[PACK] 169th Eagle Eye Aggressors

Large packs consisting of more than one type of aircraft.
LightWings
Favorite Aircraft: F-15S/MTD

[PACK] 169th Eagle Eye Aggressors

Post by LightWings » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 pm

[mod=CRAF - VRF - 169th Eagle Eye Aggressors Teaser][previmg]http://recconaissance.webs.com/photos/presentation.bmp[/previmg]
[moddesc=http://recconaissance.webs.com/photos/C ... Teaser.zip]This is a small Teaser Aggressor pack of the CRAF's Elite Fighters, used by the Nation for a high success rate of Air Superriority. The Pack includes the F/A-18F Superhornet, and the F-15S/MTD with Thrust Vector Nossels for a Highly Manuverable Fighter, a perfect match for same aircraft such as the SU-37 Superflanker. This is again, just a teaser pack for the Public, just for the convenience. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM about the aircraft, so i can take into consideration any upgrades or Fixes.

***NOTE*** Thanks and 100% Credit goes to Talon for his wonderful work on the F/A-18F Superhornet, and the Modder of the CEP Pack for the great work on the F-15S/MTD. ***END NOTE***

*Factors*
- Aircraft Feature new A.F.S. or, Advanced Flare System, making the flares much more realistic.
- Paint Schemes i worked on myself using Blender

Have fun. Once again, thanks to the Modderators of these Aircraft.

:D[/moddesc]
[instmod]Step #1: EXTRACT ZIP FOLDER
Step #2: OPEN FOLDER
Step #3: CUT/COPY FILES TO MAIN YSFLIGHT DIRECTORY
Step #4: HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!!!

**NOTE - USE THESE AIRCRAFT IN A RESPECTFUL MANNOR**[/instmod][/mod]

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Re: CRAF - VRF - 169th Eagle Eye Aggressors Teaser

Post by Iceman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 am

...This is what I've been waiting for in a squad pack.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Iceman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 pm

I took one look at the wireframe and I died a little.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

red baron
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: P-51 Mustang

Post by red baron » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Iceman wrote:I took one look at the wireframe and I died a little.
Is that a good thing? :D
Chief Fleet Officer of ATVA and commander in the 398th.

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Iceman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:55 pm

No, it's terrible. Each of these models have easily over 3000 unnecessary polygons. The normals are fucked up, as well. The paint schemes were beautiful, but horribly executed.

I wouldn't fly with these until you cleaned them up a LOT.

Viper 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Viper 1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Is it just me or when I fly these planes my ys lags!!! so fuckin hard?

Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Viper 1 wrote:Is it just me or when I fly these planes my ys lags!!! so fuckin hard?
that what happens when a plane has too many polygons
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131

Viper 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Viper 1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Ahhh okay., he need to change that.

Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm

The strength on your planes are a bit high. The F-15 seems fine, but the F/A-18s are set at 45. This is pretty high, compared to the stock F-16, whose strength is set at 10, and the stock A-10, whose strength is set at 25. However, I still enjoy the repaints.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

LightWings
Favorite Aircraft: F-15S/MTD

Post by LightWings » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Well damn, I have no idea about the Polygon issue, when i fly them, their perfectly fine. The planes are a bit more strengthened then regular, the F-15S/MTD has a very nice Thrust Vector Nozzel for Supermanuverability to be up to standards with the SU-37 Superflanker... If anyone can help me with the polygon issue, feel free, im not an expert, i only know how to do paints and dat file editing... lol, ot very skilled with those. yet.

Yeah, the 45 strength was a bit over. my mistakes, that will be changed in the update as soon as i finish with the touches.

Mod edit: Merged double post.

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Iceman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm

LightWings wrote:Well damn, I have no idea about the Polygon issue, when i fly them, their perfectly fine. The planes are a bit more strengthened then regular, the F-15S/MTD has a very nice Thrust Vector Nozzel for Supermanuverability to be up to standards with the SU-37 Superflanker... If anyone can help me with the polygon issue, feel free, im not an expert, i only know how to do paints and dat file editing... lol, ot very skilled with those. yet.

Yeah, the 45 strength was a bit over. my mistakes, that will be changed in the update as soon as i finish with the touches.

