Voting - Forum Specific [Closed 10 April]

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.

Which two members should be elected as Forum Specific staff for the coming Semester?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am

Flake
48%
MD5Ray01
14%
Doomsday
38%

Total votes: 50

YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Voting - Forum Specific [Closed 10 April]

Post by YSFHQ »

VOTING - FORUM SPECIFIC

How to Vote:
Vote in the attached poll for your two choices of staff members for the coming semester!

Best of luck to all candidates!
TIMER_DEBUG_SPAN_CREATED
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Nominations - Forum Specific [Closes 27 March]

Post by Flake »

Heyo. It's been a busy semester!

I'd like to remind you all of a few of the things I do and have done over the past semster to stop this place from burning to the ground :P
  1. Posted all the threads and managed the voting and implementation of the last election, and even this one.
  2. With the help of Eric, ensured Putin did not rig our election. We banned one member last election and we'll do it again. :twisted:
  3. Add the CountDown BBCode which has proven quite useful for event planning.
  4. Added board announcement banners for each major event here on YSFHQ to drive attendance and participation.
  5. Cleaned up after all the spam bots that come by just to commit sudoku with all their spam.
  6. Analysed current financial situation and ensured long term going concern of YSFHQ for coming year.
  7. Prepared financial statements for all members of YSFHQ to see to re-affirm the current position and health of YSFHQ to all members.
  8. Changed a few usernames
  9. Edited a lot of posts to ensure readability, fix spelling mistakes, fix images...
  10. Helped a lot of new members who are new to PhpBB3 with their posts and formatting.
  11. Reached out to Business and First class members to try and improve their memberships in a fair way. Didn't get to far but hey homies I'm thinking of you and that's gutta count for something, right?
  12. Cleaned up after the roomba went heywire in the dorms.
  13. Trained monkeys to do my job from time to time.
  14. Posted a whole bunch of dank and tasty memes
  15. YSFlight Foot Lettuce. The last thing you want in your YSFHQ Administration, is someone elses foot fungus. But, if you don't vote for me, that might be what you get.
  16. Finally got rid of Lord Voldemort from the forums with the help of the current admin team. (Thanks guys).
  17. "Let it be" and let the members do and say what they want without too much interference. Most of the time this works and the forum doesn't devolve into a flame war. Ya'll get on quite well and can be trusted for the most part. I appreciate that. A lot.
  18. Swept away all the spiders and cobwebs. Someones gutta do it. May as well be the Australian, as I'm used to dealing with spiders with health bars.
  20. I'm quite good at tying my shoes
  21. Nobody rage quits harder or better than I do. If you don't vote for me, you are part of the problem.
  22. I won't grief the server if you OP me.
In all seriousness, being an Admin of YSFHQ isn't about flapping your hammer around. It's about doing the hard work no one else wants to do, and most of all, enjoying doing it. It's not "fun" work. There's no special club behind the scenes here. It's just sickos like me who enjoy doing this administrative stuff.

♫ "Who can mod our forum? ♫
♫ I don't mind at all! ♫
♫ Who can ban the haters before they all begin to troll? ♫

♫ FLAKE CAN! ♫
♫ OH YES THE FLAKEY-MAN CAN. ♫
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

Once more into the fray of adminship nominations do I throw my hat. I spent some time as a forum specific admin a couple years ago, and though I may have made a couple mistakes during my time in adminship, we made progress, including transitioning from Teamspeak to Discord.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Heya there peeps!

Once again signing up to run for the Forum Administrator position! Many of you here have known me for a long time and know may capabilities on the forums. But, for those who don't know, I've been a member on YSFHQ since it started and for a couple years on YSP2 before it crashed and burned.

My position in the staff administration has ranged from Section Moderator, Administrator, and Head Administrator.

So far YSFHQ hasn't burned down to the ground yet from my administration, obviously i must be doing something right :lol:

During my time as a member on the admin team, I always remain impartial from what happens on the servers and what happens on here. I'm not the type of person who try to rule with an iron fist, everyone makes mistakes and my philosophy is try to assist them in correcting themselves before they paint themselves in a bad way on this community. Banning someone from here is something I consider as a last resort, unless he is a spambot.

Everyone is here to play this wonder game and enjoy this community.

Best of luck for everyone running for this position!
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131