[PACK] Headquarters Pack 20140402

Large packs consisting of more than one type of aircraft.
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

[PACK] Headquarters Pack 20140402

Post by Alpha Star »

Headquarters pack April 2014

Link - https://www.mediafire.com/?47k90933xlk24e3

Here is the update for the HQPGAC pack that I recently took over after Iceman abandoned it in the park. This update includes some amazing tornados from vandal and tigershark and lovely Migs from NightRaven! More are being made, another update will come in a few months!

Minor LST update on 6th July 2014

Credits(This version):
Vandal/Tigershark
NightRaven
Officerflake with the technical issues

Extract all files into YSFlight folder and copy and replace all
Last edited by Midnight Rambler on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated bbcode issues
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Headquarters Pack 20140402

Post by Flake »

So I take it the solution I told you about worked then?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by megaprime13 »

So, I put the .lst in the aircraft folder, and the HQPGAC folder in the user folder, yet it still says it can't load the aircraft. Is there a post somewhere that I can diagnose what problem I have? (I have a feeling it's my incorrect installation of the mod)
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*
CalvT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E

Post by CalvT »

megaprime13 wrote:So, I put the .lst in the aircraft folder, and the HQPGAC folder in the user folder, yet it still says it can't load the aircraft. Is there a post somewhere that I can diagnose what problem I have? (I have a feeling it's my incorrect installation of the mod)
If you open the HQPGAC folder, you will see two folders, an aircraft one, and a user one. Select them both, and paste into your YSFLIGHT folder, where you should already have those folders (aircarft & user). Select yes to overwrite or join, and when it finishes, you should have the HQPGAC pack on your YSFlight!
Chrz
Calv
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

Flake, it did work yes, thanks. Original post edited.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Good to know.

Just to let everyone know: YSFlight won't warn you if your lst has DAT DNM - - - as opposed to DAT DNM COLL * * definition... it just plain doesn't throw an error (unlike .dat not found, .dnm not found...) so the model never shows up and you get no explanation as to why.

So to re-iterate: the bear minimum for a model to work: DAT, DNM, COLL. I highly advise instead doing:

DAT, DNM, COLL, COCKPIT SRF, COARSE DNM (Cockpit srf can happily be a blank .srf [aka null.srf]). The cockpit srf overwrites the stupid looking grey mesh that is otherwise there.

examples of the cockpit .srf being used to great effect: S.C. hornets: detailed instruments, 57th solo demo - coffin web, most of my models just use a blank null srf.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by megaprime13 »

CalvT wrote: If you open the HQPGAC folder, you will see two folders, an aircraft one, and a user one. Select them both, and paste into your YSFLIGHT folder, where you should already have those folders (aircarft & user). Select yes to overwrite or join, and when it finishes, you should have the HQPGAC pack on your YSFlight!
Chrz
Calv
It still didn't work. I guess it would help if i told you i have OSX?
*middle finger*
CalvT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CalvT »

megaprime13 wrote:i have OSX?
Ok, its slightly different. Go to your applications folder, right click on ysflight and select show package contents. At the same time, have the pack open in another window. In the pack, the folder structure is something like this "zip folder>HGPGAC_20140401(or something similar)>then two folders - aircraft and user"
Open the aircraft folder in both windows, and copy the .lst file from the zip file to your ysflight>aircraft folder (if this is done and the user bit is incorrect, you will know because when you open ysflight, you will get millions of error messages)
Next
Go back one in each window. In the ysflight folder window you should have around 11 or 12 folders, and about 5 files. In the zip folder, you should have those two folders, aircraft and user. Now, right click on the user folder and select copy. Paste it into the ysflight folder window.
That should work. If you have keep having a problem, I suggest a reinstall of ysflight. Have you installed mods before?
Hope it works!
Calv
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

megaprime13 wrote:So, I put the .lst in the aircraft folder, and the HQPGAC folder in the user folder, yet it still says it can't load the aircraft. Is there a post somewhere that I can diagnose what problem I have? (I have a feeling it's my incorrect installation of the mod)
What is the exact error that it's showing? As in, what's the file path that comes up with the error box?
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Post by Stingx »

@Megaprime: The *.lst has backslashes. Bulk rename them to forward slashes since Macs can't recognize Windows' file paths. I had to do the same on my Linux system.
CalvT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CalvT »

Stingx wrote:@Megaprime: The *.lst has backslashes. Bulk rename them to forward slashes since Macs can't recognize Windows' file paths. I had to do the same on my Linux system.
Here is the lst with forward slashes.
aircraftahqp.lst
Its in a zip file coz otherwise the browser opens it as a text doc, it doesn't download it.
megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by megaprime13 »

Thanks Calv. That solved the problem.
*middle finger*
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Re: [PACK] Headquarters Pack 20140402

user\HQPGAC\mig21.dat user\HQPGAC\mig21.dnm user\HQPGAC\mig21cl.srf user\HQPGAC\mig21cpt

Error when trying to fly online - Mig-21 cockpit line is missing .srf on the end. Causes an error everytime it is flown.
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

Thanks for spotting that out for me MR. Ive updated the LST in the download link below and on the original post.
DOWNLOAD UPDATE HERE
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus »

Downloaded the update. Cannot load f86.dat on YS startup.

Code: Select all

Cannot Load user\HQPGAC\f86f.dat
Cannot Load user\HQPGAC\f86d.dat
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Mobiyus wrote:Downloaded the update. Cannot load f86.dat on YS startup.

Code: Select all

Cannot Load user\HQPGAC\f86f.dat
Cannot Load user\HQPGAC\f86d.dat
Further to this:
F-86F files are missing - not included in user folder.
F-86D file names are incorrectly spelt - (f86d vs F-86D in the .lst and user folder).