So...how was your 2015?

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

So...how was your 2015?

Post by iqmal_97 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 am

Or from my part, How I Learned to Stop Hesitating and Learn to Jump Headfirst the Aviation Industry

2015 was an even bigger year for me. Turned 18, entered college, finally acquired a female companion...

That last one was joke.

I like to humor myself sometimes *nervously laughs* In the hopes of trying to cut down the tension built in light of recent events, how about we gather round and take the time to reminisce at this wonderful/dreadful/delightful/horrifying year that is 2015.

As mentioned above, 2015 might as well be considered one of the many turning points of my life. I've enlisted myself into the Malaysian Aviation Training Academy based in Kuantan, Pahang at the end of May. There I'll be studying for 2 years undertaking Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) exams and if all goes well, will be doing On the Job Training (OJT) at any Approved Training Organisations (ATO).Though it may have been a no-brainer choice for me when I was offered the chance this year, if you've asked me what job I'd like to be doing when I grow up, getting involved with anything related to aviation wouldn't have been on my radar screen. But I have a rousing suspicion that a certain freeware flight sim which I started playing 3-4 years ago has something to do with it. ;)

So far, it's been a fun ride. Though I dodged the bullet on the Electrical Fundamental papers. This January I'll be entering my 2nd semester, in which we finally get to get our hands dirty in the workshop, which has a defunct RMAF Skyhawk. So I have that to look forward to. College life has been...interesting for me. Meeting and living people hailing from different lands and religions have certainly opened up my mind. It demands you to keep your tolerance and consideration for each other's vices in check. Though it sounds like hard work, it's actually not. I'd say the good that comes with it far outweighs the bad. Plus, I wouldn't give up the chance of discussing anything aviation related with my dormmate for anything!

On the virtual side of things, I've started meddling around with some freeware video recording and editing software to produce one of my 1st ever YSFlight vids. I'd be lying to say that I'm not proud of it, even though looking back, there were a TON of improvements that I could've made to help make it become more polished (music syncing and timing are among them). I've regrettably been slacking off on the screenshots and activity on the HQ Facebook page. Mostly because the vids took a very long time to coordinate and record. Plus I don't have a stable internet connection at the dorms. I really hope that'll change for the better next year.

Well, that's pretty much what my year was like. The relevant parts at least. No doubting that 2016 would bring more trials and tribulations. But I also can't wait to see what awesome things it has in store.

So tell me. How was your 2015?
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Re: So...how was your 2015?

Post by megaprime13 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:20 am

Eh, okay i guess
iqmal_97 wrote:finally acquired a female companion...just kidding haha
hit me in the feels
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:38 am

My 2015 was my best year yet I think. I've moved into a sharehouse near uni and started my degree, I've made substantial progress both socially and educationally this year which has me stoked. To top it off I'm in the good books at work, and my wife just earned her position in the legal professional placement program which means she will graduate a fully licenced practicing lawyer. I myself have taken up a position as treasurer for the local chess club, speaking of which I am seeing improvement in my game now so I'm very happy for this. My country just ousted tony dumb dumb, and I've finished the year with a bang with a great birthday in October and a huge increase in my musical creativity. The MotoGP season this year was on point, I've made a leap in my Guitar playing, And finally, of course, the OYS project has been a phenomenal success.

I am so happy for 2015 and I cannot wait for 2016 where at uni I will focus on finance, accounting and management disciplines; the MotoGP season will be more intense with the new ECU rules and tire manufacturer change (Bridgestone -> Michellin). I'm pumped! 8-)

Happy new year HQ, thanks for a great year!
Last edited by Flake on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:42 am

ahh,2015,damn,the last days were spent by eating at Nandos in Sabah,now im back at Brunei,i cant have Nandos :( ,the closest thing is the sauce,i can find it in some stores.
Currently inactive,may return soon.

FreezingFalcon
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: B737-MAX, B787, F-35A, and F/A-18F

Post by FreezingFalcon » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:10 am

2015 was a good year. I've managed to get good scores on my exams and did finally got enlisted in a virtual squadron, which is the Grun.

Best Regards
Visit Abel Jets Virtual Airline's website at : http://www.abeljetsgroup.weebly.com
Visit my model airport's website at :
http://rackenvilleintl.weebly.com/

Visit 4th Aerial Wing "Scorpions"' website at :
http://fourthaerialwingscorpions.weebly.com

Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:42 am

Twas a great year, I guess. I managed to step up my game and get more work done in classes from the transition between 7th and 8th grade. I've recently had thoughts of running a YSAirshow just because, and if not, taking part in a virtual DCS show with VNAF and Crow. This would lead to the YS Blue Dolphins being named "Virtual" Blue Dolphins. (Sound cool enough?)

Personally, I've found a way to be on top of my schedule even though it might turn out imperfect sometimes. Recently, I've started to revive a friendly "relationship" with a girl I once liked (and still do. I'm planning to go far with her :) ) I'm working with my dad to recieve enough money for my own PC which will push the linit of games that I play/things that I do to a whole new height.

I guess you can say that I'm certainly looking forward to a new year with more life experiences and achievements! :D

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:02 pm

and also im starting to learn some irish.

here's one sentence:Dia Duit,ithim ithe cáis agus oinniún brioscán.
i didnt used google translate,i learnt it my self

megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by megaprime13 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:20 pm

[quote="V8-DLA"]Dia Duit,ithim ithe cáis agus oinniún brioscán./quote]
let me guess,

translation: GIVE ME NANDOS!!!
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:30 pm

megaprime13 wrote: translation: GIVE ME NANDOS!!!
nope,its this:hello,im eating cheese and onion crisps.

you sure do figure out how im obsessed with Nandos,since there's none in Brunei :(

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:03 pm

this year was pretty good for me. i found and joined YSFHQ, bought a nintendo Wii from a pawn shop for $5 having been told that it may not work and finding out that it works perfectly (YAY!), my younger brother came home from Portland Oregon for a visit with his fiance, my mom found and contacted her long lost daughter (my half sister), and i started learning how to modify aircraft for YSFlight. over all a pretty good year. :)
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:10 pm

Dragon_Mech wrote:bought a nintendo Wii from a pawn shop for $5
WHAT!!!!!!!! :o :o :o ,OMG.

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:25 pm

V8-DLA wrote:
Dragon_Mech wrote:bought a nintendo Wii from a pawn shop for $5
WHAT!!!!!!!! :o :o :o ,OMG.
a person had bought it before me and couldn't get it to work. so they brought it back to the pawn shop and the pawn shop owners put it back up for sell with a sign saying "$5 AS IS. may not work".it came with the sensor bar, power supply and composite A/V cables. so i bought it and tested it. it works perfectly. and it's completly upto date with its software updates . 8-)
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:27 pm

2015 has been a very crazy year. Was really scared during winter spring but I was patient and life got better. I have stable employment as an airport maintenance tech, starting school soon and me and my family are all healthy. What else can you ask for?A million dollars!

Seriously though all is well...
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:33 pm

2015's been pretty hectic for me. Way too much happened to list it all.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Post by Copperhead » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:38 pm

Way too little happened to list it all, for I am but a simple lad.

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:27 am

Copperhead wrote:I am but a simple lad.
Banter at Nandos with the lads.