. Are there ads here on the HQ? (I use Adblock Pro so I don't see them on 90% of the sites I visit)

Would it be better if people disabled their adblockers on HQ so more revenue can be generated from these ads (if they're here) or do they work differently. I guess I'm trying to basically figure out how the adverts work.
I don't think there are any at the moment, After the forum got its new look they didn't go back on. Although if we do get ads on though it is a good idea to remove your adblock, or atleast for the forum only. :D
"Aviation was not an industry nor a science. It was a love."|YS ATCO|PAVA CEO|
Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by Phoenix »

No Adblock, can confirm no advertisements.
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

Same here, I just disabled adblock for YSFHQ, no joy on adverts.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: YSFHQ Budget FY2016

Post by wingzfan99 »

I have updated the budget doc w/ numbers from December 2015. You can still use the link from the original post. Feel free to leave comments on the document if you have any questions.
Treasurer, YSFHQ

wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by wingzfan99 »

The budget doc has been updated for January 2016. Same link from the original post. Comment directly on the spreadsheet if you have any questions.

One thing to note, I have added a separate "virtual account" for our Marketing team. The balance is currently $50, which is the equivalent of all unspent marketing money budgeted up to this point in the fiscal year. (Reminder: YSFHQ's Fiscal Year is September - August, in accordance with the usual "peaks" of activity for YS during the northern hemisphere's summer months).
Treasurer, YSFHQ

wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by wingzfan99 »

The budget doc has been updated as of 8/1/2016. August will be the last month of our fiscal year -- expect next month to be a Year End report.
Treasurer, YSFHQ

wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by wingzfan99 »

The budget doc has been updated as of 05/10/2017.
Treasurer, YSFHQ