So...how was your 2015?

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

So...how was your 2015?

Post by iqmal_97 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 am

Or from my part, How I Learned to Stop Hesitating and Learn to Jump Headfirst the Aviation Industry

2015 was an even bigger year for me. Turned 18, entered college, finally acquired a female companion...

That last one was joke.

I like to humor myself sometimes *nervously laughs*
In the hopes of trying to cut down the tension built in light of recent events, how about we gather round and take the time to reminisce at this wonderful/dreadful/delightful/horrifying year that is 2015.

As mentioned above, 2015 might as well be considered one of the many turning points of my life. I've enlisted myself into the Malaysian Aviation Training Academy based in Kuantan, Pahang at the end of May. There I'll be studying for 2 years undertaking Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) exams and if all goes well, will be doing On the Job Training (OJT) at any Approved Training Organisations (ATO).Though it may have been a no-brainer choice for me when I was offered the chance this year, if you've asked me what job I'd like to be doing when I grow up, getting involved with anything related to aviation wouldn't have been on my radar screen. But I have a rousing suspicion that a certain freeware flight sim which I started playing 3-4 years ago has something to do with it. ;)

So far, it's been a fun ride. Though I dodged the bullet on the Electrical Fundamental papers. This January I'll be entering my 2nd semester, in which we finally get to get our hands dirty in the workshop, which has a defunct RMAF Skyhawk. So I have that to look forward to. College life has been...interesting for me. Meeting and living people hailing from different lands and religions have certainly opened up my mind. It demands you to keep your tolerance and consideration for each other's vices in check. Though it sounds like hard work, it's actually not. I'd say the good that comes with it far outweighs the bad. Plus, I wouldn't give up the chance of discussing anything aviation related with my dormmate for anything!

On the virtual side of things, I've started meddling around with some freeware video recording and editing software to produce one of my 1st ever YSFlight vids. I'd be lying to say that I'm not proud of it, even though looking back, there were a TON of improvements that I could've made to help make it become more polished (music syncing and timing are among them). I've regrettably been slacking off on the screenshots and activity on the HQ Facebook page. Mostly because the vids took a very long time to coordinate and record. Plus I don't have a stable internet connection at the dorms. I really hope that'll change for the better next year.

Well, that's pretty much what my year was like. The relevant parts at least. No doubting that 2016 would bring more trials and tribulations. But I also can't wait to see what awesome things it has in store.

So tell me. How was your 2015?
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)