Hi Flyboys :)

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
=*=ToPGuN=*=
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Hi Flyboys :)

Post by =*=ToPGuN=*= » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Namaste (+joined hands{It's a kind of greeting :) }) from India. I am avid flight simmer & aircraft enthusiast & am always on the look out for new flightsims. I try to fly in the little space time that I get, even though my poor PC config doesn't permit me to enjoy flight sims to the fullest. Got hooked on to flightsims ever since I played Evasive Action in 1994. My bro & me used to play it split-screen & it was fun. Had also installed YSFlight for the first time in 2002. However, must have put the CPU rendered settings in error as the graphics were a turn-off. Fast forward to a month ago and I came across the excellent Contrails Productions videos made using YSFlight. So became aware of the amazing aircraft add-ons & maps which you guys painstakingly make....btw..I found this forum to be a very well structured & organized. Keep up the good work guys :)

Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Re: Hi Flyboys :)

Post by Phoenix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum! I can tell that you will enjoy it here.

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

Post by Vic Viper » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow enthusiast. Welcome to the forum man, I know you'll enjoy it here. Yes it's true, YSF has come a long way since its creation.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

Neil
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier GR9

Post by Neil » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Namaste, welcome to the forum!
If you didn't know I am British Indian. :P .

vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Welcome, thanks for t he comments about the forum structure, we tried to make it simple yet appealing. Have a read through and we hope we can help to make your YSFlight sim run on as high setting as we can while keeping lag low. That is after all one of the pluses of YSFlight.
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Post by Iceman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm

What's up, friend.

Welcome to HQ.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

aleksandar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aleksandar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! Take my word, the people here are really nice and they love aviation also!

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Cool stuff man :)

Welcome to the forum! :D

=*=ToPGuN=*=

Post by =*=ToPGuN=*= » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

@Neil ..very nice to hear that...I do have a couple of relatives & their families in the UK (from my Grandma's side of the family)

@vandal ..just a small question...is there any way where recent comments made on posts & posts where activity is high can be viewed in one place? ..something like the 'recent topics' column on the left hand side of the YSPilots main page..I feel it might be useful.

On another note, I can't seem to upload pic files for my avatar or any photo attachment. In the Forum's 'User Control Panel' there is a Manage attachments, but I am unable to find an upload button over there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kynan

Post by Kynan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:12 am

Thats cause ya cant upload shit directly to this site. Ul have to upload it to something like photobucket. And then use that link. Sucks realy

Martin-Dutchie
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-20A Tigershark

Post by Martin-Dutchie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 pm

@ Kynan: Why should that suck? It forces people who register to make an account on one of those uploaders, which they later can use to upload pictures. Btw, I think when you register here, you also have to put some effort in it. But that's just my opinion.

@ Topgun: Awesome to have new members! I think you will fit here well. Happy flying! :D

vandal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vandal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:19 pm

=*=ToPGuN=*= wrote: @vandal ..just a small question...is there any way where recent comments made on posts & posts where activity is high can be viewed in one place? ..something like the 'recent topics' column on the left hand side of the YSPilots main page..I feel it might be useful.

On another note, I can't seem to upload pic files for my avatar or any photo attachment. In the Forum's 'User Control Panel' there is a Manage attachments, but I am unable to find an upload button over there. Any help would be much appreciated.
A 'recent topic' bar has been suggested but I'm not sure how far we got to implementing it, so I will check with Iceman as to the status of that. I is a good idea and something that would be useful.

On the note about your avatar, you need to upload it to an image hosting website then put a direct link to the image to get it to work.
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<

=*=ToPGuN=*=

Post by =*=ToPGuN=*= » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank you Vandal.Will give it a try.

Edit:
Opened an account on Photobucket . Also, thanks Kynan & Martin-Dutchie.
This is the closest I will get to a real fighter jet :D ...besides the virtual flying :P .Me in front of the Mig-29 ..taken at a static display show some years ago.

*Mod not: Try not to double post, if you have extra to add to a topic and you are the last person to post, please edit your last post. Thanks, Vandal.

vandal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vandal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm

TopGun, try not to double post. Either edit or wait for someone else to post.
Awesome 171st pilot

SvenPhantom
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SvenPhantom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 am

Mega derp, hope you are not offended, completly overlooked. Welcome to the forums.
Last edited by SvenPhantom on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God had wanted the army to fly, he would have made the sky brown.
If God meant man to fly, He'd have given us bigger wallets.
If God had meant for men to fly he would have made their bones hollow and not their heads.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 am

SvenPhantom wrote:Awesome, another black person!! Welcome to the forums.
:| ???
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

Post by Vic Viper » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Sven, if you had taken the time to read his first post you would realize this gentleman hails from India. Since this is your first warning I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just try to be more considerate next time.

Nice Mig-29 there Top Gun. Any other noteworthy aircraft catch your eye?
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

=*=ToPGuN=*=

Post by =*=ToPGuN=*= » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Thank you Vic Viper :) . There were quite a few aircraft like an SU-30MKI, Jaguar, MIG-27, MIG-21, Mi-8, Anatov 32..etc...it was a very small static display of aircraft ...but it was significant as it was never done in Mumbai before & we haven't had such displays any more after that. As I live just 15 minutes away from where they had the static display, it was a great opportunity to get to be there & see all these aircraft...which I normally would only get to see on TV.

For more information & a few pics of the static display you can check out the link below.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Image ... umbai.html

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Post by Iceman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

SvenPhantom wrote:Awesome, another black person!! Welcome to the forums.
I was sitting in my computer lab at school when I read this. I laughed so loud, everyone in the room turned around to look at me. It was ridiculous.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

vandal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vandal » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

So in your opinion, who will win the Indian MRCA competition? I'd like to see the Typhoon or Gripen win it, they seem to be the best choices.
Awesome 171st pilot