[AIRCRAFT]Mikoyan MiG 1.44 (Микоян МиГ 1.44)

Discuss addon releases that fall under the "Aircraft" category.
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

[AIRCRAFT]Mikoyan MiG 1.44 (Микоян МиГ 1.44)

Post by NightRaven »

The Mikoyan MiG 1.44 has finally been made available to the skies of YS! This has been a (largely) secret project of mine for the past year or so, and I am proud to release it for you to enjoy. It also my fifth-year-in-YS gift to you guys (started YS around Oct to November 2010). :)

This aircraft is Russia's (formerly the Soviet Union's) first fifth-generation prototype fighter. Its development began in the 1980s to counter the US' Advanced Tactical Fighter Program, but suffered from lack of funds as the USSR began to collapse. However, development persisted as engineers continued to refine its design over the years. A demonstrator was eventually built but the collapse of the USSR postponed its development until much later. Its only flight took place in 2000, and the programme was eventually shelved after that.

The demonstrator was displayed at MAKS 2015.

This mod also made a short cameo in Iqmal's "Strangers" (1:53):
Everything is scratch made: the mesh, the cockpit, the collision, .dat and weapon files. The aircraft itself is fairly detailed, and comes with panel lines and a heavily worked on cockpit. This small pack contains 3 paints: a fictional VVS paint scheme, the paint scheme as used by the demonstrator at MAKS this year, and a Varcolac Squadron paint scheme (which piqued my interest in this aircraft ;) ). It also includes my own weapon pack, for some of the static weapon models.

Why was this project a secret? It was because Stingx had observed something with the modding community which could be perceived as erroneous: the surprise of (or lack thereof) making a mod. Nowadays major modders (like me) have their own dedicated modding threads for WIP posts and such, and the hype and anticipation for them is good. But when Flash appeared with his HD Typhoons and Concorde, it appeared the reaction would be far more enthusiastic. Stingx said it to me during an online flight, so I decided to start a project which I would not reveal to the majority of the community.

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim to be 100% accurate with the model. Many aspects of the aircraft remain classified or unverified, so some parts (like the cannon and cockpit) are based on current fighters. Performance is based on statistics available online and on current fifth gen aircraft.

This mod does not work for versions before the 2015 stable.

Credits:
D.O.E. for engine references
Greenhorn, Iqmal and Copperhead for being such encouraging bastards
Repaints are allowed, but if you would like to release it, please credit me in the OP (Original Post).

--Weapon Skins---
You may use the srfs and dnms freely for use in your mods, so long as you do not claim them as your own. You may also repaint them for your own use without my permission, but again, please credit me in the OP if you choose to release them. Stay tuned for more updates as I plan to add more eye candy to this aircraft!

Download (on right side of page): http://nightraven49.deviantart.com/art/ ... -563370585
Last edited by NightRaven on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Re: [AIRCRAFT]Mikoyan MiG 1.44 (Микоян МиГ 1.44)

Post by iqmal_97 »

Just throwing this statement out here

"I was flying this aircraft in Strangers BEFORE it was even released"

[HIPSTER MODE OFF]

But in all seriousness, a big, fat congratulations to you, NR. This will surely be one of the more memorable planes to install in my aircraft folder.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Post by Copperhead »

Kudos, NightRaven! After test flying, and marveling at progress screenshots of your work on this, I'm really happy to see it finally released on HQ.

^The Happy Murican^

<BoH
Snake6
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35, F/A-18E

Post by Snake6 »

Nice work. The fictional VVS version is badass.
Can I release a repaint of this in the Replicator paint scheme from AC5 and the UNF paint scheme from ACI?
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by NightRaven »

Go ahead.

Actually, scratch the repaint policy, just go ahead and repaint, so long as you credit me I'm fine. :)
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

Amazing work man, YS really needed this! When watching that video a while back, I just assumed Iqmal was using a lost addon or something. Great work! Installed.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech »

give me a moment to uninstall WinAmp and i'll install this addon :D
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by NightRaven »

A bit of a hiccup guys: the technology demonstrator has had its flare srf omitted by accident and the default weapon was set to gun instead of smoke. The download has been updated to fix these, just redownload and overwrite the files, or you can add these lines into 144demo.dat:

Code: Select all

WPNSHAPE FLR FLYING user/nr/weapons/flr.dnm
WEAPONCH SMK
Last edited by NightRaven on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreezingFalcon
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18, F-35, TBM 900 es, all Boeing airlinersseri

Post by FreezingFalcon »

Hey, this is one of my favourite aircrafts that I've posted to my Facebook account :lol: ( I made a post at Facebook about this plane which I linked it to the Command&Conquer : Generals Zero Hour game and NightRaven gave me a like to the photo )Thank you very much for the awesome aircraft NightRaven :D !

Best Regards
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

Very well done, NightRaven.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015