Mod edit: Merged double post.
Your models:
The polygon issue has to do completely with the technique you're using in blender to cut your polygons. I see you're making a lot of vertical lines and such. Refer to Kuro's painting tutorials, and if you're still stumped, ask the man himself via PM, or ask Vince.

Your DATs:
You need to make sure that your aircraft are not cheat planes. If they are, the ENTIRE combat community will reject your squadron from the get-go. The F/A-18 should have a strength of about 10. The F-15S? About 15, MAYBE.

F-15S:
Your afterburning thrust in the DAT is 35 tons. Research says that the afterburning thrust of the F-15S is only 23.78 tons. When you increase the thrust of the F-15, that greatly affects maneuverability and range - and 35 tons of thrust is wayyyyy too much - it could mean that this is a cheat plane.

Also, your dat states that the military thrust is 19.2t. The actual mil thrust of the F-15S is only 14.36 tons. Change that accordingly.

The max speed defined in the dat is 2.5mach, while in real life, the max speed of the F-15S is only 2.1 mach. Change that accordingly.

Fuel weight is calculated by Max takeoff weight - payload weight. Because in real life the F-15S doesn't have any payload whatsoever, I used the payload weight of the F-15E. So with those calculations in mind, the fuel weight should be 10.2, so you undercut yourself of about 3 tons of fuel.

Your pitch maneuverability constant is at 15.0, and the stability constant is at 1.5. WHAT?! Not only that, but your AoA is at 30deg for both sustained and max input. I suggest 27deg for sustained, and 32deg for max input. Along with the added thrust you put in, that makes for an incredibly cheaty plane. Also, your post-stall maneuver lines are all at 40deg. That's not TOO bad, but I suggest 35-30deg to make it more fair.

Now, your loadout. Each RKT line carries 19 rockets. This means your F-15S carries 228 rockets. This is awesome, but in real life, not even the F-15E can carry that many rockets. Make your payload specs more realistic, or you WILL be shat on by everyone else. Also, with the new YSFlight, don't hesitate to put in FUEL and FLR lines! The F-15 can certainly carry more than a few fuel tanks, and by adding these extra weapons to your payload, your F-15S will be able to fly many different roles.

Your gun ammo being 5000 would be fair if your Gunpower was 1. But your Gunpower is 2.5. In YS standards, the M61A2 Vulcan's 20mm shell is defined with the Gunpower of 1. Therefore, you should keep the 5000 rounds, but reduce the gunpower to 1. Also, you can increase the Gunintvl to 0.005, making your gun very powerful because of your fast rate of fire.

F/A-18:

The first thing I noticed about your DAT was that the strength was 45. No. The A-10 has a strength of 25, and the F/A-18 is a fragile piece of shit compared to the A-10. Also, your gunpower is also 45. What the fuck are you thinking? That means 1 bullet hit can kill most aircraft make for YSFlight. The F/A-18 also carries a M61A2 cannon, so the gunpower should be reduced to 1 and the gunintvl increased to 0.005.

Your flare count is 100. That's all gravy, but I suggest a flare count of 60 as a default. Perhaps 80 would be a good compromise.

Remove the INITIAGM/AAM lines and replace them with LOADWEPN lines. Refer to my HQPGAC dats as an example.

Your critical AOA line says 35deg, while your max input AOA line says 29deg. The hornet can most definitely NOT turn that hard in real life. Reduce CRITAOAP to 23deg, and the MXIPTAOA line to MAYBE 25deg. MAYBE.

Your max speed line is also at 2.5MACH. This is faulty. In real life, the max speed of an F/A-18E is 1.8MACH at altitude. Your max speed line is way off.

Now, your thrust lines. You undercut yourself severly here. The afterburning thrust of the F/A-18E is 22t, and the military thrust is 14t. Change that - you'll get a lot more maneuverability that way. Also, the clean weight of the F/A-18E is 16 tons. I can see you used a stock dat as a baseline. If you want to keep that, do NOT change ANYTHING in the DAT to make it perform better than the stock F-16, unless you balance it by undercutting something else.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Your pack will be pretty alright if you can stop being lazy with the poly count as ice said, and listen to his other advice. Just keep at it, you'll get it right eventually.