Introduction

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
BRONCO
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18

Introduction

Post by BRONCO » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello everybody!

My name is BRONCO, and I'm new to both the forums and the servers of YSFlight. I've been playing offline for some time, but I'm new to multiplayer. My favorite stock aircraft are the F-22 for air-to-air engagements, and the F/A-18E for air-to-ground missions.

I have two questions at this point. Thanks in advance for answering them!
1- there's a map pack that a lot of pilots are on right now (AREA_51). YSUpload hasnt doesn't host that file. Where can I download it?
2- what squadrons are recruiting right now?

Happy Flying!
BRONCO

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Re: Introduction

Post by Alpha Star » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:08 pm

The area 51 map is for the airshow. Its on the Sky Surfer fly-in thread! http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... =999999999
There is the 171st and the 323rd as the only active squads at the momet!
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:20 am

The VFA-49 is also recruiting right now. We will be making a recruitment topic soon but you're welcome to apply here!
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Greenhorn
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A320, B737, F-5E, Gripen, Mirage F-1

Post by Greenhorn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:32 am

Welcome to HQ, enjoy your stay!

I'd ask you to join the 404th, but it doesn't exist :lol:
The War RoomImageMalaysiaball, 2nd from the left
Triggered easily, do not startle

A firm believer of using UTC times for international events

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey welcome!
I'm always excited to see new people interested in getting into the action. If you are looking to join a squadron, ask around. A lot of time the squadron pilots will be able to help you build your skills as a pilot, but if you want to practice in a non-affiliated way, just jump on a server and ask anyone if they want to dogfight. (learn the server rules before going online!!)

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but please, do some searching first. I find that using google gets be better results faster (ex. "YSFHQ, aircraft addons"). I can't really stress this enough, because for many of the questions that get asked a lot, we have made pretty detailed topics scattered around. (also why google is helpful)

Another place to look for info is the YSFlight wiki pages (which can be found googling). There are a lot of tutorials for modding but also some good information on specific topics you may be interested in.

Addons can be found at YSUpload.com or YSFinder.net. The second has a really nice search feature. You can also peruse the addon release pages here on the HQ.

In general, be respectful, get to know us, and let us get to know you, and we will have a blast together!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Civilian Aviation Server Flight Log

[FDF] TheFurNinja
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that can out-speed your jet. :P

Post by [FDF] TheFurNinja » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:24 am

Welcome there fellow newbie, you are gonna love it here!

To answer your question about squadrons: There seems to be a few online. There are the more experienced groups (IE 171st, 323rd, and 49th). But my squadron has just moved here and we need to build our numbers (this would be a great opportunity to get a commanding position BTW, as ours are currently open)

We would love to have you on our team, so here is the link to the FDF! http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=6210

Have a nice day o7,
TheFurNinja