Formal Apology and A statement

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Formal Apology and A statement

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:59 am

I believe it's in the interest of my conscience and mental welfare (This has been eating me alive for the past two hours) that I apologize for my actions over the past day or so.

Regarding NightRaven and the Current Projects "kerfuffle":

I do have to apologize to NightRaven and give a clarification.

I never said he was wrong in his statement about DBD's request. He was absolutely 100% right, and If anything, My current mood around the holidays, having to deal with people who I'd sooner eat a sandwich than rescue from Niagra Falls (None of you lot, rest assured :D) as well as dealing with the growing pains of being a first-time administrator and, admittedly, some small sentiments against NR, are responsible for how I acted, and I deeply apologize. I will try my damndest to show restraint.

Regarding Discord:

The reason I brought up earlier on the discord to keep shitposting in Spam was due to complaints from Ray about spam. I will agree that this usually subsides, but for some can grow to be a annoyance. That's why the spam channel is there, to be a;as known on 4chan and 8chan and the sort; "containment" channel. That way people who don't want to be bothered with notifications from that channel can simply mute the channel. I have to apologize to the users and my fellow admins for my crass actions and unprofessional statement.

Regarding YSAV Digest:

You can read my full response here: viewtopic.php?p=104847#p104847

Long story short, I didn't mean to offend, or stir trouble. It seems that there is still a air of confusion of how GrunSol operates and how I planned originally to do YSAV Digest. Essentially, GrunSolutions is the Parent Company of two branches - Civil Services and the PMC. You all know the PMC (49th and Lethaldose quite a bit more than others), but Civil Services is the more community-oriented and leaning branch, designed to be something the community can work together with or be a part of, whether it be through MAVA, the sooner or later to be revived MDT, as well as the GrunSol Media team that was going to be developed explicitly for Promotional materials for the public as well as for YSAVD. I personally invite anyone to be part of the Civil services branch as well as our PMC. In regards to the CS branch, I mean Anyone. VFA-49, CVW-171, NCA, Vingar Alliance, Members of the Aerobatics community- anyone. I created GrunSol not just for my personal enjoyment and to leave a mark on the community but to try to introduce YSFlight to people through our efforts to expand to other games, promotional materials, etc, etc.

I've spent quite a bit of my money (through paying for the VPS that our server runs on, our webhost and domain registrar for the website, not to mention donations from personnel - Barracuz this month paid for webhosting due to a clerical error that would have brought the site down for a day, thanks man.), My time (The past two years, although the former half was on and off, i have spent quite a bit of time trying to grow the Grun into what it is today.) and my heart (I've done a lot of work on my end, although not as big as the roles my subordinates and contemporaries have, providing content to GrunSol and even showing some of it to the community, building this "YS Universe" that we take step into every time we click on that white concorde.) I don't want it to go to waste, nor to have been fruitless. I want to leave a legacy behind me like all before me have, even though on the grander scale of things, it's miniscule, I don't care - and I believe all who succeed me and my contemporaries in VFA-49, and elsewhere in the community should realize this - If you think you left a impact on someone or something, or some group of people, then you have made a legacy for yourself, and you should use that legacy to inspire others to do the same, to aspire to great things, even greater than those before you. People Like Vic and VNAF ONE, have done this with VFA-49. People like Skatjr and Zyreax, are doing this with Civil Aviation. And, I can't really say from experience, but I know that Aerobatics have rising stars like that as well amongst their ranks.

I love this community, and it is my home. I never have had intent nor will I ever have intent to do it harm. However, our actions sometimes have unforseen consequences that may fly in the way of this, and I apologize.

I won't be stepping down from my position as admin - however, I will strive and try to learn from my mistakes. This is my first time being a Admin.. anywhere. And I will admit that I'm doing a decent job, I mean, I haven't gone on a Completely mad power binge and banned everyone off the site, or done something to screw up the website, but that I have done many things wrong that I honestly wish I could have either worded or done better or avoided causing.

I hope the community can forgive my mistakes and we can leave these small series of incidents behind us, and move on.

On a side note, Hopefully, I can have a Community Fly-in hosted on our server where we can all have some fun, and maybe release the first phase of Japan Extended before the year is out. Now where is that manual for Scenery Editor...
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Stormraider
Favorite Aircraft: B-1B Lancer

Re: Formal Apology and A statement

Post by Stormraider » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:15 pm

S2

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Re: Formal Apology and A statement

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:16 pm